Whitefish River It's Quiet Uptown
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Although her answer wasn't at all surprising, the words still sat in the healer's heart like heavy stones. She wished she could do more to help with the pain, but she was doing all she knew. She often wished she could transfer the pain of others to herself, but she had never wished for it more than now. She hated that Ira was suffering so much after everything she had already been through. And to add insult to injury, Hieronymous was officially missing. Speedy knew they were close, and it was just one more loss for her friend. It was a loss for the healer, too; she was fond of the former Constable and liked the idea of him helping Ira lead the pack. Now she worried about where he was and if he was injured or worse. I'm sorry, Ira, she murmured. Once you feel up to it, you can soak in the River; I think that will help more than the moss. She hoped so anyway. 

As for her question, Speedy thought it over for a few moments, her brows pulling together as a concerned frown formed on her face. It certainly seems that way sometimes, she finally answered. But I don't think we're bound by fate. Bad things happen, we both know that, but it's not because it was fated to happen. I think sometimes we just need an answer for something when there really is no answer or reason. Her expression turned thoughtful then. We'll make it through this, she promised.
Messages In This Thread
It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - August 19, 2020, 02:31 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Speedy - August 22, 2020, 02:05 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - August 22, 2020, 02:39 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Speedy - August 22, 2020, 03:42 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - August 22, 2020, 05:04 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Speedy - September 04, 2020, 03:00 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - September 05, 2020, 05:11 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Speedy - September 18, 2020, 02:51 AM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - September 19, 2020, 06:54 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Speedy - September 24, 2020, 06:49 PM
RE: It's Quiet Uptown - by Ira - September 28, 2020, 06:18 PM