Stavanger Bay Take some books and make a smoothie
1,006 Posts
Ooc — summer
Ecologist
Master Ambassador
Irresponsible? Perhaps that was something to call it. Huā didn't think she would hold such a choice of leave against one of her own- she knew the dangers of the sea well enough by now- but she could see how it might be considered irresponsible, in the sense of failing to remain at the side of braver packmates who might face the troubles of nature head on. Huā watched her companion sigh and awaited her words, listening steadily. She wondered briefly why then, she had left, but she would not bother to pry further, hearing that Wraen seemed to be on good terms with them still, wishing them all the best. The woman wondered about the island pack, and the empress was as happy to share as she always was. My pack is called Yuèlóng- this means Moon Dragon, in my language. It is not a favorite name for me, but my sister was religious, and name it this way. Huā paused with an awkward smile. It was still something of a silly name to her, but she would not dare rename what Mei had helped her to found, and she had grown to love the phrase. In my home there are a lot of traditions... in Yuèlóng, we have so much less. We celebrate both winter and summer with festival... and, I think of ideas for other festivals, like marriage... but no one marry here yet. She laughed, and hoped one day she might live to see her son bring home a lovely wife, and her daughters marrying strong men. We are... good people. We leave peaceful on island, and never bother those who do not bother us first. It was a biased view. Of course there were times she had been territorial, perhaps unnecessarily so... but since becoming a mother, Huā was all the fiercer with the protection of her island. The safety of her people came first, but sye tried her best to be considerate to strangers whenever possible.
Messages In This Thread
Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - August 29, 2020, 02:30 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - September 19, 2020, 02:41 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - September 19, 2020, 04:35 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - October 06, 2020, 02:10 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - October 08, 2020, 02:38 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - October 20, 2020, 02:06 AM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - October 25, 2020, 03:22 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - November 02, 2020, 09:25 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - November 03, 2020, 02:46 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - November 21, 2020, 09:15 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - November 22, 2020, 09:12 AM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - December 09, 2020, 12:09 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - December 12, 2020, 02:15 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - December 21, 2020, 06:33 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Wraen - December 22, 2020, 02:19 PM
RE: Take some books and make a smoothie - by Huā - December 22, 2020, 06:02 PM