Cricket Creek Bog Time heals all wounds
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye did in fact wish to know of Effies past, his memory of meeting the female had not been lost to the library of memories. Losing family was hard to do, aside from death, he could only speculate they abandoned her or all died. Rye could not differentiate which was worse, both were equally tragic. The male held his breath, hesitation thick in the air around him. Would he be pushing too far? Would he upset her? Like always curiosity won the favor from the council of good and evil.

How to word his question was the ultimate challenge, he wanted to frame it delicately, without upsetting her. Second thoughts scurried through his mind but left the decision unfazed. He found his words, hopefully they would be enough. "Effie, I was wondering about— Well first, I want to explain that you don't have to answer me, I won't be upset. I promise." He gave Effie a small smile for reassurance before moving on, "I remember when we first got to know each other, you said that you were waiting for your family. Did— Did they leave you?" His voice was soft, and his eyes were attentive to Effies features. Rye thought about using the word abandoned but feared it was too strong, however he questioned internally if she would understand what he meant by leave.

He was searching for honesty but would understand if it was not given, although he wouldn't know either way if she chose to lie. Facing truths are difficult and often most, including himself, never wanted to face it willingly.
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 12, 2020, 06:32 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 14, 2020, 02:00 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 14, 2020, 03:08 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 15, 2020, 03:21 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - October 18, 2020, 04:15 PM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - October 27, 2020, 01:42 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 03, 2020, 12:36 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Effie - November 11, 2020, 02:46 AM
RE: Time heals all wounds - by Rye - November 17, 2020, 01:36 AM