Nova Peak I've been gettin' lost in translation
Ego could feel his heartbeat up in his throat, constricting his airway with every resounding thump. His mouth felt as if it were full of sand, and his skin prickled warmly. He wanted to pant, but could not muster the breath; capable only of staring as his mother turned to descend her rocky perch.

And like watching a glittering armored Valkyrie, dismounting her Pegasus, the son stood in awe of her natural strength and regality. He could not remember seeing a creature as beautiful, or as noble, even in her surprise, and he could not help the whine that escaped him when she said his name.

Mother, he breathed into her nape as they embraced. This is more than I ever could have hoped for. Having spent more of his life without her than he had with her at this point, due to his own cowardice, Ego had long ago stopped imagining this reunion, making the moment all the sweeter, as it stood untainted by imagination. Running into Stag had been more fortuitous than he felt he deserved, and he glanced at his sidelined brother, passing him an appreciative grin.

As Takiyok pulled away, Ego hovered close, his tail waving fiercely as he gave the fierce she-wolf a once over. The wolf that rescued me thought I belonged to a different Sandraudiga clan, and I wound up in the care of Father’s sister, Aunt Martyr. Her pack is just south of the Sunspires. The last thing he wanted was to think about the events that had separated them, but he supposed it couldn’t be helped. I left them as soon as I could hunt well enough, though. I have mostly been on my own since… Not that he looked it. As a matter of fact, for a vagabond he looked plenty healthy. The lone life seemed to suit him fine.

I do not intend to join Sagtannet, he babbled on, before she could ask. But, I do want to stay close. I want to be a part of your life, and I want you near until I can bring Diaspora back.
Messages In This Thread
I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 21, 2020, 03:37 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - October 24, 2020, 05:27 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - October 25, 2020, 12:29 AM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Ego - November 29, 2020, 04:34 PM
RE: I've been gettin' lost in translation - by Takiyok - December 05, 2020, 08:41 PM