Broken Boulder finsternis [bwp]
62 Posts
Ooc —
Papa! Thade barked out, feeling all strife leave him as he recognized the handsomely dark and broad-shouldered warden prancing towards him. A veritable knight in shining black armor. In that moment, he felt ridiculously small again and so much younger, that was like reliving a primal flesh memory from his childhood. Seeing Mahler now reminded him intimately of the elation he used to experience when seeing his father return dutifully each night.

The boy’s relief was palpable, rushing to meet the tall wolf through the pelting snow. They stopped short to take one another in, and he was inwardly surprised to note that he stood nearly as tall, despite lacking any of the weight and musculature of the wolf before him. Unfortunately, he would never be able to shed the leanness he shared with his mother, and solitary life had done him no favors either.

He fell eagerly into the graf’s embrace, taking in his scent deeply. He was disappointed not to smell Wylla on his fur, and when asked why he had left, Thade visibly hardened. I went to find her, he fumed — some hidden accusation there behind his angsty eyes. He didn’t feel that he needed to clarify who he was talking about. I never should’ve let her leave! All the desperation he’d been keeping bottled up came spilling out now. And, and when you left, I-I just felt like, like I couldn’t do anything. I couldn’t make her stay, I-I couldn’t make you stay — I know you said you’d come back, but wh-what if you didn’t? What if you didn’t come back too?

Thade stared hard at Mahler for a moment after throwing the question in his face, then deflated, hurt. He thought he had gone too far, gotten too loud and emotional — things Mother never would have allowed — and he looked away from his proud father shamefully, muttering in defeat: I thought I could find her…
Messages In This Thread
finsternis [bwp] - by Mahler - January 03, 2021, 02:02 AM
RE: finsternis [bwp] - by Thade - January 06, 2021, 06:31 PM
RE: finsternis [bwp] - by Mahler - January 07, 2021, 05:51 PM
RE: finsternis [bwp] - by Thade - January 09, 2021, 03:24 PM
RE: finsternis [bwp] - by Mahler - January 10, 2021, 04:45 PM