Duskfire Glacier Extended Family
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Since giving birth to their children, both mothers understandably, had little time to spend together. This quick little break would do them good, allowing them to catch up on all the exciting news. Tzila had enough peace of mind knowing that she was close at hand, should one of her children cry out in need of tending to. An extra set of ears in the form of her own, or Lane's, was always a blessing as well.

She moved close enough to gently skim the leather like, cool surface of her nose against the fur of Lane's ear. She even threw in a quick, gentle nibble of grooming. "They are coming along nicely. Two boys and a girl, all healthy." She chuckled. "Though I can tell they already have their individual personalities." With their litters born so close together, the progress should be similar. She smiled, pleased at the news. "That is good. She...certainly sounds active." She laughed, putting it lightly. There were many hours during the day and night when she had been awoken by Wayfarer's voice. "Mine are just finding their feet too."

She sat on her hindquarters, taking in Lane's questions with the patience that a mother with some former experience under her belt had. "That's unfortunate. Discomforting, but normal." She shifted to the side, to allow her a glimpse of her stomach, where she too, was growing sore. "But not quite yet. This is more of a...transitional phase. Last year, my son didn't start on solids until eight weeks. A slow introduction is best. Letting them test small bits of soft meat, a little at a time, won't hurt. And when they aren't hungry, there are alternative items. Soft, flexible bones, feathers, skins or twigs. They need to get that gnawing energy out, so I like to give them plenty of outlets."
Messages In This Thread
Extended Family - by RIP Tzila - July 12, 2021, 08:02 PM
RE: Extended Family - by Lane - July 14, 2021, 12:52 PM
RE: Extended Family - by RIP Tzila - July 27, 2021, 10:07 PM
RE: Extended Family - by Lane - August 01, 2021, 10:50 AM
RE: Extended Family - by RIP Tzila - August 26, 2021, 01:25 PM
RE: Extended Family - by Lane - September 03, 2021, 10:14 AM