Ouroboros Spine xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
She empathized with Kukutux -- who was quite clearly at a loss. But she had no words she could offer beyond what had already been said, an explanation that might settle some of the bewilderment etched into her wide eyes of spring grass. The herd-stalker gave only a minute shake of her head, ears flattening without glancing back as her husband washed his paws clean of them all. It felt an oblong, sharp shape of darkness had pressed between her lungs, the organs pinching as she drew in a great breath. It shone in her borealis gaze, seeming to promise there was more than what she had revealed -- seeming to relay that reasoning with him was useless. It didn't seem Adrastus had anything more to say: to her, the men he was supposed to lead, or even the Moon. 

She offered Shikoba a small nudge in return, a whisper of gratitude as she offered Vairë to the pheasant. Lómion to Aiolos. And Wilwarin she entrusted to Kukutux alone -- fragile as the butterfly was. She would carry Ink, particularly protective of them in that moment, and could only hope the Alpha's kinsman would not be offended that she had not chosen to let him carry her child. It was nothing personal but emotions were running high admittedly and she trusted her children in the hands of her sisters and brother-in-law over any other. His presence was reassuring, even if she did not know Kigipigak well, regardless. 

The dove did not look back as she left the spiritbear to his claim and his wounds -- hoping bitterly for a moment that they festered and left him with an impairment of his own. She tried only to look ahead as she fell into step with her kin, ignoring the way the trail occasionally blurred as her eyes stung and smarted.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Messages In This Thread
RE: xlvvi. ringing in my head, when you broke my chest - by Lótë - September 26, 2021, 07:37 PM