Serpent Lake To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
All Welcome 
Nephele couldn’t stay in one place for long. Despite her unsettling last encounter with the woman in the woods, she was roaming once again, leaving the Mesa for her coveted alone time.

This time in the opposite direction. She wasn’t about to go back north and chance it again, so she picked the south, and started walking, passing through the area between her and the lake she had barely been able to spot in the far off distance. She didn’t walk for long, adjusting her speed between a walk and a ground eating lope as she traveled to the shore. This was a lot nicer than the various puddles she’d found at the Mesa, even if she enjoyed having a place to call home.

So she crossed the steppes in her way, until the ground gave way into..oh.

Nephele had seen a lot of things in her life. But she’d never stood atop a waterfall before. Water sprayed from its top, sunlight catching off the spray and crafting a shimmering rainbow in the mist. Perhaps this was Iris, her long forgotten childhood patron, welcoming her back. The link between the gods and mortals, the humanity those arrogant beings had long forgotten. A rainbow was a simple, elegant thing, a delight to all who spotted one high above their heads. She wished she could say she looked up anymore.

She shook her head. Nephele wasn’t a gods fearing woman, and when she had been, her patron had been Hermes. So, she blew out a breath, and continued down the sloping steps that made up the side of the waterfall, avoiding any suspiciously curled shadows, until she reached the bottom. Though, her eyes remained on the rainbow high above her head.
english · greek · thieves cant
Messages In This Thread
To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Themis - September 06, 2021, 01:59 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Merrit - September 06, 2021, 03:30 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Themis - September 06, 2021, 04:11 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Merrit - September 18, 2021, 05:17 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Themis - September 18, 2021, 05:54 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Merrit - September 18, 2021, 06:27 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Themis - September 18, 2021, 06:49 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Merrit - September 19, 2021, 05:37 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Themis - September 19, 2021, 07:44 PM
RE: To my dismay, I have forgotten how to leave - by Merrit - September 28, 2021, 10:14 PM