Dragoncrest Cliffs i tell you someone will remember us
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
There were a lot of things Haunt wanted to say, things she wanted to do, lives she wanted to live. But once the herbs were administered and Erzulie gathered her in her arms, there was nothing left for the yearling to do but let her eyes slip shut and listen to the Obsidian's comforting croon.

As she felt herself being dragged under, Haunt's body and brain disagreed with how to respond. Her intact half began to jerk and twitch, as if fighting to stay awake, stay alive. Though she mentally begged for peace, her body struggled instinctively and there was little she could do to stop it.

This went on for a small eternity before the synapses began to subside. Haunt's body went totally slack and soon after, consciousness began to fade. Thank you... she thought dimly, her head lolling to rest against Erzulie's chest, cheek tucked up against her heartbeat and nose filled with her scent.

It would take some time yet—possibly even hours—before the ill-fated yearling drew her final breaths and grew still in Erzulie's arms. Long after her awareness faded to black, she would slip as noiselessly from this world as she had come into it.
Messages In This Thread
i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 01:05 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 03:37 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 05:33 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 06:10 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 06:47 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 07:11 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Erzulie - October 11, 2021, 08:42 PM
RE: i tell you someone will remember us - by Haunt - October 11, 2021, 10:05 PM