Ravensblood Forest you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
@Fox <3 So today I learned that cave diving is actually scuba diving in underwater caves, not jumping into caves from a great height. The more you know...! >____O;

I really hope I don't get her killed... is what FInley should have been thinking as she trotted merrily alongside the fire-furred alpha. But if she possessed the ability to think such things, she would not be Finley at all but some much less interesting version of herself. Someone lame who looked at death as an actual potential consequence and not just another exciting part of the game. Caution had no place in Fin's mind except as a tactic--nervousness (however rare) an obstacle, bruises and scars, trophies. No, it was far safer to say that Finley was thinking something more along the lines of ...I hope this nearly kills us. Because if it didn't almost kill you, then what fun really was the game?

"There we are!" Fin chirped brightly as she put on a burst of speed, bringing she and her counterpart to the "arena". The journey that had taken thus far had been very bland--nothing but rock and dirt to be seen as they made their way along the summit that ran between the Plateau and Ravensblood Forest. No doubt Fox may have been wondering why on earth Finley had ever traveled through that bleak landscape in the first place. The Blackthorn had her reasons though--she always did. And the gaping hole in the earth they now stood on the edge of was one of them.

How far down below them water was, Fin couldn't even begin to guess (partly because she's a wolf and doesn't know how to measure distance, secondly because I personally have no concept of distance either), but it was far enough down to light the wildifre that shone behind her eyes when she was facing a challenge that was truly a risk to her well-being. Across the crevice on the opposite side from where they stood, a wide stream flowed down and spilled its water down, down, down into a pool that had formed below. The sound of rushing water echoed out from the darkness, and it was the strength of this sound and the height of the drop that made the Blackthorn fully confident that what she was about to propose they do would not be their bane.

"What do you think?" Fin asked, turning to look innocently at Fox, as though she were merely asking if the patch of grass she had chosen for them to lay on looked comfy enough.

</style>

Messages In This Thread
you'll always feel as though you tripped and fell. - by Finley - September 26, 2014, 03:00 PM