Noctisardor Bypass and i swear right now, that no matter what comes of me
114 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Mahler for visibility! Any from Rivenwood welcome!

After crumbling in the Maplewood, he'd awakened with new resolve. The sun hadn't even crawled a fraction across the sky, yet he found himself filled with familiar energy and in one mighty hoist, he picked himself up, didn't even bother to shake the detritus from his fur, and kept on running.

He ran, and ran, sinking at times into the hostile earth, only to get back up, again and again. Adrenaline had it's way with things, inexplicable in the rotation of day to night day to night. He slept in spatterings. His body and mind, too wired to settle into anything more than a rest enough to fuel himself with the strength to continue forward.

The ugly and awful still reared its head, but now, he felt hope. Hope, because there was hope. Until he saw what had become of the Saints, there was hope. Hope that Ursus had shown them mercy. Hope that the Saints had won. Hope that Kynareth and dad had only disappeared in a ploy to make their enemies doubt their strength. Hope that they had returned, and had pushed all of Ursus back. Hope that the Vale was a place of safety again. Hope that mom had fought, and had found her way back.

There was hope there was hope there was hope. And there was hope now, as the scent of a multitude crested from the fortress just beyond his reach.

"Help," his voice cracked, and he howled louder, "HELP! Somebody! Please!"

He blinked back tears that finally came, and he raced, ever closer, to the encroaching land.
Messages In This Thread
and i swear right now, that no matter what comes of me - by Turmeric - October 29, 2021, 09:54 AM