Sunset Valley Lights from the airfield, shining upon you.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
"Life sometimes just sucks ass." As simple as Towhee put it, Rye utterly agreed. Life was horrible at the moment and the light at the end of the tunnel appeared to dim with each passing day. The womans embrace comforted him, chasing away the bubbling pain that had slowly encroached back into the forefront of his mind. He gave some thought to her words, weighing them against his own. Was she simply saying those things to be nice? Or was it unbiased truth? Seeing little value in asking Rye simply nodded his head, his forelegs pushing himself into an upright position. He sucked in a large breath through his stuffy nose, closing his eyes as he exhaled, seemingly relinquishing the pressure from his body. Even if only for a short time. His body let down, shoulders were no longer kept tight against his chest and his belly relaxed, letting his diaphragm fully extend. 
Returning his gaze back to Towhee, Rye nodded once again, as if to say he was okay. "I don't know Towhee, there were things I could have done better before they left for their trip." He admitted. "I am stupid, I was stupid..." His voice trailed off, tawny eyes casting downwards for only a moment. "I think what truly gets to me, more than my failures to protect them, is the fact I did not spend enough time with them. All the times I put off playing with my boy to pay attention to other things, or I would put off being an attentive husband to my wife. She gave me more than a son but companionship, love and so much more that I cannot begin to describe. Being with her, knowing I got to call her my wife, that was it. That was it Towhee, more than just a dream. She was my reality." And now, she was gone. If there was a word greater than fool, he would be it and much, much more. How could anyone fuck up as badly as him? Rye doubted anyone would ever top his accomplishments in failures. The man swallowed hard, forcing that lump in his throat back down but it fought harder than him and won. At first a few tears rolled down his features, his jaw clinched, swallowing hard again. He pleaded with himself to cease the tears but they began to flow like a river, his only save and grace was the absence of sobs. He wondered what went through Towhees head at the miserable, pathetic sight of him. No doubt nothing good.

"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Messages In This Thread
Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 13, 2021, 08:24 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:08 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 20, 2021, 10:05 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 20, 2021, 11:28 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - December 27, 2021, 10:45 AM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Towhee - December 27, 2021, 07:01 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 01, 2022, 04:40 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 04, 2022, 10:09 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 05, 2022, 08:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 07, 2022, 01:37 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 10, 2022, 03:38 PM
RE: Lights from the airfield, shining upon you. - by Rye - January 17, 2022, 12:51 AM