Arrow Lake why you rolling waves over me now, that's all i need dreaming
328 Posts
Ooc —
Suspicious eyes, yellow of a different shade, tracked Qiao coming down with all her sinuous serpentine grace. When she stood eye-to-eye with Ephraim, he noticed that hers were green and seemed to skim over him and their surroundings with a constant flitting. It was impossible to tell where they focused.

Coupled with the strange braided greenery around her neck, it only heightened his doubt. A witch. His mother had been a witch. That was about the only thing Ephraim knew about Caiaphas. She had two prominent titles. Sea witch was one.

He watched with a hooded gaze how she traced lines in the snow, symbols that had no meaning to him but made his skin crawl all the same. Or maybe that was the claims she was making. Ephraim snorted aloud and tipped forward his ankle, where Sphyra’s bite marks still burned red. Look lucky to you, witch? If there was some gods blasted spirit watching over me, it does not care what happens to me.

Later, when he was alone and shadows closed in around him, he would fervently pray that he was right about that and that there was no spirit and that it would not steal his soul in the night. If he had a soul any longer. Sometimes he was sure he left it behind in the grotto that day.

Ephraim, he said gruffly. She was undeniably right about one thing: he needed food. If she believed he was haunted by a malevolent spirit, she was unlikely to double cross him. That was what he had to believe. Whatever she wanted to know about it, he did not have the answers, but could fake it as well as anyone. Still... Something about the whole thing shook him to his core.

What do you fancy? Not crow spleens, I hope. That seemed like appropriately witchy fare.
Messages In This Thread
RE: why you rolling waves over me now, that's all i need dreaming - by Ephraim - January 19, 2022, 06:17 PM