Lion Head Mesa winged sun
129 Posts
Ooc — The System
The Prince walked just behind the priest and priestess, and his face was hard, ice-blue eyes solemn, almost deadened. This was all too much for him to bear, but he had no choice except to shoulder it. This was his burden — he had been the one to oversee the building of the tomb. As they went, the young Prince would offer both shoulders to his sisters in support, snaking his neck about theirs in a brief embrace should they seek his comfort.

It was hard for Siptah, to see Treva and her children — his half-siblings, though he could not see them as such, not now. He avoided their gazes, focused only on the procession. His father sang for Satsu, and Siptah bowed his head, his own heart starting to hammer in his chest. Soon, it would be his turn.

No one had heard his song yet, no one had even ever heard him sing. But this, he would do for Satsu. His Queen mother. When Ramesses' song ended, the Prince stepped forward. Being just a boy, his song would be sung at a higher pitch, but it would be just as beautiful as his father's. Siptah's voice rang, soft, yet strong, throughout the procession.

"Your face was the first I'd see,
your spirit lives on in me,
the kingdom of the dead greets you warmly,
a place fit for a queen,
do not fear the afterlife,
for these gifts I bring to you,
to comfort and entertain,
until we meet again."

After his song was finished, the boy Prince uttered a choked, "Goodbye, mother," and had to bow his head for the sudden burning of tears. He no longer cared who saw. This was for Satsu.

------

That afternoon, the Pharaoh introduced Treva, and her children. This brought something hot and angry to Siptah's stomach, and he stared, dead-eyed, at his father as he spoke. How could he name a new Queen so soon? They had just finished entombing Satsu! No, the Prince was angry — moreso than he'd ever been. As his father called for food, Siptah stepped forward. He looked at no one except the Pharaoh.

"Father. I must speak with you. Privately." His jaw was set in a hard line, and something ugly settled in his gaze. He had never once looked at Ramesses in such a way.

------

It was time for Makono to leave. Siptah watched her with sorrowful eyes, wondering when he might see her again. She wouldn't be gone forever. Perhaps he could even go to visit her. If accepted, Siptah would embrace Makono one last time, then watch her leave.
Physical Health (100/100)

Siptah is healthy.

Mental Health (65/100)

Siptah is grieving the loss of his mother.
Messages In This Thread
winged sun - by Ramesses - July 19, 2022, 08:00 PM
RE: winged sun - by Treva - July 19, 2022, 08:31 PM
RE: winged sun - by Nazli - July 19, 2022, 08:42 PM
RE: winged sun - by Toula - July 20, 2022, 08:47 AM
RE: winged sun - by Makono - July 20, 2022, 12:55 PM
RE: winged sun - by Jakoul - July 20, 2022, 06:30 PM
RE: winged sun - by Siptah - July 23, 2022, 06:38 PM
RE: winged sun - by Charles - July 26, 2022, 05:04 AM