Phoenix Maplewood first star I see tonight
Hushed Willows
hi im baby
193 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
A naïve as he might seem, Dusty recognized the let-down, and was finally seeming to internalize that this wolf didn't want to be friends with him. He gazed at her wordlessly for a moment, his dark eyes blank and his crooked whiskers quivering. It was the longest break in sound and motion that Ruona had experienced since Dusty first came into sight.

"Thank you for explaining, ma'am," he said at last, a little more reserved than before as an incredible loneliness welled up in his chest.

Not for the first time, Dusty thought about turning around and marching home. Or better yet, wailing at the moon until the flower eater tracked him down once more, and then he'd even have company on the long journey back to the desert.

"You've got some awfully helpful ancestors," he remarked, but he'd begun to backtrack as he retreated (for the first time) back into himself. "That's really somethin'. All mine's good for is passin' on a singin' voice."

This was a joke, but it fell a little flat.
* Dusty is a little shit who is always up in people's business. Feel free to bite him and inflict minor injuries without asking permission.
Messages In This Thread
first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - September 22, 2022, 08:51 AM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Ruona - September 22, 2022, 09:19 AM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - September 22, 2022, 09:38 AM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Ruona - September 23, 2022, 05:06 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - September 23, 2022, 06:26 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Ruona - September 23, 2022, 06:58 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - September 24, 2022, 04:19 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Ruona - October 06, 2022, 03:09 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - October 06, 2022, 04:54 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Ruona - October 07, 2022, 09:08 PM
RE: first star I see tonight - by Dusty Rose - October 10, 2022, 08:51 PM