Ouroboros Spine And I don't remember why I came
Hushed Willows
Singer
146 Posts
Ooc — xynien
All Welcome 
After hearing about Moonglow and its proximity from the boy he'd met by the lake, Tybault wasted no time in heading there. Another day, another lead — and most likely another dead end waiting for him. It felt pointless by now, but it had become something of an obsession.
If he was honest with himself, and he rarely was when it came to these things, Ophelia had become something of an obsession. Or rather, her illness. That was what he thought of it as. It often felt like he lost two sisters in the fire that killed Rose, but Tybault couldn't let go of the notion that Ophelia would come back one day.
He'd always been there. She never seemed to remember, but he sat with her all the same during those terrible days-long silences of hers. Sometimes he was the only one; more often, his siblings had taken turns, but Tybault had always been the most dedicated. He couldn't help but feel like he was owed this one thing, at least. It wasn't a big ask. All he wanted was his sister — the one he loved, the one he'd known before Rose died. The one who was a healer and a raindancer, who readily had kind words for everyone.
He knew that wasn't what he would find, if he found her at all, but the hope that she would be that girl again one day had never died. It never would. He wouldn't give up on her, as their parents and siblings had.
So he trudged up to the borders and called for the leader of the place, bracing himself for another harrowing interaction. Another disappointment.
Experimenting with my writing; style may vary a bit!
Messages In This Thread
And I don't remember why I came - by Tybault - December 09, 2022, 07:45 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Shikoba - December 09, 2022, 08:05 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Tybault - December 09, 2022, 08:16 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Kivaluk - December 10, 2022, 06:43 AM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Shikoba - December 12, 2022, 12:55 AM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Tybault - December 16, 2022, 12:34 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Shikoba - December 21, 2022, 11:58 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Tybault - December 23, 2022, 01:01 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Shikoba - December 28, 2022, 01:19 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Tybault - January 09, 2023, 12:47 PM
RE: And I don't remember why I came - by Shikoba - January 13, 2023, 08:13 PM