Stone Circle Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
for im a wandering child
81 Posts
Ooc — Wyn
She apologizes and explains and she must know that won't change the way it feels. Louis is hurt, but that doesn't seem like her fault, or anyone else's. She doesn't owe him either answer. They'd never made any promises.

He decides he doesn't really want to stay here any longer than he has to, even if there are others in Kvarsheim who might want to disperse. He's feeling too much and needs time to let it all settle.

There's still no ill-will. He doesn't think he could ever really be angry at Tauris. Not even if she had been to blame in some way. Which she wasn't.

But losing something he'd never had makes him realize how nice it might have been, in another world. He takes a deep breath, and since she's closed the space herself, licks a gentle assurance across her nape.

And then feels the whiplash of hopeful confusion again when she asks whether she'll lose him.

Louis rolls onto his belly, head tilting. Trying to read her, because when he'd finally thought he understood, now he's not so sure.

He wishes his family was here. These were things he never thought to ask them about, and he misses his father's steady thoughtfulness now more than ever.

"I..." A thoughtful grimace. There's rules here, Louis can sense it, but he's not quite sure what they are. He can't figure out what she wants from him. Maybe there was a suave answer a sleeker wolf could have given, but instead he admits, "I don't understand." His lip twists into a sideways grin that's mostly mirthless, "Lose me to what?"

His ears droop, eyes sad. The words he's been struggling with suddenly have a voice, and he decides maybe it's better not to leave any room for doubt, "I told you once about my family -- my mother took two mates, and they all raised me together. Love for one didn't force her to give up on love for the other. If you asked me for that then -- I'd say yes." It's a little scary to admit as much. It feels like a commitment, even though he won't let himself hope too much.

He continues, glancing away, "If that's not what you're after, you won't lose me as a friend. You mean more to me than... than just a kiss and a midnight fantasy." It would feel selfish to abandon her over something so ephemeral. "But I'm not a Kvarsheim wolf... So maybe..." He huffs. The words are starting to tangle again, and he entreats, "Maybe just, help me know what you mean?"
Messages In This Thread
Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Tauris - June 04, 2023, 09:27 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 16, 2023, 11:18 AM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 22, 2023, 05:11 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 23, 2023, 12:48 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 24, 2023, 01:49 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 25, 2023, 05:14 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 26, 2023, 02:25 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - June 27, 2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - July 02, 2023, 05:45 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - July 06, 2023, 06:48 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - July 07, 2023, 01:14 PM
RE: Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? - by Louis - July 08, 2023, 04:18 PM