Redtail Rise legacy, family
Redtail Rise
Wealda*
305 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
i have also been terribly slow, so no worries at all (clearly!).  I’m fine to wrap this at any time since it’s gotten old, but I also don’t mind finishing it out

Redd too ignored the moose, noting its location and little else.  Ulfhedinn would choose the targets he willed, but most with sense would balk to challenge a moose when alternatives were presented.  Only in the right circumstances, and with the full teeth of the pack, was such prey feasible.

The affection in New Snow was palpable, welcome, and struck Redd with the sudden memory of other such hunts with her own mother.  Wealda.  She still felt the title was not truly hers to wear.  The sudden nostalgic sorrow that gripped her was a surprise, but none of it escaped her core.  This was neither the time nor the place.  And the memories were not unwelcome.

A herd.  She marked the traces similarly, then looked to the east, spying distant shapes upon the air.  Large, uncircling, yet low and unpatterned.  Redd looked to New Snow, then let a quiet chuff expell, a question lingering in it.  There?

She guessed they would find water, and with it, a flock to target.  Two such birds would not feed many, but with luck they could isolate a first catch and return with four.  She hoped for a larger lake.
Messages In This Thread
legacy, family - by New Snow - January 13, 2024, 08:41 AM
RE: legacy, family - by Redd - January 13, 2024, 11:34 AM
RE: legacy, family - by New Snow - January 13, 2024, 12:00 PM
RE: legacy, family - by Redd - January 15, 2024, 11:45 AM
RE: legacy, family - by New Snow - February 21, 2024, 12:06 PM
RE: legacy, family - by Redd - March 29, 2024, 09:59 AM