Redhawk Caldera Elementary, my dear Watson
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
I'll be PPing mama in the background (unless she wants to join!). Anyone's welcome!

The sun would set soon and two of the pups were winding down after dinner, ready to go to bed soon. Wildfire was not one of them. For one reason or another, she was still buzzing with energy. Although the Alphas initially tried to coax her to calm down, it became clear it was futile. @Fox decided to take her on a walk outside to see if she couldn't tire out her overly energetic offspring. Wildfire was happy to spring after her fiery mother, eager to get back out into the fresh air.

The Alpha female led her daughter along the caldera's ridge, which afforded the puppy a view of both the sprawling wilderness off to her left and the blue caldera itself off to her right. "Coo coo coo coo!" Wildfire warbled as she trailed after Fox, who kept up a relatively swift pace (probably in the hopes of wearing out Wildfire faster). "Amma! Cooooo!" Her voice echoed back to her, causing the puppy to fall silent and prick her ears.

Something else caught her attention and the pup stopped to look at the spot between her paws. Oblivious, Fox continued trotting ahead. Wildfire stared down at the the thing moving around between her front feet. It was a bug, though unlike any she'd ever seen before. It was glowing. Well, its butt pulsed on and off weakly. Little did the month-old pup know she was looking at one of the season's earliest fireflies, which would be dead in minutes due to its premature flight.
Messages In This Thread
Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - March 28, 2015, 02:27 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Jaws - March 28, 2015, 04:53 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - March 29, 2015, 08:54 AM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Jaws - March 29, 2015, 11:55 AM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - March 29, 2015, 01:17 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Jaws - March 29, 2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - March 29, 2015, 06:43 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Jaws - March 30, 2015, 11:27 AM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - March 30, 2015, 11:54 AM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Jaws - March 31, 2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Elementary, my dear Watson - by Wildfire - April 01, 2015, 12:12 PM