Redhawk Caldera so please don't get me rescued.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
set the night following Junior's demise!

The events of the day had been something like a nightmare during daylight.  Explaining what had happened to her packmates had been terrible, as had listening to Fox as she made her decrees to them had been worse.  Something had snapped in the alpha, and where she had risen above with fury and fire, her mate had sunken under and drowned in her wake.  Fin had crept into hers and Elwood's den that night to snuggle up at her lover's side and attempt to sleep.  Her nerves had not cooperated and she'd stayed up most of the night tossing and turning and absolutely dreading what was to come the next day.

But, eventually sleep did claim the Blackthorn.  Much like other nights, she was visited by a dream that she had seen before.  Winter swirling about, a frigid river frozen solid in front of her with a thick mist settled upon the world.  But something was different this time...  Finley was not alone.

Fin turned her gaze down at the little wolf at her side.  She didn't know who she was, but she could have been Wildfire's twin were it not for the soft chocolate in her eyes as opposed to sharp amber.  The girl smiled up at her and Fin smiled back before turning her gaze nervously back to the frozen river at their paws.  Just like before, like always, there came a call from across the way.  And much like always, Fin was afraid to follow it, though she felt so powerfully compelled to.  But before she could take a single step, her little companion burst forward into the mist with a happy wag of her tail, leaving Finley to stand alone on the shore.

When came the inevitable sound of cracking ice, Fin's eyes grew wide and she sprang out after the child.  Swiftly, she came to a halt in the middle of the ice, frantically looking one way and then the other, searching for the little girl.  Another crackle came then and Fin turned her nose towards the ice between her paws and there she saw that little red face - drowning beneath the ice, her brown eyes wide and staring up at her in terror.

Fin began to dig at the ice, crying out the little girl's name to no avail.  She began to drift down into the depths, her little red body fading into nothing while Fin's tears spilled down her cheeks.  The Blackthorn flattened herself against the ice, sobbing and staring at the darkness where her baby had disappeared when quite suddenly, they appeared - two chillingly blue eyes upon a black face glaring at her.  Before Fin could scream, the ice beneath her splintered and she was falling, falling, falling...

"Elwood," Fin whispered, panic evident in her voice as she prodded him frantically with her nose, "Elwood.  Wake up, @Elwood - Please.  Something's wrong."  There were tears in her eyes as her entire body trembled violently.  When finally her lover did awake and look at her, she rolled onto her side and parted her legs with a sob to show him the blood that was smeared all across her abdomen and spilling onto the floor.

Messages In This Thread
so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 03:44 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:02 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 04:20 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 04:37 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 05:01 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 07:58 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 17, 2015, 08:21 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 17, 2015, 08:32 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 10:11 AM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Elwood - May 18, 2015, 12:09 PM
RE: so please don't get me rescued. - by Finley - May 18, 2015, 06:31 PM