Blacktail Deer Plateau Sweep these streets that I used to own
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
new one for any BDP!

Despite the news Lasher had brought, Dante's life was affected little.  He was sorry for those like Lasher and Osprey who would have liked to visit the Caldera, see Perry's kids and visit family, but he was hardly one of them.  He did keep a closer eye outward, and was decided to turn away any from that particular place with the same courtesy, but aside from that the days stretched on as before.

A sort of pall seemed to have descended on the plateau, though, in the wake of Saena's visit.  He had scarce seen, well, anyone, and his unease over this fact was palpable.  If there were unfavorable thoughts, he wanted to hear them, and the silence he had recieved so far made him wonder.  Either everyone was caught up in their own busy days (a possibility) or something was wrong.  The latter he hoped was not the case, but suspected anyway.

So he made himself available and waited.  He did not wish to call out and approach, not wanting to intrude on time that was needed or duties to be done.  But he frequently passed through the heart of the plateau, as he was now.  The cool forest calmed him and he could be easily stumbled upon should anyone have need of him.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue had been adrift lately in a sea of strangeness. She didn't talk too many and she kept to herself. Even lasher she imagined suffered and her children. She however could not help. The news that Saena had brought, had made Blue reel. She honestly didn't know how to take it.  Deciding that she needed to rectify such things she did just that. First she would find Dante, then Lasher and her children. It was time to fix this, hopefully she hadn't broken it completely.

SHe tilted her head and putting her head toward the ground she followed the newest scent trail. Keeping her eyes on the ground, she almost missed Dante, but she stopped when she finally did look up. She smiled sheepishly, Hello Dante. I was trying to find you.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
Shattered windows and the sound of drums - People couldn't believe what I'd become
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
A familiar face -Blue Willow, but intent on her path. He wondered momentarily if she would stop, and if he should greet her or simply allow her to pass. His hesitation was long enough to banish both, and he smiled when she said she'd been looking for him.

"Same, though I didn't want to trouble you. I just wanted to make sure you are alright. It's been a while since I've checked by." It was true that she could have come to him, but he didn't consider that part of her job description. It was his role to keep tabs on the ones who lived here, not necessarily the other way around. "You did a wonderful job getting Saena ready to go home." He complimented. Though part of him wished she'd waited a tad longer to leave, he understood the need to get back to her claim, and appreciated it. It meant he no longer had to worry about Redtail Wolves bearing down on their borsers in search of their leader.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue felt embarassed that she had almost strode right past him. She however had been so intent upon finding him she had almost missed him. What an ironic thought, she smiled softly to herself. She returned his smile and then wagged her tail, anxious to speak with him, see how he was.

You are never a trouble Dante. You may come and talk to me anytime you wish. I am doing better now, I wasn't okay at first. I am still deeply troubled, as it makes no sense. However, I am doing better. Only time will tell what is in store for us and the caldera. Blue was happy that they had such a good leader. She did not regret stepping down, anymore not one bit. She was better off as a beat, leadership completely was not her forte. I only did what I could. She will scar and she will hurt for a bit.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"Only time," he agreed, though he doubted any sort of relationship would continue. He knew such a thing would be harder on Blue, who had friendships there she wished to keep. Dante had not thought any of them much a friend for a while, though he still held Finley in fond regard. There was no malice towards them in his heart (save that spurred by Saena's treatment) but little affection either. Thus, for her sake, he kept his doubts to himself.

"What you can is considerably more than most. We are lucky to have you." He nibbled the inside of his cheek, distracted with thoughts of what would come next. "I hope that Saena exercises caution. I know she has wisdom, but.... I wouldn't like to think of her seeking retribution for Fox's actions." He knew she spoke against such things when she first arrived, but sometimes the anger was hard to quell, and she was newly risen to her position. She had the power now to call allies to her, packmates and neighbors if she wished and they were willing. Such a draw could be hard to ignore, since she could strike her father's brood quite a blow if she wished. Yet at a cost, one that he guessed she was intelligent enough to weigh and yet still worried she might discount.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue sighed, though she loved those few in Caldera, mostly just Perry. She was fast realizing that she was going to have to sever those ties. Oh sure, they could speak to each other if in neutral ground, if he even wanted to, but there wasn't going be any visiting from either party. It was a deep sadness this incited, but she didn't say anything really. She had known when he left it would be inevitable, though she loved Perry his one flaw was trying to do his best and always failing for his own selfish desires, or his woman's in this case.

Blue laughed softly, Thank you. But I often told Perry when he told me the same thing, that I'm the lucky one. I was a drifter, a story teller and traveling healer. I found a home here. Blue laughed softly, Oh Dante. If you think Saena will go after Fox you are wrong. Saena is hot headed at times, but she also has great wisdom in her thoughts, and she realizes well how a pack can crumble, probably more so than most. So I imagine she will not go near them, or have her pack do it. At least not with some serious planning. But then again I have been wrong before.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He sighed. "I hope you are right. If so, she's wiser than I would have been at that time." It had taken months of travel alone with Tarin to wear the anger from his bones and sometimes he still wondered if all was gone. "You are likely right, though. She had her own pack now, a new family. She doesnt seem the type to let ghosts from the past destroy her future."

He fell silent then, thoughtful. It was for this reason he sought to keep their own members away as well. Doubtless Blue saw the wisdom in this, and he believed Lasher now did as well. "I may travel out a bit in the coming days," he said idly, looking at the trees beside them as a bird flirted through the branches. "There are many packs around I have yet to gain much information on, and much can be learned in neutral territory."
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue chuckled quietly, Saena is wiser than most her age. She had a wise visage even as a babe. She will be fine. Blue had always known Saena was different, had known the girl would grow into something more than what she had been. Thus far though, Saena had thrown her expectations out the window and risen above them. And for this Blue was immensely proud of her. Blue sighed, She made a family when she couldn't have her own. Blue felt extremely guilty for that. She had not tried hard enough, had not saved the girl enough. Instead she had let Peregrine handle raising his children, she had stepped back when Junior would be the ever loving slop out of Saena. She had stepped back when Perry had ran off and left his children, and for that it would lay heavy on her soul.

Blue smiled softly, You be careful Dante. We do not need to lose anymore of our own, or have them wounded. But you are right, much can be learn in neutral territory. You know there was a time I did not fear exploring or letting the little ones explore in neutral territory or near those I loved. I don't know anymore, it feels as if the whole world has gone mad. Saena got hurt at the borders of the Caldera. And Mordecai got hurt at the borders of another, and they chased him. He did not cross their lines. I do not know Dante it does not bode well.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
"That she did." Unlike Blue Willow, Dante felt no regret when it came to Saena. True, he had not elevated her to the status she wished while she was here, but those remaining in the plateau had afforded her the respect any packmate deserved. He understood and applauded her leaving, knowing she would never have been content to remain in the ranks below him and the betas, but he did not feel they had done wrong by her while she remained here. The only ones with any guilt were Koda and Peregrine, and both were long gone from their lives.

"I will be cautious. This is exactly why it is necessary though. There are too many unknowns." He would rather explore first and check the region so that others (especially their younger ones) would have advance warning when their travels began. He had almost forgotten Mordecai's altercation, though he remembered to steer clear of the southeast. Actually, the south in general might brook avoiding, or at least treading with extreme caution. That seemed the focus of the hostility of late.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow knew very well that Saena had not been treated as she had felt she deserved. In a way, Blue didn't think she should have been. She loved Saena, loved how proud she was, loved how driven, but she was no denying hot headed. Though she had certainly grown into it, that was for certain and Blue was extremely proud of the wolf the child had become. And much like Dante she felt no one deserved blame other than her father and Koda, both of whom had treated her badly in some way. Some with words, others with actions.

Blue Willow nodded her head, Very well. lasher and I will be fine, unless you wish to take him along? So that you are not traveling alone? It can be treacherous sometimes. She grew quiet then, thinking of all the violence that had reached their borders since she had settled here, it was rather crazy really.
1,357 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
wrapping this one up if that's alright! Feel free to fade it out :)

Dante simply nodded in response, though he knew he would not likely seek the beta's accompaniment when he did choose to go. It wasn't that he didn't wish to travel with Lasher, but that he did not like the idea of two of the three figureheads being absent and leaving Blue Willow to deal with things alone.

"On a brighter note, I wanted your opinion. I've got a story I think your kids would love but I wanted to run it by you first, if you've got time?" He hadn't spun a tale in a long while and was itching to give their children a taste of his own repotoire. If she approved, he'd share a tale or two with the young Mayfairs. He sat down, ready to settle in and speak if she had the time and desire to listen.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue did not mind dealing with things alone. She had been an alpha once, many forgot that, which she didn't mind. She could easily deal with things. It was harder for her of course than Lasher or Dante to make the hard decisions, but she did it anyway. But she returned his nod.

AT his next words her ears perked up and her tail wagged. A story, it had been so long since she had heard a story. Oh please do. I love stories She settled to her haunches and then lay down her head held up while she waited. She smiled, as her tongue lolled from her mouth.