Haunted Wood We ruled the world
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
His distraction technique failed, his words falling on deaf ears as his companion grappled with a dark female, backpedaling into the blue-nosed wolf in the process. He quickly gathered that this female was too close to Peregrine's homestead (as so eloquently put by the angry woman he met once before), and that some of the wolves were with her while others appeared to stand on the side of his companion. The dark female and Peregrine squared off, with one of the white females pleading for it to stop. Luke remained calm, neutral, but there was an unseen tension in his muscles. He was prepared to defend a friend.

He was about to speak, to add strength to the white female's suggestion, when the agouti male made another lunge for Peregrine. In that instant, he reacted, darting forward to headbutt the male in the ribs with the intent to bowl him over, hopefully intercepting his attack and allowing enough pause for a bit of sense to enter his head and tell him that it was time for him and his to leave before further blood was shed. His move made, he would stand his ground, prepared for a counterattack. "Party's over."
and soon the sea shall give up her dead
102 Posts
Ooc — Jules
I think someone was skipped last round? :(

It was no surprise, for some reason, that his bear-like counterpart had dealt with the dark female before. From the sounds of it, Nanuk and others had shred her easily and, perhaps, today would be no different. All aggressors seemed to backpedal save one. One stupid, stupid wolf. 

The green-eyed leader still grappled with the agouti male, who obviously had too much pride and ignorance to run. The paler companion of this leader attempted to help and, with it, the spider.

Jaws lashed out for the attacking wolf's (Grimnir) grey hock, attempting to snag a bit of flesh while he was busy with the darker adversary. While it would not seem this motion was overly aggressive, it was calculating and cold. With the alpha (Peregrine) at his face and the Spire wolf to his back, where was one to go? The extremities were weak and helpless, easily smashed or torn with little skin covering them from ragged cutlery. The Eta thrust weight into the animal's haunches (Grimnir) in the process, hoping to trip, tumble, or jostle him just enough to allow the green-eyed (Peregrine) wolf some advantage. There would be nowhere to go. Nowhere to out-snake the three combatants that wished him dead.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
So much going on x_X

The foolish bitch did not listen to her, nor did any of her wolves except one. Quite obviously, they took after their stupid whore of a leader. Unimpressed by any of their antics, Nanuk watched as the male attacked Zombie-Man, her fellow Sawtooth turning to attack him in turn. As he threw himself into the fray, Nanuk's immediate reaction was to do the same. She would not leave a comrade to fight alone, even if they didn't belong in the battle.

Lunging, her greater mass pushed towards the agouti male, teeth snapping for his scruff in an attempt to pull him off his feet. That they were ganging up on him didn't matter, for it was a show of force they made with snarls and snapping teeth. He would back down, now or the handful of wolves and their dozens and dozens of teeth would rip him apart on the spot.
Always up for the following trade threads:

[Image: warden.gif] [Image: warrior.gif]
334 Posts
Ooc — dead
In the corner of her eye, she could see the two Spire wolves and the blue nose attacking Grimnir. It was enough to take her attention off of Peregrine. She jumped backwards a few steps before running forward to ram into Nanuk's side. Her teeth were out to rip into the female's side. Out of all the wolves here, she was the most hated in her book. She was the first one for Lusa to attack and this time she fully intended to chase her out.

Hopefully, Hayde and Iris would come to the alphas' aid. They were all evenly matched.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Indeed! I think it's my turn but someone swat me with a rolled-up newspaper if I'm wrong.

One of the enemy's subordinates spoke words of wisdom and, in the process, Peregrine learned her name. Lusa, he thought with a sneer, which was wiped off his face when the agouti wolf sprang for him again. The black Alpha's lips wrinkled back in a savage snarl but before he could get within an inch of Peregrine, three (or possibly more) wolves sprang to his defense. There was no way he (Grimnir) could so much as touch a hair on Peregrine's head.

He felt a rush of gratitude toward Luke and the other two. While they were busy dealing with the fool, Peregrine took the opportunity leer at Lusa. "Listen to her," he said, jade gaze flicking to the pale she-wolf (Iris) but only for a second. "Think about your children. Think about the fact that I will hunt them and the rest of your asses until you leave these woods. Is this," he asked, digging his paw into the dirt with a derisive snort, "worth your pups' lives, you stupid bitch?" With all the force he could muster, Peregrine flung the paw full of dirt at Lusa's face.

The Alpha then surveyed the scene and issued a booming bark. "I know the chances are small anyway but don't get hurt on my account," he called to Luke, the spidery wolf (Aasivak) and his polar bear of a companion (Nanuk). "I really appreciate you backing me up. But this isn't worth your time. My pack will take care of this fuckery," he assured them, giving each wolf in question a grateful bob of his head before his attention retrained upon Lusa and her merry band of cretins.
Hayde
Hayde's focus trailed off from the two spire wolves, and towards the intruding blueberry nose wolf. Why one would ever be stupid enough to walk in the middle of wolves who clearly dislike each other and try to talk would never be understood by the pale female. Hayde snapped her head back in the direction of the two spire wolves who remained fixed in their spot. If the white female were wise she would have fled from the two large wolves prepared to charge at her, though with her family on the line Hayde would fight until she could no more. Where her nieces and nephews were in all of this was unknown to Hayde, though she hoped this argument didn't cause the youngsters to become curious and wander this way.

In an instant it appeared the pair of spire wolves had sprung themselves on Grimnir along with the blueberry nose wolf, and while they attempted to throw Grimnir to the ground, the dark alpha male took the opportunity to speak. "Listen to the idiot Lusa, he makes a point" the pale wolfess said while looking to her dark sister. "We can always kill him later" she spoke through gritted teeth and reluctantly positioned herself to ram into the spire male's side. Whatever Lusa's decision was would determine if Hayde sprung into action or not, and if nothing was said at all the pale female would would remain frozen in place until a command was given.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I know it's not my turn but half the participants are gone and this thread is sorely out of date, so I'm going to quickly wrap it up for us!

Another of the groupies reluctantly encouraged Lusa to call off her wolves and admit defeat. Peregrine flared like a peacock, although only on the inside. It wasn't his wolves who had backed him up today. If it was, he would have strutted their stuff in the form of a brutal attack. The black Alpha would not ask that of these outsiders, as grateful as he was for their intervention today.

When Lusa and her gremlins had slunk away into the trees, Peregrine glared after them a long while before turning to thank the three wolves and get their names. None of them lingered however, not even Luke. Soon Peregrine stood alone at the scene of the skirmish, blood hot. He and the wolves of the caldera would not rest until they dealt with this threat. It was difficult to walk away, letting them remain here even for another minute, but eventually he departed too, heading directly back to inform Fox of the situation.