Firefly Glen beautiful glass
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Her expression became momentarily confused when he proffered his alternate name. "I know," she reminded him, "that's how you introduced yourself originally. I think we were all using aliases that day," Wildfire mused, recollecting that Raven had also gone by Haunt on that day by the lake. She rolled a svelte red shoulder. Now that she thought about it, both names were vaguely familiar but she just couldn't place them.

It was very clear to her that this wolf shared a deep history with her parents, though the details could not have been murkier. Wildfire could have pressed Taltos for more information but, especially after her first encounter with Saena, she had decided her parents' ancient history wasn't relevant to her life. Never had they named any arch enemies and she had always been welcome to forge relationships when, where and with whom she pleased. Especially now that she was making her own way, her parents' reputations should not matter.

And she thought she could consider Taltos a good acquaintance, if not a friend, particularly after this evening's sharing. But Wildfire was eager to get back, so she said, "It was nice running into you, Taltos. Thank you for taking the time to listen and give me feedback. I really appreciate it." She was suddenly tempted to offer the other drumstick, yet then there would be nothing left for their supper! Instead, she gave him a genuine smile and a polite dip of her head.

With a final woof, the youthful she-wolf picked up the bleeding rabbit and trotted through the gloomy glen, soon passing over the borders of her home and disappearing up the mountainside.

Thank you for the thread! <3
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
anytime! <3

in months past, lasher might have sought to press insinuations upon her, but he recognized the evil inherent in attempting to turn a child against her parents, and so he closeted away the shared memories into the back of his mind. if peregrine continued his modus, wildfire would grow less fond of him -- who could say what had driven her from the caldera to moonspear? she was a hale and intelligent girl, and would make her own successful way in the world.

presently, she bid him adieu and the druid nodded fondly at her, watching with paternal eye that she met the shadows unencumbered by danger before he sought the now-cold comfort of his former nest. slowly, the loam beneath him warmed, and taltos slipped into a half-slumber that sated his need for rest while keeping him alert to the waking world of darkest night.

he dreamt of peregrine.