The Sentinels i will wait under the tow like lions do
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
All Welcome 
he moved at a slow amble, his brow worried by a perpetual frown and a sweeping semblance of misery seemed to trail him. he had trailed lusca for weeks without success -- he had found her scent once on the strand, but nothing since. he had spent night after night calling for her. pacing for her. pining for her.

during his neurotic searching he had many times come across the heavily scented borders -- he had avoided them, knowing well the bounty one placed on their necks if found within territory. but he could stave his needs no longer -- his obsessive search had cost him greatly: he was ragged, bones barely held together by loose and sunken skin. he stopped where he stood, collapsing wearily into a dejected curl.

he had given up.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
*nabs threads*

Pearl had been taking her rounds around the borders, as if they weren't pungent enough already. She suspected Aria, since she hadn't seen her in a while and was understandably keeping away from them. She had stopped midway to grab a meal from one of her marked warrens, catching one after only one failed attempt. Hunting did seem to be her strong suit, and keeping the caches filled was a task she willingly contributed to. 

Walking along the borders with rabbit in maw, she stumbled on one scent that didn't belong. Passing over the protected boundary, she went to investigate. Fur and bones curled together was her greeting, greatly troubling her, that familiar tug in her chest urging her to help this poor wolf. 

She slowly made her way towards the stranger, who appeared barely alive. She chuffed to make sure he was still conscious.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
hallo! :D

he settled his head onto his paws, a soft sigh tickling his tail. he felt the cold surround him -- the iciness of the earth seep through his stomach and up into his elbows. the wind nipped at his ears and he pulled himself tighter into the shallow hole he had made. he felt sorry for himself -- it was not his hole, it was his grave.

he felt exhaustion weigh heavy on his eyelids and before he knew it he had succumbed to sleep -- it was not until a gentle wuff behind him caused him to stir. he lifted only his muzzle, his gaunt cheek and sunken gaze falling on the pale wolf before him. was it a trick of his fevered mind? a mirage in a snowstorm? he blinked feebly, a single ear cast back in doubt.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher had risen that day and not headed directly for the borders, but for the unclaimed land that lay in a strip just beyond. 'twas there that he found the most relief from the gabbling rabble of thoughts that gibbered unbidden in his mind, sometimes saddening, often horrifying -- he must spare himself of it, and go away. and so the druid traversed in silence and in solitude.

he came soon upon a bedraggled and forlorn bundle curled in the snow. pearl was there, standing sentinel. whilst his hackles invariably rose in response to the unknown presence, the spirit's greater sense of empathy overtook his instincts, and he also reached out to the man to see if he still breathed.
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
sorry this is short XD

The sad pile of wolf stirred -- instantly winning over Pearl's sympathy. She moved closer. "Are you alright? Do you need help?" she asked softly. She let her mother wolf instincts take over and laid next to him in an attempt to warm him up. The poor male was freezing. She looked at an approaching Lasher questionably, as if trying to say 'what do we do with him?'
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
nw! feel free to pp tachy

he blinked, a haze blurring his vision as the pale wolf stirred before him not unlike a reflection on disturbed water. but she was decidedly real.
what was real also was the shadow that rolled across his back and obscured her -- he blinked, unable to make out lasher's distinct features. all he could see was the murkmire of the male's eyes.

he tumbled forward with a low bellow, lurching to his feet like a freshborn foal. "my friend!" he bellowed hoarsely, unable to ready himself. "give her back to me." they had taken her, hadn't they? he blundered forward in the hopes to chase these demons from him -- his weakness was evident and it appeared it would not take much to subdue him.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the man staggered unsteadily to his feet, shouting words that lasher could not decipher. a warning growl rose in the druid's throat, only to be bit off by the obvious sight of this wolf's weakness -- he could do no harm to the hale glen-dweller. stepping forth, he grasped the top of the newcomer's muzzle with his jaws, mouthing the skin there as gently as he might mouth an egg, with not a tooth to break the skin. it was a gesture of dominance, and despite the addling of the wolf's mind, primality engaged and he sank to the snows. "now," lasher muttered crisply. "we will keep him warm, but i cannot give him succor here."
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
i hope it's ok to post out of turn? i saw from your sig you were scarce - i hope that's okay!

he trembled, instantly steadied by lasher's irrevocable rule. his sunken gaze rolled upwards towards the strong bend of the alpha's muzzle. he slumped,  defeated. not a single hair on his body dared defy lasher's rule, and it showed in the humble bend of his dejected body. 

he heard words, but he was in no state mentally to decipher the thick accent that lashed the druid's words. he shuddered, feeling a cold lance his frail body. "my friend," he bleated, "is she safe?" but he had no energy to press further and instead he slumped not unlike the sudden abandonment of a marionette. it was obvious he would not survive the winter without the supplication of a pack - and while he didn't look it now, he would make a capable addition should lasher elect to assimilate him into his ranks.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
534 Posts
Ooc — Caitie
Yes, of course, it's fine :)

She took a place by Lasher when the bone-thin wolf stood up and called for his friend, who seemed to be at the root of his obsession. Pearl just watched in pity and empathy as the mystery wolf stumbled about then passed out. She turned her face to Lasher, wondering what to do about him. It would be cruel to leave him; lost, alone, and starving. Then again their stores would take a hit while trying to rehabilitate him. "Are you going to have him join?" she simply asked.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
lasher knew not this woman of whom the man spoke, but it would weigh heavily upon his conscience to chase the barmy creature away, or allow him to die at their borders. pearl posed a pointed inquiry, and lasher vacillated only for a moment before he nodded. "perhaps i am weak, but we gave shelter to eigma and she is one of our own now. why would he be different?" 

motioning to the woman that she should step to the wretched bundle's side, lasher encouraged the man to rise with soft chuffing and a lowered muscle to prod gently and guide him over the borderline.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
YAY :D last post for me - feel free to PP him in any way to wrap up !

he stumbled groggily forward at the dark druid's urging, though he was scarcely conscious enough to understand the duo's murmuring conversation. his gaze shakily listed from the pale wolf to the dark, and weakly he licked his lips as the two shouldered the brunt of his weight between them. he was directionless and they were his pilot -- he would go where they aimed without question.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
fading!

there was no question within his mind that he would accept the man, if only for the present. however, his attentions were on the moment at hand, and with pearl's aid, they guided the man to the medicinal den where blue willow and eilidh plied their important trade, aided by raven.