Silvertip Mountain Moving Mountains
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
All Welcome 
EJ wasn't typically one to beg for an audience when it wasn't needed, but she was alone and on a night like this, it was the last thing she wanted. It was the day of her mother's slaughter all those years ago, but the wound still felt fresh. This was also the first year that she wouldn't have Amari with her to comfort her, but this was also the first year that she had a family. She let out a short howl as an invite for anyone around to approach, anyone. She just needed something to take her mind off of the memories.

this is more so an invite for the wolves E. hasn't met yet but literally anyone is welcome.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
The howl that quirked his ears was an unfamiliar one - there was a face or two on this mountain that he hadn't yet seen, he knew, but that was no reason to be shy. Day plodded toward the sound without much thought, and would only later reflect that it had been a sorrowful one.

And the face that was at the end of the sound was one that he knew - the one that'd set this strange string of events into motion, and despite the pain that'd come with his journey - mostly belonging to Steady - Day was awfully grateful to the woman.

"Lonely?" he asked, and the warmth in his voice was a new feature - something she'd caused, if only indirectly. But he still remembered the days following his joining of the pack, and how upsetting it'd been to be a stranger in a sea of unfamiliar faces. Maybe he could help. Maybe.
[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden's ears perked at the sound of a familiar voice. She hadn't yet learned his name, as he'd been gone since the day she'd joined. But still, she recognized the kind tone in his voice and smiled slightly. "I could use a friend. It's been a rough day. Are you busy?" If he was willing to listen, she'd love to share, but she didn't want to overstep.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
He'd been about to get reacquainted with his den and maybe try to get a good night's rest, but that didn't seem so important in light of the sad look in Eden's eyes. "No, nothing pressing," he said at once, settling himself beside the colorless woman and looking at the stars. The night was clear, but there was a bite in the wind, as of late. Soon enough, there would be snow on the ground again.

"What's on your mind?" he asked, turning his head to peer at Eden's face.
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden was relieved at his availability. She took a deep breath and began, "Normally, I'd have my brother, Amari, with me. But we got seperated. Today has some tough memories from my childhood", she said, nudging at her nearly powerless hind leg. She'd barely escaped her uncle's grip and now she carried the evidence to prove it. "I lost my brother in a storm this past year, and I haven't been able to find him. I don't even know if he's still alive." Her lip quivered and she bit it back to hide her emotions. She cleared her throat to cover the sound of her waivering voice and tilted her head upwards to coherse the tears back. "I don't have anyone anymore."
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Her story was a sad one, and that was even with all the parts that Day knew she'd left out - it was never so simple as just a few sentences. Day knew that as well as anyone. And he knew how it felt to wonder about family, and the despondency of not only not knowing, but of being unable to find out whether they were dead or alive. He'd spent months in that sorrow, and he wished he knew of a way to keep Eden out of that same pit.

Sometimes, there was just nothing for it.

"Here, now," he said when the last sentence was uttered; his heart broke for the woman, and he just wouldn't have her thinking she was alone. "You're not alone when you're here with me," he pointed out, moving without hesitation to rest his neck over hers, tucking her head against his throat.

Feel free to have her dodge that!
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Day placed his head above her and for a moment, she hesitated before relaxing into him. It was comforting knowing that there was someone who was there for her when she needed it. She sat for a moment, letting the tears pool in her eyes and listening to the male's breathing, before speaking again. "I don't want--you shouldn't think I'm a pity case", she uttered, before gently pulling away. "I can take care of myself, I just--I don't know. I'm sorry." She sat back and looked down at the ground, trying to subdue the light throbbing in her temples.

It's no problem! I think Eden could use some bonding.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day let her go, but was already shaking his head by the time she finished her thought.

"It's not pity, Eden," he said, casting for words to put to what he was really feeling. It wasn't pity. Empathy, more like. Day had been alone before. "Wolves aren't meant to be alone. That's why you joined a pack - our pack. And it's your pack's job to make sure you're not alone. And I'm part of your pack," he explained, feeling already that this was not the right way to share his thoughts on the matter. This wasn't work, and Eden wasn't a job.

Watching her out of the corner of his eye, Day lowered himself to the ground and laid his head on his paws. "You don't have to be sorry," he said after a moment. "And I know you can take care of yourself, but that doesn't mean you have to. At Silvertip, we take care of each other."
What's Mine is Ours
REPUBLIC OF AUROS
316 Posts
Ooc — Tweet
Sitter
Eden took a breath and looked away from Day. He was right; she had a new family and she wasn't alone anymore, but it felt to good to be true. Something in her wouldn't let it be real. "I appreciate it, I really do. I just--I don't...what I'm trying to say is that this", she said, referencing the waterworks, "isn't something that normally happens. I hope you'll forgive me." She hoped he understood what she was saying. Exposing herself like that had been during a moment of weakness and she wanted him to know that wasn't who she was, but first impressions tended to stick around.
She turned away from Day, peering over her shoulder at him. "Thank you", she whispered, and began on her way.
english · french
· republic of auros ·
The Sword of the Morning
Health - 75% (75/100)
1,744 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Tracker
Therapist
Day dipped his head in reponse, eyes tracking her as she retreated into the night. The urge to call her back was a strong one, but perhaps she just wanted to be alone, now. He'd only just gotten back into the habit of interacting with other wolves, so maybe his social skills were not yet up to par.

I'll have to ask Anita or Nitta to check in with her - Or Chaska! Chaska gives great advice, doesn't he?

Head swirling with ideas, Day laid his head down once more and closed his eyes. The den could wait - he would sleep out here for the night.
What's Mine is Ours