Ravensblood Forest Home // Dirty Paws
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife

Olive was quickly becoming accustomed to life in Teaghlaigh, despite her short time as part of the pack. Despite her initialy heistance, she had enough room to flourish and thrive yet the comfort of others to keep her grounded and checked. Olive initially was worried initially that she would be bombarded with the presence of others, but that was not so. The lithe female found herself interacting with her fellow wolves only every once in a while and that allotted her the time to further explore the forest and take inventory of all the resident flora. Though she did not know the medicinal purposes of these plants (had one of her family fallen ill, they would promptly and honestly admit their ignorance and would proceed to search out a medic). Even so, she felt something of a botanist at times, and she know it would be useful to the pack's caregivers if she could quickly locate these theraputic herbs.

So far, Olive had found, categorized and committed to memory the locations of  many plants that she found useful (orsimply  interesting). Dandelions lived to the east where patches in the tree canopy allowed daylight to break through  - wherever the sun warmed the ground, dandelions thrived. Other flowers like feverfew and marigolds were found in similar locations, but closer to small bodies of water. Olive learned that, in this forest nettles were plentiful but ragwort was sparse. A large beehive hung from the underside of a large, hanging rock near the center of the forest - sometimes Olive would sit at a safe distance and observe the unique buzzing mass, amazed how thee insect’s social structure that was advanced as her own. And of course, there were the ubiquitous, massive sequoias which kept them sheltered and safe… However, the purpose of the sequoias held a more spiritual purpose than medicinal. 

That day, Olive had come across the elusive ragwort and was sure to gently pluck it with her teeth. She carried the herb lightly in her maw, searching out a caretaker with which to share her bounty. Since finding the ragwort Olive had not met a caretaker... nor did she know which wolf she seeked. It seemed a worthwhile task, for she was not starved for free time and wanter to prove her worth/usefulness to the rest of the Teaghlaigh family (even from the very first impression). Surely adding elusive plants to their medicinal coffers would start any relationship on the right foot!
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
!!!

Cameron trotted through the forest, once again admiring its trees. The name didn't betray it. The amount of ravens he'd seen flocking was incredible, and the bloody sap on the trees. Not to mention it was a pretty badass name. Ravensblood Forest. He stopped by a sequoia to sniff at something of the molten sap, remembered that awful experience he had that one time when he had licked it, and then moved on, enjoying a walk through his new home.

Soon he caught a scent, one he hadn't smelled before, but that snaked through the trees through the territory. He was sure Arturo wouldn't let any intruders enter, so he trusted that this wolf wasn't one. But it was now his duty as a pack wolf to protect the territory, so he had to be sure. And he wanted to meet more of his new pack mates, so if it wasn't a trespasser, this was a good time to do so. He followed the scent until he found a female wolf, older than him but not old, collecting some leaves.

Hey! Are you the family's healer? He asked, just curious.
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her bone clenched between her teeth Chusi wandered. Arturo was off doing some 'Turo stuff, which gave the child some freedom to further explore. The whole thing with Zephyr was still bothering her, but after her talk with Arturo she felt much better. She didn't have to be afraid of abandonment anymore, not with 'Turo and all her other friends in Teaghlaigh. This place where she had been meant to be from the start, she felt. She felt home. Never in her young life had she felt this way, and it was because of these wonderful thoughts that their was a bounce in her step.

Her tail began wagging when she scented Cam- her bestest friend that was around her age. Sure, he was bigger but not by much anymore. Chusi had grown an awful lot ever since the two had met, and she was looking more feminine every single day. Growing up was fun! And that without real parents- 'Turo could be very proud of himself for raising her so well. Her long legs carried her faster as well, and before she even had the time to notice the other woman near she made a jump for Cam.

Gotcha! She giggled, even if she had missed.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
It wasn’t long until Olive found herself amongst a reunion. 

First, a being of silver and brown materialized nearby in the form of a young male. He was a kind thing, eager in his entrance as well as his salutation. Olive’s wide smiled received him and she pivoted her body to look at him, face to face. Silently, she hoped his of her trade had fallen upon only their four ears. Olive had no wish to masquerade as the pack’s healer and encroach upon the actual healer’s authority - whomever that may be. 

Olive’s apprehension towards misinterpretation had been instilled in her from puppyhood. In her birth pack, to parade as anything but your authentic and true self was to commit a profound disservice to your potential. All wolves who found their true calling would always achieve greatness, but misaligned energies always manifested itself as suffering and evil… or so she had been told. It was for this reason that Olive’s ambitious father acted as her shepherd through many spiritual journeys and sacred pilgrimages, in search of her own divine avocation. The day she had seen [in a moment of clairvoyance] her distinct future as an astronomer was the proudest day of her father’s life.

Before she could breathe a word to the male, a distant and rhythmic thumping on the dirt heralded the arrival of yet another wolf. She too was younger than most wolves Olive had encountered - this was likely an effect of circumstance, as the loner lifestyle of Olive’s past appealed to an entirely different demographic than what lay before her. Quickly, all the reflective thoughts from mere moments ago were dashed and feelings of gaiety swelled to fill their place. In a playful manner the girl lumbered over and launched herself at the young chap, who’s question [Olive realized] she had not yet answered.

“Had she succeeded in her attack, we both would pray that I was a healer!” Olive chortled at the silly, lightheartedness of the entire act. It was both refreshing and inspiring to be surrounded by youth, the wolves who so often shirked the doldrums of adulthood in favor of a life in prisms of bright colors.  It was a characteristic that Olive held in very high regard, as she the weight of her own thoughts and her responsibility to the cadence of nature occasionally evoked feelings of melancholy.

“It would seem that you two are already familiar with each other, but I am not as fortunate. My name is Olive,” the grey mistress greeted in an exaggerated bow. 

it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cam hadn't gotten an answer from the woman yet when suddenly he was attacked! His legs buckled under the weight and he tumbled flat onto his snout. It hurt a little bit, which kind of pissed Cam off. He scrambled back up with dignity, tail twitching in annoyance, The fu- He was cut short in his string of cursing when he realized that his attacker was his little friend Chusi. His angry scowl and pursed lips disappeared when he faced her, he couldn't stay mad at her, not even if he tried.

He rammed his shoulder playfully into the black furred girl's, reciprocating her giggle. No I gotchu! He turned back to the other woman spoke, her tone much more formal than his had ever been. He smiled and nodded in agreement, though it took him a second to understand what she'd said. He wasn't used to the formal manner of speech that seemed rather common in these lands. Back where he came from, they had a dialect a bit more laid back. Whatever came out came out, and with the Australian type accent that he held. He hadn't met another yet in Teekon who had the same accent as he. 

Soon the older girl introduced herself as Olive, and interesting name, yet more normal sounding than that of most he'd met. Names like Arturo, Chusi, Chipmunk - confused him, and he definitely hadn't heard them back home. Oi Olive, names Cameron! Call me Cam. And this is Chusi, the päiväperhonen of the coast. He stated with a laid back charm. He'd remembered Chusi's title, to impress newcomers with his terminology if not to simply make her smile.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had hit home, gracefully so, and had sent both the young bodies to the ground. It hurt a bit, but nothing the little warrior couldn't handle. I mean, being hurt emotionally probably hurt more than what she was feeling now. She rolled off of her friend, allowing him to stand and almost say the curse word Arturo had used. So Cam knew what fuck was? Its second meaning? She had to ask now, despite Arturo's commands. She was almost grown now anyway, it was time to get to know things herself. She was a quick one to grow too- both mentally and physically, and she just hoped Cam noticed how pretty she looked. Why? Well, she loved her friend of course! When he rammed himself into her (weirdly sexual oml) she giggled softly, not the blatant laugh she used. This one was more girly, perhaps flirty in a way.

I'm pretty sure I tackled ya, not the othe' way 'round. She said with a proud look, only then noticing the female he had been conversing with before she had so rudely interrupted. Hell, all the excitement had even caused Chusi not to hear what she had said or asked. Her ocher eyes flickered to her friend in concern, hoping he had heard the woman so she could just add.

What he did was far more surprising. He had remembered her whole title - the words of Lotte rolling off his tongue almost heavenly. A bright red blush was hidden under her coat of obsidian, and she waved her fluffy tail gracefully through the air with an "oh you" look. Oh, Cameron. She giggled. Soon though, the reason she had searched for him in the first place became apparent. 

Hey, Cam, guess wha'? She asked mysteriously, ignoring the other woman's presence for now since Chusi did not know her.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
<3

Olive couldn’t help but chuckle at the scene which unfolded before her. Emotions of longing and musing rose within her like a warm, incoming tide. Memories of her life past were awoken by the jostling and antics of the two. Her own formative years allowed her a long, lackadaisical and immensely educational childhood. Olive had often spent her days rolling around with her brothers, using their wild imaginations to weave situations so unrealistic that it was difficult for her parents to comprehend. She learned about the world by experience it firsthand. I was lucky, Olive thought. She heard too many tales of wolves with dark pasts, whom no longer had a home or a family to speak of. Where ever her natal pack resided nowadays, Olive hoped [in her heart of hearts] that they were well.

Too often were older wolves jaded and encumbered by the weight of… life. Olive [try as she might] sought to escape such a fate through spiritual oneness… but even she was subject to occasional melancholy. Teaghlaigh was young and malleable and Olive was glad that the family had an adolescent presence to ground them.

The young male introduced himself as Cam and shared Chusi’s name/impressive title. Olive was only allowed a gracious nod in response before Chusi quickly usurped the spotlight. In a normal situation, Olive may have been slighted having been so blatantly ignored – but the grey femme easily dismissed the act. Evenmore; Olive was genuinely interested in what Chusi had to say.

Olive sat her haunches on the ground and continued to observe.

it's really not personal
55 Posts
Ooc — Andrea
Cameron snorted at Chusi's comment. Nope, he definitely got her. He was a teenager yes. And teenagers were supposed to be more mature than kids. But not Cam. He was just as petty as any little kid, and if he said he won. Than he won. After introducing himself and Chusi to Olive, he had glanced to Chusi to see her reaction. Sure enough she giggled his name, playfully or so he thought. He was just to oblivious to see what he was getting into with the girl. He couldn't ever see things until they were clear as day in front of his face. I remembered. He whispered with a smile before turning back to the older woman.

The Olive chick really didn't have much to say on the matter of their names, so he shrugged and turned to Chusi. The girl was as always, bursting with excitement. His tail wagged slightly as she spoke, wondering what his friend could possibly have to tell him. Youuuuuu... finished training with your dad? He made a wild guess, shaking his head to show that he had no idea.
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Perhaps in a real battle, Chusi would've strongly defended her claim on getting the other, but this had just been a silly tackle - a joke, in her book. There was no use in defending her claim, even though she strongly believed she had got him. Of course, not in the way she had wanted to have him, but it was good enough. She smiled to herself, and a blush made her skin all tingly. His whispers were so light and nice, and she could not bring herself to comment. She could only smile, looking up at the other woman for a change. 

When she did not say anything, She focused on Cameron, and chuckled at his guess. No - it was far more. It was weird how he addressed Arturo as her dad, then again, he now officially was. Nope. She replied playfully, and got a little closer to make her big reveal. I'm now a Fearghal! She squealed excitedly. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
“Congratulations!” The mistress burst out. She raised herself up on all fours, her strongly wagging tail preventing any sort of comfortable sitting.

Olive knew that Ceannasach’s family name was Fearghal which sounds quite appropriate for a coywolf whom christened his pack 'Teaghlaigh', but she did not know what Chusi’s statement meant. How was this pup related to Arturo? Mates? [i]No, [/i]Olive quickly shook her head. [i]Chusi is way too young. Perhaps a father? [/i]Whatever it was, it was clearly good news - so Olive was happy and grinning.

She assumed that it was normal for members of newly-incepted packs to not know much about eachother. Hopefully, that would soon change. Olive began speaking, making a quick assumption.  “I’m very jealous of your fancy last name. I never had one! But I  did have a father, and I can tell you that a father is one of the best things life can give you."