Rising Sun Valley You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
the boy had wandered a little far, perhaps, but his wanderings seldom didn't. In all, his outing had been rather unsuccessful thus far, and when a crisp wind buffeted his rapidly thickening fur, he sighed and considered turning back the way he had come. Back home, what the dark wood truly was to him, now. But he was growing quickly, as was his sense of adventure, and the wood could hardly hold him now. 

Sticking his muzzle into a patch of herbs that smelt particularly fragrant, he pulled back with a disappointed sigh when he noticed that the frost had already claimed them, as it had most, if not all, of the herbs already. He was perhaps a tad bitter over the winter claiming his favourite hobby, yet he supposed he could always explore. 

He he withdrew his muzzle, planting himself with a plop on the faded earth and surveying the herbs with disappointment, fully prepared to trek back empty handed.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Tag for visibility!

@Thuringwethil and Freyja had taken a break from their normal scenery and into the Rising Sun Valley and all along the way Freyja found herself asking the Heda questions about the traditions of Drageda. She had been learning much in the leader’s presence and was excited to be able to share her knowledge with the newcomers to the culture. Such lessons also proved as a successful distraction from everything that had occurred recently.

The pair had split up as the sun hang high in the sky-- each wolf tracking for a quick lunch before resuming their studies-- and soon enough Freyja’s trail lead her right to a familiar wolf. She spotted him suddenly, bringing her tracking to a halt instantly and as she stopped, she raised her head and wagged her tail.

“Seff?” she called, her head tilting curiously as she looked to him. “Is that you?” She felt  flutter from within her chest, but, she attempted to make it go away with a stern shake of her coat.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
He was distracted from the rather sad clump of herbs he inspected by something much more interesting. At the sound of his name and a semi familiar voice, he glanced up quickly, ears perked, as his sapphire gaze fell on the girl that had spoken. 

"F-Freyja?" He asked, surprised by her sudden appearance here, and thus for a moment adopting his mothers stutter. he say a little straighter, smiling softly as he beheld her a moment, how similar yet how different she was. He had grown too, having reached his full height now, a markedly average build. His tail wagged as he stood and neared her, smile growing for seemingly no reason at all.

She gave a stiff shake of her pelt, after which he spoke again, though surprise was no longer evident in his voice after he tilted his head curiously and asked, "What are you doing here?" A dozen other things he could have said came to find shortly after, but he felt as if he were fumbling for the right thing to say.
Odd.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Seff seemed to be just as surprised to see her. She watched on, observing just how much he had grown since she had last seen him. Though their last meeting had not been nothing remarkable, merely a run in between four different wolves, yet Freyja had remembered the young boy easily. Why? He was much taller than she was, despite his average build, and filled out quite nicey-- she realized this as the skin under her fur grew hot.

What was wrong with her?

“Me and Heda-- the other wolf you met when we did-- came out so she could teach me about the lore of our pack. We just parted ways for lunch.” she was no longer hungry, for some reason. “What are you doing here?” she countered, taking a step towards him with a tilt of her head. “Are we near your pack?” Her thought came suddenly and she looked to him, waiting for what he had to offer.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She responded after a moment in which she seemed to watch him as he had watched her, and he found himself listening intently to her words, even though they were perfectly normal ones. Than she was asking a question of him, and he blurted without hesitation, "plants." 

Immidiately his his face grew heated, his maw opening and closing softly after which he said, "mean, I'd like to be a naturalist, so I'm exploring." He amended quickly, though his face still burned. Plants? What kind of lame answer was that? Luckily another question filled the awkward silence that would have surely commenced on his part, and this one he answered much more calmly.

"No, my pack's farther south. Beyond the mountains." He gestured with a flick of his muzzle. trying to compose himself rid himself of the burning beneath his pelt, he tried a smile that came out rather decent, as he settled on his haunches.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja was met with a strong answer and as he replied her head jolted back and her eyes grew wide out of the shock of the moment. She settled as he did and she let out a giggle, despite his apparent floundering. She was amused and pleased to be in his company again.

When Seff elaborated, Freyja listened carefully and hung onto his every word. She was intrigued by his choice in a trade and smiled wider as she went to reply. “That’s what my brother, Hvitserk, is doing. If you want, I could introduce you to his mentor, Portia. She knows everything about plants.” She chose not to say herbs in favor of the word that he had so suddenly sputtered.

Taking his lead, Freyja settled close by and offered a wag of her tail. “Are you close to my Heda’s mountain-- Sleeping Dragon?” Came her next question, finding herself all the more keen on finding out everything she could about him. There was something about him-- his smile, his handsome face, his eyes, and his strong body to name a view-- that she just found so appealing to look at. She would take advantage while she could, all the while attempting to wrangle the emotions she felt.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She appeared to find his awkwardness amusing, which brought him relief if not a little sheepishness, and he returned an easy smile. She even offered to introduce him to a Portia, one with knowledge of plants as well. He grinned, saying easily "I'd like that. That'd be cool." He responded, perhaps not as smoothly as he would have liked, but his words were sincere. Potema knew a lot about plants, but this Portia could probably teach him a lot too.

He realized then, as he watched her with a half smile, that Freyja was pretty. Beautiful, even. This realization suddenly had his gut plummeting, his face heating yet again, and him suddenly floundering for an answer to her question. Her question. About...mountains. Suddenly deciding not to focus on Freyja, or her prettiness,for her eyes, he focused solely on her words.

"I don't think so. It'd be pretty far, I think." He told her after a brief moment of consideration. Deciding to ask of her one of his own questions, he  said briefly after, "I've never lived on a mountain before. Why's yours called Sleeping Dragon?" He asked, curiosity glinting in his gaze. The boy had never even climbed a mountain, though it certainly was something he wished to do. He had traveled beneath them, but the allure of standing on their peaks was enticing. He wondered if Freyja every had.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
The gentle flutter of her heart only increased as he replied and as she took a moment to digest his reply. When it hit her, her features brightened considerably. “Yeah… cool!” she said, finding herself at a lack of words despite her happiness. She couldn’t quite describe how she felt, but she knew that it was something that she had certainly never felt before.

But, just as quickly as she had hit the peak of her emotional rollercoaster, it sudden came crashing down as he spoke. “That stinks,” she admitted with a frown, not quite finding the most elegant expression in that moment. As her sadness stewed in the pit of her belly, he asked a question that distracted her personal pity party.

Thinking on his question for a moment, and easily rebounded out of her teenage angst, she thought about why the mountain was called Sleeping Dragon. “My Heda hasn’t taught me about that before. But, it might be because of our culture-- Drageda.” she paused, suddenly confused. “But, I’m not sure about the “Sleeping” part…” She laughed to herself, somewhat caught up in her own embarrassment to attempt to trek any further.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She seemed rather unhappy with the distance, as did he, after he realized it was unlikely that he would see her often. And he found that he did want to see her again, the silver girl. After a moments of quick consideration, he suggested thoughtfully, "Well, I'd like to be a scout. Maybe I can visit!" He said with a smile, disappointment pushed away with this thought.

He was interested when she spoke of her packs culture...Drageda. Did all packs have a different culture? Larksong had Raas, Blackfeather Mephala and the Deadric, and Sleeping Dragon Drageda. These cultures interested him, and he asked a little shyly, "Could you tell me a little about Drageda? He asked with a soft smile, head tilted again in curiosity.

At her laughter, he grinned, adding the question to a long list of others he hoped to have answered one day, as well as the many others that now presented themselves about Drageda and culture.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
“Maybe I can visit!”

Unable to quite control herself at this instance, her tail waved and a fine flush settled along the bridge of her nose. She looked away momentarily as a smile crept onto her lips and she soon returned her gaze with sparkling eyes. “I’d like that very much,” she replied in an uncharacteristically quiet voice.

When the subject came to her culture, Freyja found herself sitting up a little taller as she looked at Seff. There was so much she wanted to share with him but felt as though she had so little time to do so.
“Drageda is a culture lead by our Heda. She leads many different wolves, in many different territories that span beyond the Teekon. We pride ourselves in the wide capabilities of our members and will do everything we can to provide for one another.” She smiled, hoping she wasn’t boring him with this. “I’m the Feisripa there-- I specialize in hunting, but I also am attempting to become a chronicler and learn all about Drageda’s past.” She paused then, allowing him a moment to digest everything that she had said.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
At her quiet words, a soft smile and a similar flush met his muzzle, and he glanced at the earth a moment before looking back up to her again. His glinting optics signaled his silent agreement, though caught up in another episode of fumbling for words he did not speak again.

Her words of Drageda interested him greatly, and he listened raptly, ears perked. Her title, Feisripa, interested him especially. Feisripa...face ripper? It couldn't possibly mean face ripper...Freyja was most definitely not. Right? Of course. "Freyja Feisripa" he mused aloud, thoughtful. "What does it mean?" He asked curiously. Already Drageda enticed him, even by the short description Freyja gave.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Though her description had been short, it seemed to intrigue Seff enough to ask more of her. She smiled at this, seeing the same curiosity in him that she often found within herself. With his next question in the queue, Freyja felt her smile grow somewhat impish in that moment.

“Feisripa means “tiger” in my culture, but, “tiger” translates to “face ripper”. She paused, allowing a moment for the definition to settle with him. “But, I’m actually quite nice-- I promise,” she added quickly with a smirk. “I would never rip your face off because it looks too nice---” she froze there, realizing that she had gone too far in her first flirtatious jaunt.

Every fibre within her body told her to run away, but, she did just the opposite and looked away as her cheeks flushed and a look of horror. This wasn’t how it was supposed to go! Keeping her head lowered, she stole a peek at him and laughed as she awaited her certain doom. She could feel her stomach eat herself in this instance and she wondered just how he would react to all of this.

Perhaps it was almost her time to run away from this.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His face broke out in a grin as she mentioned that it did, after all, mean face ripper, and his grin grew wider at her quip. But her next words shocked him a moment, and his face grew heated as it never had before. He blinked, mind whirling at this sudden new development, and unsure what was happening. Was she flirting? What was he supposed to do? Mild panic was setting in, and he was silent an awkward moment while she peeked and laughed at him, the sudden tension almost palatable.

suddenly his mind landed on something to say, and though it took a moment for his tongue to work, he said after a moment, "That's good. I've grown rather attached to my face" he said, voice a little uneven and soft. And simply because he did not know what the hell he was doing, he laughed, looking rather abashed. He sought to return the compliment, but didn't know how, and if he did then it would truly be flirting, and he'd doom himself. His heart beat a jittery pattern inside his chest, as he quite suddenly became hyper aware of every action. Because she was beautiful, and flirting, and he was a boy that lived miles away and liked plants.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She wasn't quite sure how she had fallen into this slippery slope, but she did know that she wanted to stop it. Her face blushed madly to his response and she fought back the words she wanted to say. Instead, she found herself at a loss of word and growing more uncomfortable by the second. 

Eventually, she turned to him bashfully and sighed. "Well I sure made things awkward, didn't I?" she said as weak smile waned on her dark lips and she looked up to him. 

She had really never put herself out there in quite a manner and , as much as she was concerned, she never wanted to do something like this again.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
His heart was hammering inside his chest as his short lived laugh quickly faded, silence awkward until she spoke again. he smiled sheepishly, unsure of what to say to that statement.

an idea came to mind, and quite suddenly he blurted it out. "friends?" abashed at yet another nervous outburst, he amended himself quickly. "I-I mean, maybe we could be friends?" he said nervously, averting his gaze. Why did he fumble so much? 

being an only child his experience socializing with others was severely limited. there had been indra, but she was certainly shady, and once he had met laurel. but freyja...freyja was different. and the boy had never had a friend before. maybe being friends meant that he could see her again.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Freyja was finding herself in a predicament that she had not found herself in before. Usually, she had found conversing to be an easy thing to do. But, in Seff’s presence, she was finding such a task to be more than difficult. Something about him made talking to him so intimidating and yet she was so drawn to him! What was it about him that made everything seem so impossible? She was used to being a confident, well-spoken woman, but under Seff’s oceanic stare she found herself reverting back to her childish tendencies. Lost within this sea of emotions, Freyja found herself mindlessly staring at him as he fumbled about his own emotions.

At his sudden blurting, something Freyja found herself becoming more accustomed to, Freyja perked to attention and nodded. Yes, friends!! That seemed like a great idea! Unaware of the romantic timeline-- or the fact that friends could have even be taken in a negative light, she found herself agreeing quickly. “Yes, that would be great!” The words tumbled seamlessly out of her mouth, suddenly finding herself with her first friend, too. She had her siblings and her packmates, but something about this seemed strangely different to her. But, regardless, she had to accept because even with how odd she felt, she found herself liking how she felt around him.

“What is the name of the place you live?” she asked, her eyes shining in wake of becoming Seff’s friend.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
He grinned widely when she agreed in a tumble of words, tail wagging behind as happiness flooded his features. He couldn't think of something to say, and simply didn't,  content to sit there like a happy idiot until she spoke again.

"Blackfeather Woods. it's past the mountains, by a huge lake." he replied quickly. perhaps a bit of a creepy place, but his home all the same. he already wondered when they were to meet again.  soon, he'd be seven months, he knew. almost and adult, and certainly old enough to go on his own adventure; whether approved or not. perhaps, if he got his scout trade, he'd be allowed to roam further; but such thoughts were pushed aside in favour of the girl before him, his friend.

"Maybe...when I see you again, you could teach me about hunting, and I could teach you about travelling, or plants!" he suggested with a soft smile. sure he could hunt, but until now he had had no wish to expand his expertise. yet if Freyja were to teach him-than perhaps hunting would become much more interesting. he did wish to see his friend again, and as he peeked to the sky a moment, it was it a sinking heart that he noticed the sun had passed it's highest point, and beginning it's slow descent. he had to get home before nightfall he knew, yet he wanted to spend a little while longer here.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Blackfeather Woods. She nodded to this, committing the pack to memory. Though she was not much of an adventurer, she would soon herself longing for the open road in favor of seeing her friend, Seff. Of course, she would need to convince the Heda that they would need another lesson and suggest a trip--- just as they had today. Perhaps she was getting way of herself, but she could not help it. Even being in his company, she still looked forward to seeing her friend again.

He spoke again before she did with suggestions of what their next meeting could entail. Her eyes brightened to this and she nodded quickly. “Yeah, I would really like to teach you. I learned from the best, so you would be getting the best teaching.” This much she was confident in. But even with this, the girl found herself hungry in wanting to learn more about Seff. “How much traveling have you done?” She couldn’t imagine what he had seen out there-- after all, this was the furthest she had ever traveled from home.
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
She seemed glad of the idea, and he said quickly with a soft smile, "I'd like that" , gaze darting to the ground a moment as he felt fumble again. his thoughts mirrored hers in that he was already looking forward to seeing her once again, even though now she was before him. He did not doubt she was a good teacher, though he had yet to even see her hunt he bet she was amazing.

She seemed interested in his travels, and this he could easily answer. "I've been a lot of places; I've explored some of the Flatlands, traveled through this Valley and the Taiga, and crossed the mountains a few times." He told her, memories of the multiple long journeys between Blackfeather and Larksong in his mind.

The multiple territories he had crossed were varied and exciting, and a small smile came to mind as he thought of them. "I was born in the north, but when I was little I wandered away, and my mentor, Potema, found me and took me with her to Blackfeather." He told her, deciding to tell her some of him. "When I found my parents again, they decided to come back to Blackfeather with me." He added finally, looking to her.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
There was something about his smile that caused Freyja to blush madly. Shuffling, she attempted to rid herself of this feeling that had plagued her since she’d laid eyes on him.

A distraction came as he spoke of all of the places that he’d traveled and she found herself impressed with all that he had accomplished. Her ears perked atop her head as she listened and her head canted momentarily as she processed the names of the palces she had not heard of. “It sounds like you’ve been everywhere,” she admitted, her voice laced with interest. Aside from Sleeping Dragon, Freyja had only traveled to areas that were close to her home. The Rising Sun Valley was the furthest she had ever explored. “Sounds like I’m going to have a good mentor, too,” she admitted, smiling.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Thuringwethil had managed to track down a single rabbit when made her way back to where they agreed to meet, only to find her charge nowhere to be found. Heda waits several minutes with the rabbit dangling between her jaws before she turns and follows the trail Freyja left behind. She hadn’t gotten far, either, but there are other voices that give cause for concern. Her ears cup forward to try and catch the words on the wind and her feet pick up and she trots closer, coming upon Freyja and Seff talking to one another. Her grey eyes narrow upon the scene but nothing seem terribly out of place. She drops the rabbit at her feet and puts one paw over it.

“Freyja,” she says, commanding the girl to retreat from her companion. She glances back to the boy as she realizes who he is. He’s gotten a little bigger than when she’d seen him last and his mother isn’t present this time. “Seff,” she regards, before dipping her head down to pick up the rabbit so they may leave at once.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
217 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
All confidence he had built up, oddly, vanished at his words, and once again he burned under his pelt. At this point, he was slightly concerned; was something wrong with him? Surely he shouldn't be feeling hot, and struggle for words, and like his heart was a fluttering bird. Freyja made him feel...odd.

Feeling as if he'd have to investigate this whole thing latter, he smiled softly at her compliment, and though he appeared fairly composed on the inside, his mind was screaming at him to reply. And reply well. He couldn't be informal, but not to formal, he had to thank her, or not excessively, that would just make him seem desperate, and now time was running out, and-

"Yehanks!" He blurted, and quite suddenly his eyes widened, and he stuttered a quick amend. "I-I mean, thanks, y-yeah, I-" he paused, mortified by what was by far his worst outburst yet, sounding strangled and quite idiotic. His face colored, and he glanced at the paws that were suddenly to interesting to him. "I'd be h-happy to teach you." he finally settled on, though he still looked like he'd been stung.

then suddenly there was another, and Seff's already fluttering heart dropped like a stone. Throat suddenly dry, and the greeting the woman gave him and the name that was like an order to Freyja were so jarring and sudden. But somehow, he managed to recall what Freyja had said, and dipping his head respectfully, said quietly, somewhat nervous in the slightest, "Greetings, Heda.", using her formal title that he had learned with solemn respect.

He stepped smoothly to his paws, so far the only smooth move he had successful completed, and gave a sincer, earnest smile, and though he wished he could spend much for time with her, he might spontaneously combust should he do so, and the presence of Heda made things suddenly seem much heavier "I think I should go...I need to get home before dark." He admitted dejectedly,  meeting her gaze briefly with a smile,  that, however nervous and sheepish, expressed his joy at meeting her again. "I can't wait to see you again, Freyja." He told her softly, sincerely, gaze meeting hers a moment later before he tore himself away, and should she make no move to delay him or stop him, he'd slip off, though not looking over his shoulder with a joyful smile half a dozen times.

and even when he were to find the passage between the mountains, that stubborn smile would still be ever present on his features.
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
the time Heda had arrived, Freyja was already at an emotional high. Her heart fluttered and her stomach churned with every word that he spoke. Though this feeling was odd, Freyja still could not comprehend why she kept indulging herself in this feeling. It did not make sense to her why she would feel such ways about another that was practically a stranger-- a kind, handsome, and amazing stranger mind you. She was often quite good about wrangling her emotions. But, for whatever reason, Seff had a hold on her that no wolf didn’t seem to have.

She did not hear Thuringwethil’s approach, nor did she smell her, but it was as the leader spoke that Freyja froze momentarily. Her emotions melt as a sense of duty overcame her and she picked herself up and crept towards the Heda, her body low out of respect for her leader. Quickly, taking a seat at her side, Freyja looked to Seff apologetically, offering one more smile before falling expressionless.

Despite her wanting to keep Seff in her presence longer, Freyja understood the other’s need to retreat. Nodding to his words, she offers him a kind smile. “I can’t wait to see you again, too, Seff. Travel safe.” Her longing for the other wolf did not surface in her tone, but there was a gentle light to her eyes that showcased such emotions.

Giving herself a soft shake, Freyja looked up to her Heda with a smile and wagged her tail. The pair then went on to find Freyja’s portion of the meal and continue her lesson. Though she did her best in paying attention, Freyja felt her mind wandering occasionally to the blonde boy and his captivating sea-like eyes.