Ravensblood Forest Im here with a pledge hand slapped across my chest
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Joining 
@Olive @Arturo @Furiosa . this ties in with a previous thread with Olive.

For a long time he had left her side, and she constantly haunted him. Her voice, Her image, her touch was constantly in his dreams making him ache for his little embodiment of peace. So he set forth on a journey to find Her pack. He wished to find a place within the rankings so he could be near her once more. 

They had parted after their first meeting because he had spoken of the urge to gain more knowledge of the surrounding packs. He had never intended to join the bloodthirsty pack he did, but it had happened. Now he had escaped, though not unscathed. Bloody scabs were all over his pelt and he was weakened from traveling with open wounds. 

Pausing briefly he lifted his muzzle and sniffed. He thought he had caught her scent. As the cool air was drawn into his nose he sighed with relief. He had found them. He stopped (more so collapsed) A few feet away from the territory border and howled weakly, asking for a high ranking's presence, and hoping desperately That Olive would recognise his voice.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo had almost ignored the weak howl. It was not far from his position on his patrol and as he knew it not to belong to Lotte or any of The Family he couldn't claim that he had much interest. If not for the fact of his alliance with Skellige and his pending alliance with Deirdre he probably would have ignored it but as the voice was not one that he recognized and the consideration that something happened to one of the aforementioned wolves he moved to investigate. He did not have a bleeding heart by any means of the word but he would not turn a blind eye and deaf ear to one of his allies. Fiery red-orange gaze burned as it swept over the mass of fur the color of spilled ink a few feet from his borders where the stranger had collapsed. The scent of blood was pungent, strong and coppery on the air. He smelled of a pack but not one that Arturo was allied with and therefore not one that the coywolf cared about. Instantly, his hackles bristled with hyper vigilance and his lips curled back from his teeth.

What the fuck? The instinct to chase the male away was strong within the Ceannasach. A stranger from another pack with open wounds collapsed near his borders? That sounded like a shit storm that he did not want his Family apart of. “Get up.” Arturo demanded, eyes scanning the territory that the male lingered in looking for any signs of an attack. No, he didn't like this at all. First, he was going to get the information that he could and then he would decide whether he wanted to chase him from his Family or not. Even with Furiosa as his red herring he had thus forth displayed enough power — which any guardian could do essentially — to chase unwanted wolves from his borders. He'd done it once to a potentially expecting woman and he would not hesitate to do it again.

“Why are you here? What happened to you?” What in the fuck did you bring to my Family's doorstep? was the unspoken question. He could have simply gotten attacked by a predator during a hunt or something, easily, but Arturo was protective over his Family and he naturally tended to assume the very worst case scenario in order to prepare for it; and he had no intentions of aiding a pack wolf he was not allied with.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Being vague about her return and shizzles

Chusi took her position as Oidhre seriously, and every opportunity she got to proof herself- to do something, she took. Today was no different. When the howl reached her ears, she immediately got on all fours and almost sprinted toward the border. It was on her way that she noticed her father coming too, and she slowed to his pace of moving. She was silent, noticing the tenseness in the air as they got closer to a male that smelled of something that reminded her of her breakfast. Was this the smell of blood? Her nostrils flared as she took in the inky male's scent. He was not of them, not of Donnelaith and not of Blackrock. What in the name of the mountain was he doing here?

Dad, maybe he can't... Chusi let out softly as Arturo commanded the other to get up. He looked awful like this - collapsed on the borders of a pack that did not know him and could care less if he lived or died. But Chusi had no reason to hate him. He was no threat to their lands like this, and she was a spirit of mercy. She took a step closer to the borders to take a better look - wondering how long he still had if he was not treated.

It's okay, you're safe now... She whispered softly, like a mother would whisper sweet nothings in her children's ears on a stormy night. Of course she wanted to know what had happened to him - who had done this to him and where he came from, but if he were to die right here and now, they would never know.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Sorry guys, don’t mind me over here as I write a freaking novel

Since parting with Dakarai, Olive felt as if she only held half a soul. She had glimpsed the universal heavens within another wolf [her wolf] and the harsh realities of a life without him were laid bare in front of her. At best, if felt as if she weren’t living to her fullest potential. At worst, if felt as if she weren’t living at all. The maiden found herself oscillating  between these two extremes several times a day. 

During this time, the doe took solace in her sacred visions; choosing to spend large swathes of time hidden among the forest in an attempt to recreate the strong emotions she felt with Dakarai. Nothing she did could fully replicate the strange, guttural emotion [she was a bit distracted from her studies, after all] and she craved it intensely. The fae felt small and vulnerable without his simmering gaze upon her [though she knew nothing could touch her as a member of Teaghlaigh], nor his touch to ground her in the present. But they had made a promise to each other: a promise to reunite. 

At the time, Olive did not know exactly what it truly meant but looked forward to it immensely. 

Then - a howl! The sound reached Olive’s ears immediately and it reverberated strongly within her spirit [though the audible sound of the howl was weak and breathless]. The woman immediately knew it to be her dark king, Dakarai - he had finally come. Almost instantaneously the grey woman rose and dashed off among the titans, seeking the boarders and seeking the embrace of her kindred lover.

The scene she came upon was not the scene that Olive had imagined for their reunion. Olive had hoped to be the first to arrive, but that was not the case - both Arturo and Chusi were already there. During her wistful bouts in the forest, Olive often entertained visions of the brute, standing strongly and proudly above her - but it was not this wolf at their borders. Instead, Dakarai’s dark form hugged the ground beneath the two members of Teaghlaigh. Confusion gripped Olive’s mind before the scent of blood flooded her senses.

“My love,” she spoke breathlessly, the words falling from between her lips towards no one in particular. Olive stepped out from the shadows of the forest, her moonshine eyes darting from Dakarai, to Arturo, to Chusi. Pale paws took another step towards the scene; Olive was unsure whether to stay near her family or reunite with her paramour. Seeing as Dakarai was a stranger to the rest of the family, the pragmatic solution would have been to stand in solidarity behind her superiors… but the women could resist him no longer, especially not in such a state. Olive hoped Arturo would not take her rush to meet him as a slight.

Olive drew closer to Dakarai’s side, immediately dropping to the ground and curling against him in an attempt to thaw him with her body heat. The young queen had done this to Olive on that fateful day at the river - and since that meeting, the weather had only gotten colder.

The familiar sensations rose quickly within the woman, but this time it was layered in a veil of sorrow. The other half of her soul lay next to her, bruised and bleeding. Olive was concerned and had many questions about why he was battered so, but she kept those questions silent. Instead, she elected to close her eyes and drink in his scent, to sense the pulse of her body next to his, to intimately feel his fur intermingle with her own. This was the moment she had been waiting for and would relish it for what it really was. Dakarai was not a distant dream but a distinct reality, laying just outside her borders.

“See? You are strong… and you are resilient. Just what I saw you for on that mountainside.”  Olive sung into his ear. The woman looked kindly, longingly down at Dakarai and silently thanked him for returning to her… no matter what the cost to himself. 

Olive looked up and offered an appreciative look to Chusi [acknowledging her kindness] before turning to Arturo and pulling her small body from the ground. She would not deign to speak to Ceannasach from her place on the ground but would instead address him with an air of respect [like the boss she knew him to be.]

“Arturo, I…” she began, but was suddenly unable to find her words.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai had struggled to gather his paws underneath him and stand at the apparent leaders command. Instead he only managed to flop back over quite pathetically. A female arrived alongside the male and he looked up hoping it was his love. She was not however and he gave a weak whimper "thank you miss..I promise I mean no harm,nor do I belong to any pack any longer....I made a- Olive?" his tail thumped wildly against the ground as joy filled eyes peered up at his Goddess. "I kept my promise my sweet Olive" he said, voice already strengthening.

Then she came forth and lowered herself beside him, pressing her fur against his body and curling against him. She gazed into his eyes and her sweet voice spoke kind words, words that filled his soul and heated his body. "And you are just as intoxicating Olive...my own beautiful embodiment of peace" He said and touched his nose to her fur, breathing in her delightful scent.

It was then that he remembered the two wolves, one of them being a bit fierce. He looked at the male and spoke from his heart "I met Olive as a loner and we conversed for a while, falling deeply in love while doing so. I made a promise to her that I would return to her side, but that I wished to see the lands first. I stumbled upon Blackfeather woods and joined, I have no idea why to be honest. But it was a mistake from the start."

They were vicious and eager to fight, not something I wanted to belong to. I had only been there for a week and I missed Olive, and wanted to keep my promise. So I left and was assaulted on the borders. I fought back but they were all good at fighting, and I myself was a bit rusty. Sir, I came to keep this promise because I consider Olive to be my family, and family is important. Please sir let join your pack, I swear I'll accept any rank you put me in."
 he finished his speech by lowering his head respectfully and waiting for the reply with a nervous heart.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
An ear flickered towards Chusi as his daughter and Heir emerged on the scene. This did not surprise the Ceannasach and he did not oppose her presence. It was apart of her training as leader, plus it also served as guardian training. What he did not approve of, however, was her bleeding heart shown towards the stranger, a promise that he was safe now. From whom? Arturo had made no declaration that he was safe, nor that he would risk Teaghlaigh to take him in. “Chusi, we do not make promises that we don't know we can keep,” The smoky, deep, accented voice of the gangster was chiding as it was offered to his daughter. He had no idea who this stranger was or what sort of danger he imposed on Teaghlaigh. He was not from an allied pack. Arturo had yet to offer him sanctuary and he wouldn't — not until he got answers and only if those answers were satisfactory.

Olive arrived, to Arturo's surprise, on the scene and rushed to the ink colored stranger as if they were lovers since parted. And from their words this was that very scenario. Arturo took the information in stoically, unsure what exactly he was meant to do with it. Olive had not spoken of a lover or mate and this was unexpected to the gangster. Regardless of his connection to Olive he was not apart of the Family, nor an allied wolf and he was bloodied and clearly exhausted. This concerned the gangster. Greatly. His gaze burned upon the star-crossed lovers and thought of the one that he thought most precious. If it were Lotte collapsed and bleeding Arturo knew exactly what he would have done. There would have been no hesitation to do as Olive had done: rush to her, embrace her, assure her that nothing and no one would hurt her again, along with an added promise that he would find whatever bastard was responsible for harming her, hunt them down and kill them. And if he were in Olive's role and Lotte in the stranger's, wouldn't he look to his leader to trust him and accept Lotte in? The problem was Arturo knew he would have. Acting like he wouldn't would be hyprocritical. Nevertheless, Arturo took a deep breath as he listened to the words the male offered him, giving him his intense attention, for the moment determined to focus upon the male as opposed to the women.

“You have expatriated yourself from this ...Blackfeather Woods,” Arturo spoke, breaking his silence. “and they have attacked you for it,” This was where he had his ...concerns. “Clearly they do not take desertion well,” It seemed that banishment was not favorable else they would have let him leave simply put. “What is to say that they have not followed you? That they will not hunt you down? That they will not come for you?” This consideration clashed viciously within Arturo as he looked, then to Olive. “I trust Olive impeccably. She is apart of my Family,” He admitted slowly, lifting his muzzle. “but you, I do not know. Can you tell me for sure that you were not followed? That they will not bring war to our home? That they will not hurt our Family for you?” Sure, a war with the Depth wolves beside them was a war they had a better chance of winning but Teaghlaigh was still an infant and he would not risk The Family's safety. This was what troubled him and he wanted answers before he decided anything.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
It pained her to see the stranger struggle to get up,almost wanting to reach out to him when he gave up. She knew Arturo would not like it. It were whispers in the wind, but she heard them and stayed close to her father. Move and Arturo will get mad. She smiled again when the stranger thanked her, not truly knowing why he was doing so. One ear flicked to Arturo when he called his name, his words confusing her. Did he mean the male was not safe here? Why not? Chusi could care for him - she wanted to help. It's not a promise I plan on not keepin'. She said boldly. The stranger needed help and had come to THEM for it - why deny him the mercy he deserved?

Before she could approach the stranger, a familiar female entered the scene, overjoyed and worried for the first strange male. Chusi raised an eyebrow. She witnessed the love that seemed to bath them in a heavenly light and felt a little fuzzy inside. Never before had she seen two wolves act like this toward each other, and it was quite extraordinary. So this was love... Not a crush, not family love, but love at its truest.

Dad... She let out softly. Please don't say you're gonna break 'em up... She added softly, not wanting this moment to end for the wounded male and what she felt like was her family. They looked so happy, despite the circumstances. Olive, you found 't, and I ain't gonna let it be ruined by those Blackfeather fuckers. She whispered softly, leaning forward to tell it only to her female friend. It had been so soft that Chusi even doubted that Olive had heard it.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive lay close to Dakarai as he wove his tale, the story as new to Olive as it was to Arturo and Chusi. The first part she knew well - the part where the prince detailed their night of spiritual connection [of oneness]. Olive often ruminated on the scene and wondered if it had been as ethereal as she remembered - or had she been drunk upon the sweet, dark liquors of his voice in her ear? Either way, she knew the scene well.

The latter part of Dakarai’s story left  Olive certain that their meeting had not simply been romantic theatrics. After all, the dark creature faced his pack, their sharp teeth and hateful spirits, to travel a great distance… to find her. It was overpowering.There was a small pit forming in the humbled fae’s gut - she felt wholly unworthy of the dedication that Dakarai offered her. She did not want to cause him more pain.

Though, it was still an unequivocal truth that the more you reveal yourself to another, the more power you give them the hurt you. “King…” the maiden cooed against her lover, hoping the vibrations of her voice would [in any way] soothe him. 

To Olive’s elation, Arturo did not react negatively to their story. Nor did he react positively; Olive had a difficult time reading Ceannasach’s face. Arturo did ask Dakarai a question, and the question mirrored many of Olive’s own. What kind of wolves were these… Blackfeather Woods folk if they were to punish a man for following his soul, incarnate. They brutalized him… for her sake. Hurt him, bled him. They were her enemy and for the first time, the fae felt hot, red anger bubble up within her.

Thankfully Chusi interrupted Olive’s spiral, whispering a promise so honest and kind that Olive couldn’t help but smile in spite of herself. If a union were blessed by the mouth of babe, it had to be true. Olive’s tail began to sway behind her, wagging against Dakarai. The brute was telling his story of blood and possible vengeance - and she was grinning. It felt silly, but… why shouldn’t she? Olive was in the throes of her own heart and found it unworthy the energy to hide it.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The question did not fall on deaf ears, but Dakarai took a moment to draw in Olives beauty, basking in it as if it were the sun. The young girl who had similar coloring to him pleaded with her father for their case. Olive's tail began to smack against him and she grinned widely causing him to wonder if he missed something. He let a warm chuckle leave his maw before he turned his gaze to Arturo "I was with them long enough to know that they are prideful beings, quick to anger. But I also know their leader won't risk war for someone who meant so little to them. I never even gained a proper spot within their ranks. I took measures to make sure I wasn't followed. Every so often I would cross a body of water and bathe in it to mask my scent. I avoided meeting other wolves so that I could not be tracked by sight."

I came straight here I did not stop to hunt and I did not leave any marks of any kind that I noticed. Black feather Woods wolves are bloodthirsty indeed but they are also smart. I do not believe that they would risk their lives to come after me a wolf who never earned his place in their pack anyway. Added to that I have a reason why They would not come after me, They have young and more litters on the way and even though they value strength and violence, they would not show the pups war that early in life."
 he said confidently even though he really was unsure if Damien would send his troops after him. Even if he did, Dakarai had hidden his tracks to the best of his ability.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“Chusi,” Arturo warned her not bothering to elaborate because he knew she was a very smart girl and that she would know what he was silently warning her of without him needing to explain it. They had talked about this and if she could not learn to listen to him then he would demote her accordingly. Arturo did not want to have to be that father but he could not have a rebellious heir running around making promises to strangers that she had no authority to make. She was learning but he wondered if she would ever truly learn if she insisted on stepping over him. That was not what she had promised him when she had accepted the offer to become his apprentice and his disapproval was in the terse set of his lips. His daughter pleaded with him to not break them out, pleaded their case but in the end Arturo would do what he felt was right for the family whether it was popular opinion or not. If he had brought death and war to Teaghlaigh's doorstep then no: he would not be welcome. Chusi was young, and obviously had a bleeding heart. Strange for one that so fiercely sought to be a warrior. She would learn. She had a trying life up until he adopted her, admittedly, but she would learn the true cruelties of the real world someday. It looked to Arturo like they would be having another conversation about it — and that perhaps his daughter might not like it. Nevertheless, the dark male spoke in response and Arturo refocused his attention to the present as opposed to the future. As Dakari told it he hadn't actually been apart of their ranks — Arturo compared this to the Comhlach rank — and was reassured that the leader wouldn't risk his wolves for an ...associate. Arturo wouldn't and he took that at face value. “Good,” That was satisfactory but admittedly not all that Arturo was interested in. “What skills do you have to offer Teaghlaigh?” He inquired next, hoping that Chusi was paying attention to how he approached this (even if she did not agree with his stoic and distanced methods).
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears lowered further when Arturo seemed mad. Yes, she knew he did not like her speaking up, or at least not in this way, but she meant what she had said. She would not even let Arturo hurt this innocent man. Only if he was rude would Chusi allow him to be hurt. Not to mention that any fight the stranger would find himself in any time soon would be an unfair one. For the rest she kept quiet, listening to Dakarai explain who these Blackfeather wolves were and a bit of how they operated. Chusi, even though she had never met these wolves, already did not like them. Silently she made a promise to herself that if she ever encountered one of the wolves who did this to a man that just wanted to go to his lover she would show no mercy.

She learned more and more of how not to leave tracks - to fight whatever would follow her in the future with smart moves instead of just fighting, and a tiny grin crept unto her pretty face. Yes, this information she would use, perhaps for a time that she even needed to sneak away from home to see the young boy she had met at Ankyra Sound again. She took note of Olive's appreciative look and flashed her a smile, her attention soon caught by her father again. She took mental notes of how he was handeling this all, hoping that one day she could do this all on her own. You nev'r said ur name... She said softly when her father was done speaking, showing that she had payed attention throughout this whole conversation. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
As Dakarai offered his descant, Olive found her mind jutting back to a phrase uttered so eloquently by the adolescent to her side: those blackfeather fuckers. Olive had been restruck by the feeling that she was incredibly undeserving of her dark knight. Dakarai had done so much for her; and how much had she done for him? The specter had been witness to his entire family’s extermination and somehow found the capacity in his heart to love…her. He had come back to her and fought for her, forsook an entire stygian pack and traveled great distances [while injured!] just to be with her…and all little Olive could do was nurse his wounds and offer her eternal love. The two just did not seem commensurate in her eyes. 

Guilt began to simmer in her gut, but guilt trips were for later; now was for reveling in the return of her kindred spirit. Ceannasach was still weighing Dakarai in the eyes of Teaglaigh, but Olive did not worry about the tipping of the scale. Though Arturo did meet Dakarai in a most consequential state, Olive trusted Ceannasach implicitly to make the righteous decision; just as Arturo trusted her [and the rest of the pack] to keep the family safe. 

Admittedly, the greyscale fae was too preoccupied with the rapid beating of her heart and soul to harken to the formalities that flew around her [or lack thereof, in the case of Dak's name]. Having choked down her anger and guilt from moments before, Olive was once again bemused in a reverie of the eastward Sunspire and the devotional scene that took place upon it. Olive wanted to shout Dakarai’s name and confess unto Arturo and Chusi endless adulations for his character and his innate goodness.

However, instead of being cloyingly sweet, Olive opted to exude softness and encouragement: Dakarai’s perfect embodiment of peace. 

“Take it nice and slow,” the maiden murmured into him, running her tongue across his matted, murky pelt. Olive, too, was curious about the skills Dakarai possessed; but no matter how valuable the information, her king needed to find repose and heal. Their courtship had flared with such force that these types of details seemed negligible - and, in the face of Dakarai’s wounds, still did. Olive turned to Chusi and Arturo in turn, concern gently written upon her features. 

Ceannasach, shall we summon Isley? I worry about these wounds… They may fester if not properly tended to soon.”

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Arturo spoke a warning to the young woman who seemed to be protective of him for reasons he didn't understand. He watched the exchange anxiously and once he was asked his name he was worried about the trouble he seemed to be causing. "my name is Dakarai." he said simply and then thought further about the question of his skills.

"I have an adequate amount of skill in combat and I can hunt pretty good too. I can offer you loyalty and my life to protect your family. I am dedicated when I have a job to carry out. I can offer you my strength and promise to make this pack as safe as one wolf possibly can." he said his voice strengthening as he looked at Arturo with honest eyes.

Dakarai then turned his attentions to Olive and nuzzled her fondly, his soft cheek brushing against her own cheek and neck.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
You can read up on the joining process to get a rank within the family here :D Accordingly, if you have any questions about the joining process feel free to contact me at any time, I'm always happy to help! <3

Arturo studied the wounded, ink colored male with undecipherable eyes, listening as he spoke of his skills. Olive's brazen question, as if he'd already made his decision, drew the ferocity of his gaze to her. Olive was right: his wounds would likely fester if unchecked and that presented a problem, didn't it? How long would Dakarai be out of commission? Winter was coming and Arturo didn't like the idea of Isley using her stores on someone who wasn't apart of The Family. For the moment, Ceannasach ignored Olive because he wasn't done and he didn't appreciate the assumption that Dakarai was accepted and that it was concluded. Her star crossed lover or not Arturo did not know him and like every one that came to Teaghlaigh's borders he would be an Associate until he proved himself worthy and earned the trust and respect of The Family. For a moment, Arturo let his worries fester about the two, before his gaze slid back to Dakarai as the male nuzzled Olive's neck. The gangster cleared his throat. There was time for affectionate gestures and cuddles but a business meeting? Wasn't one of those times.

He understood that Olive had never seen him work the borders, nor handle those who sought to join before but this was how he conducted business with non-Family. It was serious, pragmatic, professional and at times it was harsh. The Arturo that Associates and wolves outside of The Family (and alliances) knew was not nearly as warm as the Arturo that everyone else knew. The difference was easy for Arturo to make: there was the outsiders and then there was The Family: plain and simple. “You have a right to know what you ask to join. We are a Family. We are extremely territorial and we take care of our own, understand?” Arturo asked, the smoky timbre of his deep, accented voice weaving through the distance between him and the lovers. “There are two main laws that everyone, Family and Associates alike are expected to obey and enforce: The Ceannasach's Word is Law,” Arturo's tongue drew across his jowls. “and The Family before Everything Else. Failure to follow them will see due punishment decided by The Family.” What the deciding factor would be he couldn't say. It differed from case to case and he had a strong group whose opinions differed from one another in a way that was well balanced.

“If you can accept those rules then you are welcomed as a Comhlach — an Associate of The Family. This is the rank you will hold until you prove yourself to The Family and are officially welcomed into our ranks. Get your wounds tended to by Isley, become acquainted with the The Family, and once your wounds are healed enough your final task is to track a herd — any herd will do — for a pack hunt.” Arturo told him. With his peace spoken he drew nearer to the pair to — whilst being mindful of the male's wounds — rub his scent against Dakarai so that all would know he was their newest Comhlach. “Come on, let's get you inside the borders so Isley can take a look at you.” Arturo encouraged unwilling to let anyone linger outside the safety of Teaghlaigh's borders. Though Dakarai vowed that the Blackfeather wolves would not come hunting for him it was not a risk Arturo was willing to take regardless.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Dakarai, he said his name was, and again Chusi found it very unique. More and more was she getting jealous of the beautiful names others seemed to get from their parents, not knowing her name meant Snake Flower. It was something her mother had picked out because of the Gorgon name, but now that she had gotten rid of the awful last name, di Chusi still fit her? She definitely wasn't sneaky like a snake or toxic, though she had blossomed into a beautiful flower - if she did say so herself. Her eyebrows raised when the wounded male, now known as Dakarai, informed them of his skills. So he could fight? Chusi had to test him later.

Her ears flicked towards her father again as he explained what Teaghlaigh stood for, and Chusi mouthed with him the laws of their gang. It was not in mockery she did so, rather of feeling more connected to this place since she knew the laws so well. Sure, there were only two, but she knew them by heart and applied them to (almost) everything she did. Arturo, instead of accepting the stranger blindly, gave him the rank of Comhlach and was given a task for after his treatment. Chusi understood immediately why her father had done so, and did not vouch for the male again to be accepted into their group as a whole. He needed to prove himself, just like she had done so and everyone else here.

Can ya walk? She asked a bit concerned. eyes scanning him now with caution.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
So it had been decided: Dakarai was to be a part of Teaghlaigh. Not the family per se, but he had been labeled a member of Teaghlaigh and was well on his way to full indoctrination. It had happened rather quickly, even though moments before Olive had belabored the lengthy process… but, it was done! The sylph bit her lip in saccharine excitement, gaze darting from Ceannasach to Dakarai, gauging his reaction. 

Olive had learned much this day. She learned that Dakarai was skilled at hunting . Momentarily, a question crossed her placid mind: could she hunt less, now that she had an adept hunter at her side? She hated it, but somehow the deadly act seemed less haunting if it was committed through another. The creature needed that buffer zone and distance from spilled blood. Against her instincts, Olive often went long swaths of time without eating. When she did eventually kill her prey, the fae would preform her shamanic rituals over the corpse, but the meal never truly satisfied and she was always left hungering. Having to hunt less would be yet another positive outcome of her and Dakarai’s life together. 

Dakarai also claimed to be unendingly loyal - but this she already knew to be true. It was demonstrated through his gallant return to her. Olive felt as though she were a wolf of antiquity that lived in a fairy tale or in a song sung by troubadours. Perhaps the bards would eventually sing songs of their love - but that was yet to be seen. 

Olive also learned of the kindness of family. At first, she was reluctant have company during her reunion and craved aloneness with Dakarai. But now she understood that she had been lucky not to face her wounded lover alone - for it was family who held her in place as her spiral unwound. Chusi’s benevolent tendencies impressed her; Olive saw a teeny tiny piece of herself in the spunky adolescent in that moment. Arturo [ever stalwart] was an effective boss, but he was also kind. It was a risk to accept Dakarai, a wolf who potentially had a group of stygian wolves following him. But, Arturo did and her gratitude was unending. 

“Arturo… thank you.” Olive uttered through her grin. “I know this seems quite… sudden. Just… thank you,” the greyscale shewolf uttered, all poetics gone from her voice. She was sure her and Arturo would have a talk later on about this scene - once the strong energies died down and balance returned to her life. 

Olive place a petite, cream colored paw upon her lover’s shoulder, returned his nuzzle and spoke sweetly to him. “You’re home now.” Looking up, she built upon Chusi’s question. “Yes, can you walk? Here, you can lean on me.” Olive lightly pressed her weight into Dakarai to show him what she meant. Despite her petite frame, Olive would carry him to the end of the world [if she had to].

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Sweet relief flooded his mind and he felt the tension leave his body as Arturo spoke to him of Teaghlaigh and it's laws. It seemed this pack was perfect to him,as it followed the laws he held dear himself. Respect your alphas and protect your family,your home. Simple rules yes, but ones that are very important. Arturo went on to welcome him into the family as a..a Comhlach. The word was silently mouthed and Dakarai found his tail twitching at the interesting way it formed on his tongue.

He stiffened naturally as the male drew close, but made no hostile gestures as he trusted the seemingly wise man. He held still as he was marked with Arturo's scent. Chusi questioned his ability to walk and Olive followed suit, and  much to his amusement offered her stability. With trembling muscles and flanks he heaved himself up to his paws, wobbling slightly. He allowed his body to press against Olive's but not too much. "Family is something that I hold in high importance sir, I promise you that. Thank you for your hospitality, I won't let you or this family down" he said warmly and stepped over the borders eagerly.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
I'll go ahead and archive this. ^-^

Arturo dipped his head to Olive as she thanked him with a grin. His lips twitched ever so slightly but the distanced gangster's eyes did soften as he looked to her. Dakarai's connection to Olive certainly had a little pull especially since he'd been debating, initially, whether to chase him out or put him out of his misery all together. In the end, only Dakarai could decide what happened. If he cared for Olive he would do what it took to complete the task that Arturo set for him and he would integrate himself into The Family. And if he didn't well...he didn't. Dakarai made grand promises and Arturo hoped, for Olive's sake, that he could keep them. He nodded but did not comment further. Comhlach was not a true acceptance into The Family and Dakarai had his work cut out for him. What he did with it was up to him and Arturo would not interfere further lest he was needed, but he deigned to keep a watchful eye on him as he did the other two Comhlach's. “Make sure he meets Furiosa.” He advised Olive. “When you meet our Póilín be respectful, do as she says. Answer her questions honestly and you should be fine.” Arturo offered to Dakarai as he made sure that Olive was able to help him into the borders. He did not offer a tour as it was obvious that the ink coated male was in no condition for it, figuring that when he was well enough Olive would probably tend to that. Once he was assured they were settled and well he beckoned for Chusi to follow him on the rest of his patrol though he did not pressure his young daughter either way.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth