Ravensblood Forest easy | lucky | free
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Takes place right afte Dakarai's acceptance into TG :) I got all excited so I went ahead and posted this one too :D @Dakarai and @Isley (but @Arturo and @Chusi are welcome to follow along!)

For reference, use this photo for the den. 

The trip to Olive’s den from the borders of Ravensblood Forest was short, but arduous. Olive opted to lead Dakarai to her den [rather than Isley’s den] for one major reason: she wished for Dakarai not to move at all or even an inch. Once his body alighted with the stone of her den, the spirit would not allow him to rise until she fed his every desire and was completely healed. 

The underlying reason was that Olive longed to show Dakarai her own home; Olive was proud of the home she had created and found great comfort in it. It were comprised of leaning monoliths, surrounding her with strong, dense rock. Lining against one wall of the masonic outcrop lay her curios: beautifully smooth rocks, fresh and dried flowers, a bone of a gyrfalcon, among others. The nymph had yet to find anything as beautiful or powerful as the moonstone, but Olive had collected many other interesting things in and surrounding Ravensblood Forest. Greenery plucked from the surrounding shrubbery coated the stony floor and kept the hard surfaces from bruising and poking Olive’s sensitive body. The place was kept conspicuously clean, as Olive believed a clear home correlated strong with a clear mind. The sequoias found it difficult to take root near and around the grotto, leaving an opening for Olive to view her eternal heavens. 

The above-ground enclave gave Olive a great view of the omnipresent life the surrounded her; she felt oneness with her environment living this way. When it rained, Olive watched each individual raindrop from under the monolith.  Olive had a window to watch autumn slowly transition into winter, leaf by falling leaf. One morning she had awoken to a family of raccoons traipsing and playing in front of her, blissfully unaware of the wolf’s presence. Olive could not bear the thought of living a life underground, shielded from nature’s true beauty. 

“Lay here, my love.” Olive used her muzzle to gesture down to the fresh layer of leafs that served as a bed cushion. She had replaced the leaves just this morning, unaware that she was preparing for an eternal visitor. “At this moment, the heavens are shining their light down on us. Rest your weary bones, for you are home now.”  Olive nosed one of her stones towards him - it wasn’t the moonstone that her and Palisander found, but the seraph suspected this one too held healing powers.

Olive loosed a silky call into the air for the packs healer Isley, hoping she was available to treat her kindred spirit and heal his hurts.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi had a thing for sticking her muzzle into things that were not hers to bother with or to speak about. It had started with little things, when she was much younger, wanting to know all about the world and its wonders, despite her mother telling her to stay inside. Flowers, butterflies, the color green - all things she had found on her travels, had learned about, they were not truly hers to know. If it were her mother still raising her, she'd have known nothing. She had shaped her own fate, her own story, yet had done it at the cost of her blood family. With knowledge, she was selfish, but her actions did not reflect that. She knew she had to toughen up if she ever wanted to become the One Arturo would want to lead The Family - get rid of her bleeding heart, but she couldn't help it. Every time someone needed help, she would offer it, for she did not know better. 

When the call of Olive hit the waves of the air, Chusi was immediately alert. Had something happened? Dakarai? Her nose twitched as she gave up on her hunt for a plump bunny that she had been chasing for at least half an hour and her fluffy tail played with the wind before she ran off. She had to know - just had to know everything that went on around here. If she did not, she would feel left out, for she resembled them now. She was almost one of the adults, both in looks and mind, and she found it a true insult not to be included.

She reached the den of her lovely lady friend, out of breath but still fit. What's tha' mattah? She asked as she walked in and saw the wounded male. Need anythin'? She followed, swaggering in with a full-grown frame.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai limped after Olive,despite his injuries he kept pace with her. They trekked through the territory of Ravensblood forest And soon were in front of an impressive den made of large rocks leaning upon one another. His eyes scanned the structure with an impressed look and fell upon her collection of lovely items. He limped in and nosed the items murmuring to himself "this is spectacular darling. These items..they each give off an interesting sort of feeling. Like they are singing their history to the air." he said fondly and then slowly made his way to the bed of soft foilage that she gestured to, touching his nose to her fur before lowering himself rather ungracefully to the ground, sighing with relief.

His goddess had uttered the word home, and he felt something in his soul click and warmth flooded his body. "You have welcomed me so openly...what have I done to deserve you? You beautiful,wonderful goddess"  he looked at her in awe and nosed the rock she placed near him with interest.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I figured we could continue until Isley is able to show up :)

Her sooty paramour appreciated her knick-knacks, and Olive felt happy. Dakarai complimented the masonic structure which housed her, and Olive felt overwhelmingly appeased. With the both of them there, reality set in and grey femme could see her whole life play out in front of her; the images as clear and thin as the morning air. She saw them two eat here, grow here, whelp here, learn here, live here - together, side by side. That very thought made Olive shiver with emotion and it left her breathless.

“How dare those thoughts cross your mind!” She exasperated in jest - but a hushed giggle quickly broke her act. She softly licked his cheek. “You have done everything. All things are different now.” It wasn’t untrue - already, the dark male had shown her a blazing new world… full of new emotions and new plains of existence. “I never doubted that you would return - but, even still… I felt only half a soul those days that I was without you. To look at you, to feel you, to breathe you - incredible." Olive was a bit of an idealist, and she earnestly believed nothing bad could ever befall her now. "Together, we will never know sadness.” 

Chusi soon appeared on the scene and Olive chuffed towards in her direction. The girl had filled out in the time since they met and developed quite a personality [not that it hadn’t always been present]. It was all too visible when the glowing adolescent offered to defend Dakarai from those blackfeather fuckers and the playful, manner way she bounded towards the stony grotto. Olive was incredibly fond of the girl and was happy to see her again.

“Hi, Chusi. I was calling for Isley to tend to Dakarai’s wounds - it looks are though he had traveled for a while with them.” Olive beamed towards her lover, her pride as plain as day. “Alas, I have never been any good at healing physical, corporal wounds. From what I hear, Isley is very talented  - how severe is your pain?” Upon the end of her speaking, Olive swung her greyscale head towards Dakarai. Her moony eyes imploring him to disclose honestly. This was no time for gallantries, nor should he try to hide his true pain [as he needed to be treated properly]. Swinging her gaze  towards the other female, she asked “Chusi, do you know anything about healing?”

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Little did she know that she was loved so dearly by many, because she felt like she talked too much to be even liked. Ingram had not found it very pleasing - her constant questions. He had been rude, yet that had attracted the young ward. He was dangerous, unpredictable and a liar, and Chusi feared she had fallen for him just like she had for Cameron. But this time, Arturo would not find out. He would not know of their meeting and her plans of seeking him again whenever she was allowed to scout out alone. She would find him, eventually, for their fates were intertwined now. Neither he or she could flee from it, the ward believed.

At least he came 'ere in one piece. Chusi chuckled as she made her way to the happy couple. She feared Ingram would never be as kind as Dakarai, but she did not think she would feel very comfortable with someone that mushy. Danger called to her far more than any kind of kindness would ever do. A question was asked, and Chusi answered honestly. They used to do a lo' of it at Donnelaith, but it nevah intrigued meh. Only thang I remember was somethin' with cobwebs.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai grinned at Olive's jokingly exasperated tone and lowered his head almost sheepishly as she smothered him with kind words and praise, and thanking him for coming back to her. The thing that stunned him was she said that she had never doubted him, never doubted that he would come to her and he felt as if he could fly away.

Chusi arrived and he greeted her with a few sways of the tail and a friendly smile. "hello Chusi, it's good to see you again" he said and the words were true. She had stood up for him When he was on the borders, even almost angering Arturo by doing so. He didn't think that Arturo would've been as accepting as he was if Chusi hadn't been there. A small conversation went by about treating his wounds and when neither seemed to know how to do so he just shrugged it off "ah it's all good. I'm not just going to collapse again. I'm sure I can hang in there until the medic comes. I am a bit stiff and sore, but nothing excruciating."  he said to reassure Olive. The words were true, he felt better than when he was up and running from Blackfeather.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive listened halfheartedly as Chusi divulged her disinterest in healing and Dakarai did his best to demonstrate his physical resolve. She was not yet convinced of his salubrity, but Olive was well aware of her own bleeding heart [especially when it concerned her loved ones] and knew not to fight this battle much longer. Dakarai had made a promise to her and he fulfilled that promise; belaboring the corollaries of those actions could do no more good. The sylph had no desire to parade her misgivings in front of the family; at least not yet.

“Still…” Olive’s soft voice drifted as her green orbs fell upon his crusted lacerations. The bantam woman had never been battered nor had she experienced a large amount of pain. She was extraordinarily lucky [this she knew], as many wolves more placid than she suffered gravely at the hands of others. It was exactly this that drove her to leave her family and crusade for peace, preaching the gospel of the stars to any free mind [both willing and unwilling]. The power of deeper understanding, to assuage fears and expand awareness, was unremitting. However - it was something amusing to evangelize truths that she, herself, was still discovering.

Olive tore herself away from her musings and refocused her attention on Chusi. “Donnelaith?” she questioned with a cant of her head. “This is a revelation to me; I did not know from where you hailed! I’ve always found it endlessly fascinated to think about how every soul we come across is composing a story just as vivid as our own. I should have guessed - a remarkable wolf from a remarkable pack.” With a lick on his nose, Olive briefly addressed her beau. “Worry not Dakarai, I know our neighbors to be peaceful and plentiful. Nothing like the dredges that you escaped from.”

Olive momentarily wondered if she should seek the herbs that Isley mentioned during the most recently family meeting, but could not seem to remove herself from Dakarai's side.

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi knew that these wolves barely know where she had come from and how she had been wrapped up in the forming of Teaghlaigh. She knew that they deserved to know, but did not felt like it was the right time to give her full backstory - not while Dakarai was most likely in pain and Olive was worried sick. I didn't come fr'm Donnelaith. She said with a little shrug. I only stayed there f'r a lil' while - nor am I fr'm Blackrock, 'n I'm not related to anyone 'ere. She explained for them to make up their own stories about the little fighter's past. Let's just say I come fr'm far. She chuckled softly.

Are y'all hungry? I could go out to catch somethang for ya? She asked, not wanting to ruin their reunion. They sure had a lot to catch up about, and Chusi felt a little out of place here.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai listened with interest as Chusi talked more about where she was from....without really saying anything about where she was from except for "afar". Deciding it was none of his business anyway he just gave her a smile "I'm not from anywhere around here.I travelled a long long time to get where i am today" he said, brushing away the memories of his old home that threatened to pop forward at the mention of anything about that place.

The small female then offered to hunt for them, and he was about to say she didn't have to when he noticed two things. One, was that the poor girl looked awkward as hell, and two was that his stomach was rumbling like an angry bear. "If it is not too much trouble Chusi" he said gratefully, casting her a warm look.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Maybe @Palisander wants to try his hand at healing too?

It seemed that her comrades had a past similar to her own – fluid and unable to claim heritage to any single land, territory or pack. From far away they flew, unattached to the ground beneath them. It was a respectable lifestyle [if it was voluntarily chosen by the vassal in question]. Living without the amenity of a consistent pack developed a streetwise and independent wolf, experience and capable of living a vivid and free lifestyle. The femme was acutely away of Dakarai’s troubled past [could ‘troubled’ even beginto describe it?] but Chusi strayed away from divulging the minutiae of her story. Nonetheless, it was an intriguing trio of wanderers wandering, who all somehow found themselves dedicated to the same family. Olive nodded, silently affirming them that she shared a similar, vague allegory.

Then Chusi proffered a meal and Olive’s deliriously euphoric heart wrapped the girl in an imaginary hug. Olive was not hungry [nor did she eat very much or very often anyways], but the nymph would always accept food that she, herself, did not have to kill. It was one of the greatest kindnesses a wolf could do unto her, regardless of whether Chusi was cognizant of it or not. Plus, she wanted dearly for Dakarai to consume his fill and fuel a speedy convalescence. Prayers and meditation and crystals and astrology could only provide internal healing – food was the sustenance that stitched wounds together and mended them speedily.

“My friend, you have been exceedingly charitable with your time, as well as your attention... And again, you demonstrate your kindness! I would be remiss to decline such an offer.”

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She was glad to hear she was not the only one that had traveled long and far to get to the coast where she now had a home, though still did not feel comfortable to tell where she had come from. What was the child of a monster? What if they did not want her around anymore if they knew what her mother was - what she did? She had already gotten rid of the Gorgon name, but the memories remained, even though they were fading. She smiled at Dakarai. Olive and him were both really lucky.

She felt a relieved sigh escape her mouth as it seemed they could go for a snack, and Chusi nodded excitedly. Finally an opportunity to show what a great hunter she had become with the help of her father and somewhat Hadraniel. She almost glowed as Olive complimented her on her kindness and smiled sheepishly. Then I'll be off - see y'all latah. She chipped her goodbye and then left their cozy little home that would keep them somewhat safe from the snow that was surely coming someday.

Chusi out! I might post in here again after a few posts to let Chusi bring them something, but if that doesn't happen, it is safe to assume she brought something anyway.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai watched the small female leave with warm eyes and huffed a sigh "She's so sweet." she commented but more in the way of an older wolf to a pup. He by no means meant her any offense, but he would never think of Chusi as anything but a friend or maybe a sister type of relationship at the most. He had his Olive now, and he was content and grateful. Turning his gaze to his Lover, he stood up on trembling legs and moved over to her side and lay his head on the back of her neck breathing in her scent "I missed you. I missed you so much it was almost unbearable." he whispered. His legs ached and he huffed an aggravated sigh and lay down suddenly "I need to rest darling, lay with me again?" he asked looking at her with hopeful eyes.

last post for me too i think! you can wrap it up with your post @Olive. you can powerplay his sleeping too!
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
The girl exited the scene and Olive turned to Dakarai. “Yes, Chusi is as good as they come. She’s Arturo’s daughter.” She did not mention that Chusi was Teaghlaigh’s heir, no, not yet. Arturo had been clear about what information was not shared with strangers; and though Dakarai was not a stranger [in fact, he was the furthest from a stranger], this was not crucial information and Olive did not seek to piss off Ceannasach so soon after he gambled on her and took in her star-crossed lover.

As Dakarai labored to rise, Olive gritted her teeth. Her wish was that Dakarai would remain inert, spending every smidgen of energy on healing rather than movement. She would take care of him and keep him groomed and mend his wounds the best she could.  She would pray to the gods of earth and air for his constitution. Dakarai would never have to move again, if she could help it.

Dakarai’s lacerated body struck an accord and thudded back to the stone where she lay. Dakarai controlled his movement, but still the feathered woman’s heart lept into her throat, wishing she could be a buffer between his body and the stone, absorbing any pain or anguish. Her adulation would absorb his every sorrow and prevent any misgivings from befalling him; such was the power of love. Pulling herself closer to Dakarai on milky, reclining limbs, Olive reached her slender neck and shared several empathetic licks. Her rose tongue separated clenched jaws and she felt better.

“I want nothing more.” The petite woman nestled her figure between his strong arms and steadied her breathing. Life was good. Olive had friends now, and a family! But most of all she had her love, the swarthy man who lay beside her. Not yet part of the family, but already a permanent part of her. All of a sudden, the woman had more belief and trust in the universe than she ever thought possible.