Ravensblood Forest My heart is Home with you
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
All Welcome 
Discussion of darker matters. @Olive @Arturo i would really appreaciate you two. @Chusi and @Isley feel free to join.

Dakarai sat alone underneath the trees of the forest, studying how the sap looked like streams of blood running down from the bark. The scene was perfect for his mind was on murderers, and the murdered. He hadn't known Furiosa he had never even met the woman, yet she was a part of the family he had just joined and he felt heartache for the woman he had never met. Murdered on her own territory, in her own home.

He felt like there was nothing he could do to help them, for even though he was officially a member, he only knew Olive,Chusi and he barely knew Arturo. Of course, now he knew that Arturo was the Ceneasach, and Furiosa was the leader under the red herring protocol. His mind was racing all over the place and for the first time he felt doubtful, and scared of what was to come. All he wanted was to make sure Olive was safe, and the family too of course.
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Weeks of searching, of trailing dead end leads Furiosa murderer had not been found. There was only so much Arturo could accomplish within his own borders where he’d stumbled across the crime scene, but it had been weeks and there had been no sign of trouble. Their borders were quiet. Arturo did not inherently trust it but he was beginning to come to the conclusion that this was not a declaration of war against Teaghlaigh. Without any other sort of evidence to come to he began to settle upon the fact that it had been a personal vendetta against his red herring. Though he still grieved her death he knew that he would have to lift the red alert upon his borders. There had been no more attacks, no morbid messages left upon their borders and it was time that Teaghlaigh returned to normal. Missing their fierce red herring but time hadn’t stopped for her death and he couldn’t afford to try to hold it any longer. He was not a god and he did not rule the sands of time.

Arturo was met with slight surprise when he stumbled across Dakarai seemingly staring at a sequoia, it’s red sap looking like blood as it bled between the plates of bark. It was less of the ebony male’s presence and more of his apparently intent staring that called upon the gangster’s surprise, admittedly. The newest member of the Family had been welcomed when he had completed the tasks that Arturo had set out for him. He was the first Comhlach to accomplish it in this incarnation of Teaghlaigh and for that Arturo was proud of him. There was much Ceannasach didn’t know about the dark male and the full of Arturo’s trust was not entirely given to Dakarai yet but he would work his way up, as all the others did. “Dakarai.” Arturo greeted him, the deep, accented smoky timbre of his voice low, soft, what are you doing? hidden in the sound of the other man’s name as it fell from the gangster’s lips.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai had been lost in thought and the sudden sound of Arturo startled him, causing a near curl of his lips. It was partially due to the thoughts that had been running around in his mind, so he instantly dipped his head "I am deeply sorry, you startled me I meant no offense"  he apologized quickly before lifting his gaze and casting a glance at the tree once more before speaking again.

" The sap looks like blood. I never noticed until..." His voice drifted off and he flattened his ears " I did not know her so I understand that I have no place to grieve, but she was supposed to be..to be family. That means everything to me, and I am saddened that she had to go the way she did." His voice was hoarse with many different emotions. Grief, fear, anger all of them showed in his voice and posture. 

" I feel like everyone believes that I joined merely for Olive, but that isn't so sir. I wanted a home, people to care for and be cared for in return. And almost upon my very arrival someone is killed." He said shaking his head slowly.  He felt guilty with no logical reason to verify that troubling emotion.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive's concealed pretty well, but feel free to notice her/not notice her/skip over her. I'll probably only post with her as necessary :)

How she loved him, that man who stared at the bleeding trees. His introspection was intriguing, his emotions riveting and his deepest thoughts set her heart in motion. She loved to listen to his stories and many nights were spent lazily, with her lover painting vivid pictures in her mind and filling her with memories not yet lived. When she came upon him, wonder danced through Olive's mind and she mused about this inky brute who rocked her so. She, admittedly, had pulled back somewhat in the weeks following the red herring's fall and she found herself feeding old habits of solitude. So starry-eyed was she with her new life that she neglected the intrinsic need for withdrawal. And it compounded, rushing upon her all at once and sent her scurrying into the shadows. Thankfully Dakarai knew her well enough to give her space, and now she sought him out for his kisses and comfort.

But Ceannasach found him moments before she did so Olive held back, several feet away from the dark men. She partially concealed herself behind a tree, trusting her milky conplexion to obscure her from view. She was innocently curious, interested in the relationship between her lover and her leader. Arturo was a hard man to read while Dakarai was continually surprising her so she watched them, ears honed in on the conversation.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Dakarai had indeed noticed the woman's presence and his lips curved up ever so slightly "Please come here...dont hide from me.." he said, the words being directed toward Olive, without directly announcing that it was her. He had noticed her solidarity and it somewhat pained him. He had felt that it was him somehow that was causing her to hide away. He missed her warmth and the way she could calm his mind and body by just being near him, and also how she could light him on fire with just a simple touch.

He shifted his weight slightly and waited for her to come out, and for Arturo's response as well. He didn't expect sympathy from the male, which was part of the reason he was glad for his presence. He needed logic, and honesty. That was what he had come to realize Arturo was good at. Dakarai liked the fact that his leader never sugar coated the truth, but proceeded with blunt and sometimes brutal truth.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
in lieu of keeping to the posting order please allow me to reply first next time. thank you! :-) so the new posting order is: olive, dakarai & arturo if rachel wants to pop @Olive in as more than just a lingering presence or not. <3

Arturo did not take kindly to the curl of Dakarai’s lips and a low warning growl slipped from betwixt the coy wolf’s parted lips, exposing his teeth, his tail curling over his back in a display of clear and indisputable dominance. He was Ceannasach and if Dakarai wanted to keep his face he would do well to remember himself both in his presence and those higher than him in the Family. Insubordination was not tolerated by Arturo Fearghal. “You are among Family now, Dakarai but you should always remember your place. Accident or not I do not tolerate insubordination.” Because it could so easily fall into the disgraced rank until he did remember who he was curling his lip at. Arturo was not afraid to make those hard decisions but hoped that he would not be forced to. With his piece spoken Arturo let it drop, sure that either Dakarai would remember or he would not; and if he did not then Arturo would be forced to take the necessary courses of action to ensure that he did remember.

Arturo was silent as Dakarai spoke his monologue, capitalizing upon Furiosa’s death. He mourned his red herring but life kept on and so must Teaghlaigh. They could not be stuck frozen in time. They had to keep moving forward, to continue living their lives. If Arturo was the kind of man to believe in bad omens he might have lingered upon the connection Dakarai was trying to make. He did not believe in luck or any sort of destiny. They were in charge of their own fates, they carved their own paths in life…and they made their own enemies. “Are you saying you should be tried as a suspect in her death?” Arturo knew that Dakarai hadn’t done it. The scent that lingered was entirely unfamiliar, disassociated from any pack and very much lone. According to Palisander neither of their allies had any idea who he might have been and thus Arturo was forced the leave the case unsolved. He doubted he would ever know the identity of Furiosa’s murderer and though the need to strike for justice burned within the Ceannasach’s heart he had to be sure that he was going for the right man.

It was a mystery as it was like to remain. “I do not believe in ill omens, or luck or anything of the sort. I never have and I never will. So unless her death was truly your fault cease trying to find a connection where there is none.” Arturo was blunt with his words, but he tended to be at times. He could charm a snake if he wanted too but this was not one of those moments. His brow furrowed for a moment as Dakarai spoke, but not to him, he knew in an instant later. Olive must be lingering nearby, and his gaze scanned the treelike around them looking for a sign of the free spirited woman, curious as to if she would answer the summons of her lover or hang back to observe their conversation.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Thank you for laying it out! It can get so confusing  >____>

The darkened warrior spied her out; Olive had never been one for subterfuge. She crept from the cover of the underbrush and out from behind the timber’s bleeding trunk, taking slow movements towards where there two men gathered. Dakarai’s words elicited guilt, simmering low in her gut — how could she have pulled away and embraced solitude, when he so clearly needed her embrace? He looked so forlorn and introspective at that very moment [and all the moments prior]. For a big brute who had talents in fighting and hunting, he also have a certain depth of emotion that kept her fascinated.

Arturo responded and spoke with authority, but the very sound of it kept her lips sealed and her voice silenced.  The fae did grit her teeth as she listened to Ceannasach talked to Dakarai, not exactly pleased at what she was hearing. Her kindred spirit was obviously grieving the loss, a deep loss — family. And family member, so new to him! Suddenly Olive assumed all the empathy in the world and silently bade her leader to be kind, as he always was to her. Dakarai was new to the family, but he was her heart and soul. What hurt him, hurt her. So when Arturo spoke, it felt almost as though he spoke sternly unto her. Olive’s ears slipped back again, pressed hard against her feathered crown. It didn’t feel good.

It’s was Ceannasach’s own way of lifting the burden off of her lover’s broad shoulders, she did not believe he was trying to be funny nor in a good mood… none of them were, not with the anxiety and sleeplessness that accompanied their compounding grief. Sorrow was hard work. So Olive elected to dip her head at Arturo, then Dakarai, keeping some space between them. It was not time for an overwhelmingly emotional display of affection, thought Olive wished more than nothing to draw her big ol’ softie into her arms and murmur sweet nothings into his ears; to ease his pain. 

“I had a dream,” Olive intimated softly, taking on the responsibility of continuing the conversation and shifting it ever so slightly, so the attentions were on her. Not out of desire for the limelight in such a somber situation, but to save her future mate from any further misgivings. A shining glance towards Dakarai signaled that this was the same dream she told him on the night of their first partnership. But, she had had the dream a second time. And a third time. “It…was Dakarai and I...but, we were in a barren field, and the snow went on endlessly...and we walked, endlessly. The foot steps we left were red and bloody; every single of them. It seemed so real, and felt so dreadful.” The feeling had stayed with her for days, she remembered. “I’ve dreamt it nearly three times.”

“Am I, too, drawing a connection where there is none? Perhaps I should have known something bad was to happen...” The question was genuine, and she somewhat wished for them both to dismiss it entirely.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The stern word about minding his place caused him to flatten his ears and nod, "i am sorry Ceannasach, It will not happen again" he murmured. The male was silent as he continued speaking but the question he asked once Dakarai finished shocked him. It did sound like he was admitting guilt didn't it? But for a deed he so clearly did not commit. "No, no I am not"  he said softly.

Arturo went on to say that his beliefs did not consist of luck or omens or anything of that sort. To which he nodded slowly and shrugged "your beliefs are your own, but for one who was brought up with omems, Gods and Goddesses connections are always there. Even if those said connections are not true, they are still felt. Maybe you can understand it as my mind's way of trying to cope with grief, if you cannot understand the more mythical things" he said softly as he accepted Arturo's statement with ease. " You cannot just cease to feel strong emotions, even if you wish to do so." He sighed softly.

Dakarai felt gratitude as Olive strode forth from the bushes and dipped her head to the Ceannasach, though her ears were flattened. He looked at her for a few long moments of shared silence before she began to speak, the words of the dream she had mentioned once before to him. She had dreamt it more than once? That worried him slightly though he kept his gaze  the same. "I don't know darling, but I swear that I would never allow harm to happen to you while I live. I won't allow any harm to befall anyone if I can help it at all"  he said his voice strengthening with resolve.

He looked at Arturo with strong eyes and spoke again " Now that I am part of the family, I want to say that anything you need done I will do readily. Anything to keep the family safe and prevent such things from happening again."  he offered. He meant every word he said, even if it meant tracking the murderer down and tearing him apart himself. Such violent promises were kept silent however for he wished not to subject the pure ears of his love to such ideas.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
A sage nod was given when Dakarai apologized and spoke that it would not happen again and without any reason to distrust his words as true Ceannasach was content to accept it, though a silent warning lingered in the gangster’s fiery red-orange gaze: see that it does not. The conversation returned back to Furiosa’s death and Dakarai confessed, as Arturo knew he would, that it had not been he to slay the red herring. “Then do not speak of it as if you tore open her throat yourself.” Arturo spoke simply, with a soft, lingering command in the deep, accented smoky timbre of his voice. He would hear no more of ill omens and how they caused death. They were able to believe what they wished, of course, but Arturo, clearly, feared no such thing. The very forest that they called home, that they had built their kingdom had circulated tales that would put nightmares in the heads of children. “My mother believed in many Gods, Goddesses and grand prophecies. She believed in her Soothsayers, in her heroes of legend.” Arturo responded softly, his smile a terse thing as it pulled at the edges of his lips. He, too had been raised around such fairytales and fantasies but still, much to his mother’s never ending disappointment he had not conscripted to such ideals. He was the master of his own fate, not some entity that he could not see, hear, smell nor feel.

Olive claimed the gangster’s fiery gaze next as it slipped from her dark paramour to focus intently upon her as she spoke of a reoccurring dream she had. Even if Arturo would have believed in such things as prophecies he would have been no better at deciphering then. It sounded, to Arturo, that something was bothering Olive and hence her subconscious was trying to help her resolve what ever troubled her conscious by replaying the dream. Yet, Olive was spirited and like her dark suitor appeared to believe in those things. Again, he was reminded of how his mother would have adored Olive. “I do not know, Olive. I do not believe in such things,” His mother would have been much better suited to soothe or confirm Olive’s worries. Arturo could do neither. His ears slicked back against his skull before they pushed forth, alert, in time with a soft, near inaudible sigh. “If it is my consul you seek I would simply say you are upset by Furiosa’s death and that your dreams are trying to help you heal from it.” That was from (what he believed to be) his logical standing on the whole matter. Whether she found it helpful or not, Arturo did not know but deigned to offer it all the same.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Tying the assumed ending of this thread in with this post!  

Both men had dismissed her fears [as she had wished], but now she felt a peculiar frustration towards it. Dakarai offered his shield confirmed his fealty to abet her potential for harm [and day after day, his complete and utter devotion was more and more appreciated]. Arturo wrote her dream off as a subconscious fear, but he simply did not believe in the metaphysical — which to her, seemed to limit his potential greatly. Such a stately and powerful brute could only benefit from receiving the cosmic support of the universe, working in tandem with the energies and spirits of the earth. Imagine what Teaghlaigh could achieve . Perhaps, one day, she could interpret these forces and counsel Ceannasach on harnessing those powers to serve the family.  It was an interesting thought — if only she could open him to the possibilities.

“You are a part of our family now; nothing can touch you either,” Olive responded sweetly, yet matter-of-factly to Dakarai. Though a peaceful sort of crusader, she would protect him in the ways she knew how [first and foremost by showering him in her affections and nearly constant companionship] but was grateful that she had the family with which to share the burden of what she could not offer him.

Renewed with purpose, her gaze sought Arturo’s. “Sir, yes, I am upset and I am afraid - but i’m committed to helping this family heal.  Isley and I found a beautiful garnet gemstone  and we would like to place it upon her gravesite, with your permission. It’s a powerful stone, but it can’t possibly match the strength she possessed. We hope that it can bring Furiosa's soul a small respite.” Her finely sculpted head dipped into a small bow; a formality that she felt the gravity of the conversation required. “I, too, am dedicated to this family and prepared to serve in whichever way I can.”  If anything, this entire situation had renewed her dedication to Teaglaigh.

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
How he wished the word's Olive spoke back to him were true, for even if he was not touched in a physical way he surely was touched emotionally. Despite the lingering sadness he gave Olive an appreciative glance as he awaited the response of Arturo, Unsure what to add on to Olive's comment about a stone marking for Furiosa's grave. He hoped wherever she was that she was at peace, and could guide them alongside other ancestors in the cosmos.

"You have my Utmost Loyalty sir, and even though we don't know one another I wish to serve the family in whatever way I can" he said honestly, lifting his eyes up to the Ceannasach's face but keeping his eyes slightly to the side of the leader's own gaze so as not to offend.
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
in lieu of cleaning up threadlogs this is going to be the last post for arturo & me (i sincerely apologize for the wait on this!) <3

To look upon the gaze of the Fearghal monarch was surely to look into the eyes of the devil himself and it is for the very best that Dakarai kept his gaze low enough to avoid the twin suns that burned within Arturo’s skull. Arturo would fix those slips of insubordination and it would either be the hard way or the easy way though the ebony man appeared to be a quick learner and for now Ceannasach was pleased. “I believe you,” Arturo assured Dakarai, simply because there was no other way. He had become apart of the Family, had risen from Comhlach into their official ranks and if he failed to deliver on what was expected of him not just from Arturo but from the Family as a whole then his consequences would be his own. It was why Arturo had initiated the grueling joining process: to see who was dedicated, who could conform to The Family’s ways and who could not. The coywolf was a stern man who ruled with an iron fist but by valuing the input of his Family believed that he did so fairly. Whether anyone else agreed or not was a different matter entirely.

When Olive spoke Arturo’s gaze fell to her, offering her his rapt attention as she mentioned wanting to place a gemstone at Furiosa’s gravesite. “Of course.” Though he wasn’t sure Furiosa enjoyed such pretty trinkets in life — perhaps she had and it had been hidden beneath her armor — but he would not begrudge Isley and Olive their healing processes. “I know.” Though this came after Olive spoke her own dedication to Teaghlaigh he spoke it for Dakarai’s benefit too. He did not doubt: the moment he began to doubt his own Family would be a bleak day indeed. “We are a Family and together we will weather the storms that life throws at us.” On that, the gangster had the utmost confidence. “If either of you need me: you know where to find me.” Typically at his local haunts, he offered with a parting dip of his head before he ventured on with the dark tide of their conversation lingering in the back of his mind.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
last post by me too :)

Talking with Ceannasach was always… calming. Not necessarily soothing, but there was something about the way that he carried himself that was consistent and unchanging. It was nice to be figuratively nestled between him and Dakarai, who both provided for such different [yet necessary] parts of her life. They were a tight family, and as Arturo said, strong. They would get through anything together. 

Arturo excused himself and dissolved into the mists of Ravensblood Forest, obscured from their view. Olive looked up at Dakarai, blinking in her innocence. So rarely did the two feel anything but unadulterated bliss together, and this was new. Facing sadness together; that’s what made a team strong and true. Suddenly Olive did not want to be far from him. She did not want to run away from the sadness and pain. She wanted to face it — face it with him. Olive bumped Dakarai with her shoulders and gestured towards the home that they shared.

“Let’s go home, my love. I have many stories to tell you.”

447 Posts
Ooc — Chey
archiving!

Dakarai relaxed visibly as Arturo accepted his promises trustingly, and he dipped his head in gratitude and respect. Yes the man made him wary, but the toughness and protection he showed made Dakarai want no other leader. He bid them farewell and Dakarai turned to Olive, touching his maw to her cheek and drawing in a shaky breath. "I would love to hear them Olive" he said honestly, needing a reprieve from the sadness and illogical grief that still niggled at his mind.