Ravensblood Forest i don't say much
49 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Joining 
Though her travels in the recent days had been made alone (she had lost her young friend Sasi along the way), it seemed that Djehanne was beginning to feel the true consequences of her wanderlust. For the first time in a long time, she was lonely; an aching feeling that pulled at the tenderest parts of one's heart and tied them into inseperable knots. Her mind fell back to the offer made by the young startlet Bo, thus she made her way back to their meeting grounds, and tried tracking her from there. 
Of course, she had no luck, so she gave up on finding Bo and made her best attempts at finding a border which might be shielding her friend from Djehanne's grasp. Once she reached the first border she was to come across, she released a short coo, calling forth not only Bo, but also Sasi, for it seemed his sent lingered on the line. The call was also for a leader's presence, as she hoped to be able to join their ranks alongside her companions.
As she waited patiently, Djehanne's tail swayed behind her though her overall posture and demeanor spoke of submission and a peaceful request. She hoped that either of her friends might come to her side first, as they knew of her condition and might be able to justify her silence to their decider.
67 Posts
Ooc —
[table width=55%][tr][td]
armand had made his preparations and intended to steal over the borders as quickly he could. and yet, he had lingered, taking in the scents of the border and laying the edges of his own personal and secret plans. there was a single focus here, and one he would share with no creature until he had come close to knowing if it would fruit with his own fulfillment.
there was a call, and armand was drawn to it, for he knew the cadence of the voice. there he found the woman who had roamed the coast with him briefly, and stepped toward her with a gently waving plume. soon arturo and olive would appear, but for now, armand smiled warmly into her face. "the silent dove returns."[/tr][/td][/table]
if i am an angel, paint me with black wings
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
As the only Oidhre the pack had, Chusi felt as important as leadership. Whoever called on their borders would be faced also with her presence. She was not a child that enjoyed doing nothing - she needed adventure and others in her small and humble life. Silently, she had hoped for Ingram to drop by again, but that had not happened unfortunately. She... missed him. Not as she missed Lotte and Szymon, no, this was another kind of missing someone. Ingram was so unpredictable (less for her, since she had taken the time to get to know him more than others had) that she knew that one day he could be gone. Not dead, just gone.

She sprinted to the borders where an unfamiliar male and female stood and she frowned. The male smelled of The Family, but the female did not. What was going on? She approached with a high tail and a raised head, but it was obvious that she did not only do it for show. She was fairly humble, and would not have acted like this if it had not been her place to do so. Mornin'. She greeted, joining the male's side to look upon the female closer. 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
49 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
The first to arrive was Sasi, her friend from the recent past. She was happy to see a familiar face, but dared not approach with surplus affection as she would've liked to. A nod to affirm that she was the angel he once knew, then without a thought, she took a step forward and whimpered for him to do the same so that they might be able to nuzzle each other in a warm embrace. Then, before she could move any further, a proud young woman -- not much younger than Djehanne herself, but farther from her age than any of her other companions -- came forward and gave a friendly greeting. If her stance hadn't been so obviously dominant, Djehanne might've thought she was just another friendly stranger.

She looked to Sasi, as if to confirm that he would vouche for her, should the need arise. Then, Djehanne was focused on the other woman with a warm smile whipped across her maw. Her paws began scratching at the ground as she felt the excitement of meeting someone new bubble up inside of her; it took most of her energy to keep it all contained. A small chuff was how she responded to the greeting, but then she was standing still and relaxed once again.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
I figured this might make sense for Armand, so I just wrote that he scampered off @Armand if you want this changed or want to finish the thread, let me know and i’ll change!

The call drew the sylph to the borders though she did not recognize it.  She had greatly enjoyed taking on more family duties in the wake of such tragedy, taking pleasure in such acts of roaming the borders and marking them frequently. She saw their territory less of a familial possession and more of a guardian, to which they needed to pay homage often. So when the song reached Olive’s silky ears, she eagerly answered it…Fairly certain it wasn’t a murderer.

As she padded towards the group of wolves huddled on the outskirts of the timberwood, Olive saw a flash of a golden-tipped banner, signaling Armand’s departure from the scene; he was a skittish boy and perhaps the sudden influx of personalities had frightened him.  Either way, Olive smiled at both Chusi and Indrani in turn, slowing her gait to a halt. Olive recognized her friend right away and was quickly consumed with the memory of the hallucination, their embrace, her voice and Olive’s illustrious invitation.

Olive greeted the white woman; so fair was she that she almost blended in with their alabaster milieu. “I see your decision has been made.” The sylph wondered where Indrani had gone to, what she had seen; but those were questions that would never be answered. If Olive could read minds, there would be so much to ask the silent shewolf. But she was glad Indrani had made her return and that sought entrance into Teaghlaigh. She would do well here. Olive turned her head to look at Chusi, the beloved girl, to make introductions.

“To me, this is Indrani. She…doesn’t speak much.” There was no getting around that fact, so it was better to address it than beat around the bush. Olive’s peridot gaze darted around the forest, searching for the eventual form of Ceannasach. For a moment she wondered what he would think of another potential member at the borders [at Olive’s behest]. The white familiar stranger, Dakarai and Armand had all been a simple coincidence, after all.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She had not even gotten a greeting from the golden male before he abruptly departed their small gathering and left her with the quiet female. What a strange thing to do, but Chusi did not want to control the male's decisions. If he did not wish to be with them, so be it, but Chusi would report to her father. Unusual behaviour in the time of panic due to a murderer was to be reported straight away actually, but the ward could not simply leave the woman upon their borders alone. Why the head of the family had not yet answered the call was lost on the heir, but she was sure Arturo would show up sooner rather than later.

The white mute seemed friendly enough, but the fact she was not speaking was bothering her. It was as if Darky had jumped into another body - but she knew that to be impossible. Darky was special to the little ward, so seeing someone do the same made her uncomfortable and wishing just for her real friend to show up. Luckily they had no time to become awkward around each other, since the light footfalls of Olive neared. Chusi's smile brightened but wavered when it seemed Olive knew the other snowy female.

Why Indrani? She asked, genuinely curious. She had called Darky "Darky" because she was a deep, dark colour. Indrani was not a colour. This day was strange, and Chusi wished @Arturo would be there quickly.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
short post is short. :0

[table width=85%][tr][td]
The howl had risen for Arturo but it took him a while to reach the small gathering despite his swift pace for he’d been at the opposite ends of the pack lands tending to the borders. Thus, when he did arrive he was met with an ivory stranger at his borders with Olive and Chusi already in attendance. He offered Chusi a proud little smirk glad to see that she was working on her guardian skills without his instruction. Then his fiery gaze slid to Olive whom had been speaking something to Chusi that he’d missed when he’d arrived on the scene and the gangster couldn’t help but wonder if this was another lost soul that Olive had brought to him. “Ladies,” Ceannasach greeted them with a soft clear of his throat to announce his presence, inviting one or all of them if they wished, to fill him in on what he had clearly missed. He suspected the ivory woman was here to join as he did not smell any other packs upon her coat but nevertheless the gangster was willing to listen.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
49 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Just as quickly as he appeared Sasi was back off into the night. Djehanne thought nothing of it, as the brute had always been of the skittish sort. Then appeared Bo; the pale woman who'd hesitated nought in approaching our heroine upon their first meeting. She and the other shared their words, then another wold appeared, this one another male of darker tones.

Djehanne adjusted her stature as she deemed necessary, straightening her back and lowering her tail, wiping the excitement from her maw. A greeting was given and in return, Djehanne shared a restless whine. A soft smile curled against her black lips once again, but she remained relatively silent in his presence.
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive tucked her lips up in a sheepish grin at Chusi’s question. Why Indrani? Well, because it felt right at the time. So much of what the sylph did was because it ‘felt right at the time.’ She fell completely, head over heels in absolute love with Dakarai because it felt right, she ranged so often because it felt right; she avoided bloodshed and sought peace amongst all because it felt right. Trying to explain that to someone else [even when they were as special as Chusi was to Olive] was, well… simply put, difficult.

“It felt right,” the woman confessed and beamed towards the pale ghost, gracing their borders in her hushed manner.  She wondered what the lady had seen, where she had come from. The mystery was intriguing but the possibility of never truly knowing those answers hooked her. 

Arturo entered the scene and greeted them. Indrani shifted her stance to one of submission and Olive did the same, tucking one limb up against her silken ribcage and sweeping into a bow directed at Ceannasach.  Olive raised her shoulder, her neck, her head and finally her gaze, looking to Arturo in unspoken understanding.  As the only one able to share information about the information at hand, Olive felt a sense of important swell in her chest and she stepped forward.

“Indrani,” the sylph repeated with an astute, affirmative nod. “Don’t feel as thought you have to take that as her definitive name, though; she felt like an Indrani to me.” One pale foot placed itself in front of the other and she turned to the familiar stranger at their borders, looking to join the ranks of Teaghlaigh. It made her immensely happy, but she couldn't help but muse on what brought her here. “Do you seek family…or do you seek asylum?” The question was spoken quietly, falling like a veil around the woman to shield her anyone who would do her harm. 
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Olive had always been a little different. Peaceful with a sense of quiet danger, but not necessarily the bad kind. It was the danger that send a chill down your spine and made your blood pumping faster - full of adrenaline and fake energy. Today she proved it again with her reasoning for giving the mute a name, even though Chusi did not agree with the name. She thought "Ivor"  was a good name for the woman, even though it sounded a bit masculine. She did not speak these thought aloud when her father showed up and Chusi beamed when she saw he was proud. These were the moments she lived for, and she treasured them deep in her heart forevermore.

Do ya rem'mber Darky, father? She questioned her dad softly as to not disturb the one-sided conversation between the mute and the spirit. It was obvious she was drawing a connection between the quietness of both females.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**