Redhawk Caldera my toes is froze.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Wrapping up! Feel free to post once more if you wish :D I'll archive in a few days

What is it?

What's going on?

Are we stuck?

Mommy?

Mommy??

Now that it had been determined that everyone was okay, Finley turned to stare back at the once-entrance of the den with their words echoing in her ears. It had been a while since she had felt anxiety like this, and immediately the guilt at feeling it began to set in. Quietly, she reminded herself that this was an extreme situation. Go easy on yourself. Finley Blackthorn had never been one to appreciate being trapped, physically, literally, metaphorically, none of it. But here she was, the gods or whatever it was that controlled her world shitting all over her yet again.

When would it be enough...

She felt a puppy bumping against her legs and heard Sassafras suggesting they wait to try and break free. Finley swallowed dryly and gave a nod, wondering if she would be able to restrain herself that long from completely losing her shit.

"Why don't we try to dig the deer carcass out for now," Fin saidly quietly to the adults in the cave, "Lagan, keep the pups back. Eljay, Sass, help me." She nudged Towhee back towards her youngest son before turning to work on the deer. It was only half covered in snow and debris, thank the shitty gods. And she supposed she owed them another thank you for giving them a bit of food, at least. She remembered how awful it had been trying to wean Eljay and shuddered at the idea of having to force it now on the pups, but it was the only way they would survive. She tried to think of Liffey and Lagan instead. They had taken to solid food well enough. Maybe there was some hope.

Fin felt a shard of ice cut into the pad of her paw and winced. Some hope. Some.

Messages In This Thread
my toes is froze. - by Finley - January 27, 2017, 12:55 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Towhee - January 27, 2017, 04:30 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Sassafras - January 27, 2017, 08:47 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Lagan - January 28, 2017, 07:30 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Titmouse (Ghost) - January 29, 2017, 05:09 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Finley - February 01, 2017, 10:31 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Eljay - February 02, 2017, 06:10 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Lagan - February 02, 2017, 09:06 AM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Towhee - February 03, 2017, 01:28 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Sassafras - February 08, 2017, 09:34 PM
RE: my toes is froze. - by Finley - February 12, 2017, 02:48 PM