Hoshor Plains Side Tracked
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
@Aries

Howl changed his directed and instead of heading further north towards the ocean her did a 180 and began heading south. He passed by the territory before heading out again, to quickly give Grayday an update and to check to make sure Heartha was doing alright. He had meet one other wolf on his recent jouney but he couldn't be sure that they would actually attempt to join the pack. Plus one extra member was such a small number incomparison to the number they would need to support the upcomming arrival of his children.

As he entered the Hoshor Plains and the grass grazed against Howl's legs, he could tell that a herd had been through here. Either recently or often over an extended period of time. Grass was bend to be on its sides in waving paths. In other areas it had been grazed to a significantly shorter length. But as he smelt the air and recent tracks it didn't seem like the herd would be in the area at the time. Howl didn't mind it too much, seeing as how his goal was to find other wolves and not elk or bison. Though any wolves that did come here to hunt may be throughly disappointed.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
Eck, sorry for taking so long!

He came out of the dark woods often, perhaps because he wanted to know more of the world, or perhaps it was for some other reason. There was something inside of him that he could not shake off, and it drove him mad sometimes. Maybe it had been born from that feeling of not belonging, but surely that could not be the case now? He did feel like he belonged at Blackfeather. So what was this feeling? Not regret, for he regretted nothing. Perhaps it was anger, anger at those who mocked him back at Moonspear, because they thought he was just a stupid young boy. Neo was unsure, but it did sent prickles of annoyance up his spine. He was not just a stupid young boy - he was so much more. And one day he'd show them. Perhaps it was arrogant of him to think this way, to think that he could be so much better than them, but after being constantly thought of as simply annoying by wolves such as Hydra and Charon, he didn't care.

But now was not the time for these childish thoughts. The Svartell child needed to further develop his skills. He needed to fight, he needed to perhaps let out his anger, or find someone who could teach him how to become what he so wanted to. A mercenary, like his father. It was not because his father was one that he wanted to become one, but rather that he just felt the need to. He'd always enjoyed fighting, be it simply a friendly tussle with his sister or an attack (no matter how small) like the one incident with Hydra. He wanted to be able to properly defend himself and he wanted to become a skilled fighter - no more childish squabbles. 

Why he chose to traipse the Hoshor plains wasn't of any interest to him. He just wanted to get out, and he wanted to fight. The boy, with tail flicking agitatedly and sharp icy blue eyes scanning the land, did not take long to locate the other wolf who was around. He did not know them, but even if he did he would not have cared. This would be the wolf he fought, he just had to decide whether to attack him and go all out or wait and see if this stranger could teach him. So he sat a distance away, watching and waiting to be noticed. He could call out to them, but it would seem like he wanted to talk, which for the record he didn't. Neo wanted to learn, but he couldn't care less for chatting.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
It had been with the assistance of the wind that Howl had noticed the young wolf's presence. At first the scent just seemed to pass by, but then Howl realized what it was. After all it was what he was looking for. Another wolf and maybe a possible recruit to the pack. He turned in his direction to see a lighly colored gray wolf. They were also rather young, almost the size of a yearling he thought. This had been the second time Howl had come across a younger wolf on his travels and he was beginning to think this might be a pattern.

They were by no means puppies, but none the less with the puppy brain the Howl was on it reminded him of Heartha and his soon to be family. He took a few steps over to this young wolf saying. "Hey there. What you up to?"

Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
It appeared that the wind brought his scent to the stranger - he hadn't tried to avoid that, though. The boy just continued to watch as the brown coloured wolf turned and looked at him. Neo maintained his stony expression, but his ears perked forward to catch the words spoken to him. He was silent for a moment, then shrugged, flicking his grey tail. "I was watching you, but now I'm talking to you." Perhaps sarcasm was not what he wanted, but the Spiderling was happy to provide it anyway.

Neo went quiet again, hesitating before speaking. He had been about to ask what the other male was up to, but then he realised similar words to those he'd used could be used again but by him, so instead he asked "Who're you?"
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away

Once again Howl wasn't receaving straight answers by the strangers he encountered on his journey out side of the territory as he attempted to see who would be a candidate to join their pack. Unlike the last male had had encounter, he responded overly literally rather then vaugly. Similar in the fact that Howl couldn't really learn anything from it, but different in their levels of annoyance. He was then asked who he was to which he replied saying, "My name is Howl and I am from the Morningside pack just north of here. What about you?" he asked wanting to know this wolf's name and what pack he might belong to.

Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
He had forgotten to realise the fact that both of the questions he had considered asking could have been turned on him, but this one gave him more information and he'd prefer that choice. The boy simply nodded, never having heard of Howl or Morningside. He probably wouldn't have cared anyway, to be perfectly honest, but perhaps he could use the knowledge one day and he wouldn't pass up that opportunity. When the question was turned to the Spiderling, he hesitated. His name he wasn't too bothered about sharing, since he would not give his birth name. Aries was something only his family would be allowed to call him (not that he'd seen them for months). Neo was what everyone else called him, something to not only hide his true identity, but he felt stronger with it. Having strangers not know his actual name was almost comforting in a way.

The ashen child also realised that even if Howl knew of Blackfeather, he probably wouldn't go near unless he had the stomach for it. Most were put off by their gory marking... habits. "Neo. I'm from Blackfeather Woods." Then he considered what else to say. He had come to fight, and this male seemed capable enough - perhaps he should ask, much as he disliked going to others for help. "You don't happen to know much about fighting, do you?"
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Neo from Blackfeather Woods. Howl had never heard of the pack or it's reputation and if he had in the past it was escaping him now. It was a straight forward answer rather then something that was vague or overly obvious. Which made Howl more willing to answer the next question that he was asked. "I'd say I'm pretty go at it." Howl said.

He hadn't officially been given a trade title, but he had tons of experience defending those within his birth back during the many wars they found themselves in. It seemed like a strange out of the blue question. "Why do you ask. You looking for a spar or something like that?" he asked.

Howl was looking for new recruits, but seeing as how this wolf was already within a pack, he thought it unlikely that he would want to join another. Taking a break to further his skills wouldn't hurt, even if it was for more teaching purposed then fighting.