Kintla Flatlands with my boombox over my shoulder
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 
The snow was higher here; it rose up and over her paws. It spiralled out of the sky in a dizzying cascade of soft white, falling all around and spotting her fur with white. Dawn huffed through her maw, breath a white cloud. Evening had brought with it a frigid drop in temperature, the kind that froze rivers in their tracks and had most creatures curl up out of the cold. Not her, however.

Her gaze was on the ravens, the darker patches of black in the night. There were many of them, cawing and taking flight only to land again in the same place. Ravens signified a kill, and distressed ravens - well, she didn't quite know. Perhaps a fresh kill, one they couldn't get into; she knew that beaks were not designed for ripping through frozen fur and skin. With this hope in mind, she moved quickly through the dark, eyes on the birds before her.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper who was on the opposite side, saw this and headed to the scent. The scent of fresh blood, flooded her senses. But something seemed to stop her in her tracks, it was another wolf heading towards the same place she was. Whisper wasn't looking for a fight, but she was starving.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She reached the place soon enough, ravens scattering before her and waiting eagerly in the trees, smart enough to stick around. In the dark and the snow, she didn't catch sight of the other, instead grinning at the ravens before descending on the carcass of a runty mountain goat, which had somehow left it's range and strayed a little too far. Tearing the thing open, noting the peck marks that signified where the ravens had tried and failed to do the same, she began to methodically strip the thing of the choicest bits of flesh, cold blood soon staining her muzzle and chest.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper watches the she-wolf as her mouth waters from hunger as she watches her tear apart meat from the animal. She debates with herself on whether she should approach and possibly start a fight or going without dinner once more, she does this for a split second before slowly approaching in a non threatening way.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Her hackles prickle as movement catches her eye, and her tail curls over her back as her gaze alights on a woman. She approached slowly, and Dawn's eyes dart to her tail; realizing quickly that she can't possibly be the trespasser. She doesn't quite relax, though, the knowledge of the threat the flatlands now hold has her on guard. This woman, however, seems to be a loner; a hungry one by the way she looks to the carcass. Inspecting it briefly, Dawn cants her head in the slightest, inviting the woman closer. There is enough for the pack, after all, though the ravens may be disappointed. Her gaze falls on the woman, questioning, waiting to see if she will accept the offer to share, and if she will speak.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper's tense posture slowly relaxes and she walks over slowly and cautiously tawards the carcass of the dead animal. "Thank you." She says softly as she bows her head slightly. She wasn't expecting this to happen and it shocked her as she looks at the she-wolf. "I'm Whisper."
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Her brow quirks, surprised at the woman's shock at being allowed her turn at the carcass. It wasn't her kill, anyways, and she can hardly take the whole thing. And while the winter may see her become more territorial, she's still generous now. "Dawn."  She offers in turn, adding after a moment, "Dawn Morningside." She silent a beat more, gnawing thoughtfully on the severed haunch between her forepaws, another haunch and slabs of flesh by her side. She'll figure out how to get them all home later. "are you braving the winter alone?" She asked, half-curious if the woman could be a possible recruit, or just another wandering loner.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"Yes I am." Whisper says simply as she bires off some of the animal, but before she does, Whisper thanks the animal for giving her strength. Why she did this, Whisper did not know. Perhaps it's something she picked up from her mum or perhaps all wolves did this and it was just instinct. She shrugged off the thought and continued to dine.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The woman isn't very talkative, but then again, she would not expect loners to be. Especially the sort that would attempt to survive winter alone. Gnawing at her haunch in silence, she is silent a beat before speaking again, eyeing the woman as she chews on a tough piece of gristle.  "there's a pack south of here, Blackfeather. they're a nasty bunch - I'd steer clear of them." She can, at least, pass on the knowledge she now knows,  it feels wrong not to pass on the warning. The woman would have a tough enough time surviving alone without the inconvenient of wandering by a bunch of blood-thirsty kidnappers.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper licked her muzzel and nodded at Dawn. "Thank you for the warning." The young wolf had heard the name of that pack but never really knew much about them. The wind that had been slow, began to pick up it's pace, making it get colder. This winter was harsher than the one she had endured the year before.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
The wind kept up, but Dawn hardly felt it through the thick mantle she had inherited from her father. Her fur was built perfectly for winter, she had come to find, while Lavender and the other pups seemed to have a little more trouble with the cold. The loner seemed a little bland compared to the likes of which she'd met before, but the yearling figured she might at least try and keep up the conversation and see, perhaps, if she'd gain anything from it. "been in the Teekons for long?" She asked, wondering if the woman had perhaps seen anything of the southern territories she had yet to explore herself.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The cold wind made Whisper shiver a bit. She was finishing the bite of food that she had in her mouth before she spoke. "I've been here about less than year." Since she has been here she has met no other wolf besides this one she had encountered
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Her answers remained blunt and to the point, which, she supposed, was better than meaningless small talk. "have you been to the south?" Might as well make her questions as straightforward as the woman's answers where. She tore from her haunch a tendon as she waited for an answer, chewing thoughtfully.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Whisper thought for a moment as she tried to figure that out. "I want to say yes but i'm not entirely sure. I'm from Gardiner, Montana." The young she wolf was still figuring out her directions of north and south. It had been difficult because of the winter and the sun was rarely out.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
Her brow furrowed as she considered, both words sounding foreign. "Gardiner, Montana. Is that a pack?" After a moment she added, "I've never heard of it." Perhaps Montana was a place like Teekon, Gardiner the name of a pack. She doubted she'd ever range far enough to get to a place that sounded as foreign as that, but information was valuable all the same.
Ravensblood forest
93 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
"I beleive I travelled north to get here but I'm not entirely sure. It had been in the middle of a snow storm when I made the move." Whisper remembered her first winter without the warmth of her mother by her side and it saddened her to think about that.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
She neither agreed nor disagreed, or answered the question at all, really, something which irked the girl. She made only a contemplative "hm" before lapsing back into silence, finishing off what was left of her haunch. Standing then, she moved towards the pile she'd claimed, prodding the chunks into a pile she hoped would be relatively stable as she dragged it back the short distance home.  "I need to get back. Good luck." She offered with a dip of her muzzle. The odd woman was going to need it to survive the coming months, surely. Grasping the little pile firmly and beginning the trek home, she glanced once more at the woman - Whisper - before moving on, only to vanish rapidly into the falling snow.