Moonspear as dark as the fallen star
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey breathed deep and steady as she strode quietly across the wintery landscape. She had always considered there to be something so comforting and peaceful about snow, and so she wandered through it now in hopes of soaking in whatever calm it might offer her. She continued to be plagued with worry over Gannet and misgivings over all that had happened recently. The Blackthorn knew worry to be nothing but wasted time. Though difficult to deter, she tried. And that's where the snow came in.

The iota had found herself unable to sleep that night, and so she'd abandoned the attempt a few hours before dawn. She'd spent an hour or so attempting to track down game, but the trail had gone stale and she'd begun to wander down paths that were now familiar to her with only stars and snowflakes to keep her company. The sun rose to find her doing the same still, but she paid little attention anymore to her surroundings. She was lost in thought in spite of herself, and too tired now to do anything but surrender to them.

She did not notice the other wolf until he stood only a few feet before her. A last minute glance brought him to her attention and she froze, her tail flashing high in alarm and hackles raising. In a second, Liffey realized that this was a packmate and not a threat, and so she settled and bowed her head apologetically. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you," she said, "I wasn't paying attention. I hope I didn't startle you..." She stole a glance at his face, wincing slightly as she tried to determine whether or not she had.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
Messages In This Thread
as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 10, 2018, 05:39 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 12, 2018, 08:35 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 17, 2018, 03:07 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 20, 2018, 06:09 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - January 22, 2018, 05:42 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - January 27, 2018, 12:14 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - February 04, 2018, 03:36 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - February 10, 2018, 10:53 AM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Dirge - February 13, 2018, 06:37 PM
RE: as dark as the fallen star - by Liffey - February 17, 2018, 10:58 AM