Sunspire Mountains you would come up to me, mumbling awkwardly
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

ah. he'd almost forgotten brienne's uncanny ability to see right through him (as if he isn't already transparent). 

he squirms.

"okay, yeah, it sucks," delight admits, scratching at the ground with one paw absently. he pauses as she agrees to help arrange a meeting with rannoch, brightening a bit himself -- why had he even worried? he loves brienne -- laughing softly and with relief. "heal?" the androgyne deadpans the joke, quirking an eyebrow, though he can't keep the corners of his mouth from upturning into a smile. "no -- i missed you, too. i'm glad we ended up next to you." delight sighs. "as for burke and the king elk... i mean, it was burke's time, but the elk -- i was so afraid of ruining tindómë when ma- when i took it over, and then he just... keels over. no idea what happened or why, and -- that was actually our third death." he takes a deep breath -- he'd not bothered to mention cicero earlier, given that brienne probably doesn't know who he is and it's more confusing than illuminating, but he's going all in now, so to hell with it: "i met this wolf named cicero, he was traveling with his two sons, looking for burke -- who'd already died by then -- so i took them all back to tindómë of course, and then he goes and dies right on the borders." 

as tragic as the scene had been, for delight, it was mostly incredibly inconvenient. the kids are old enough that they aren't a burden to tindómë, but they are weird and most ungracefully dumped on him and he feels bad for them but that's about the extent of his emotional range. "it's been a lot," he admits to brienne with a short laugh, "but, uh, so, how have you been..?"
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
Messages In This Thread
RE: you would come up to me, mumbling awkwardly - by Ariel - March 05, 2018, 01:09 PM