Heron Lake Plateau Sometimes we're only flying for a while
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Elwood spoke his piece in response, but it wasn't the take that Finley had on things. If anything, she believed more in Quixote's ability to lead than Raven's. It was nothing against her niece, but she was soft, passive, and too...... nurturing. That's not the right word, but Fin couldn't come up with it so neither can I right now. The pack in Raven's hands meant indecision and anarchy. Raven was simply not the type of wolf to defend her place against the likes of Titmouse or his band of hooligans. She was not the type to lead the pack to war with Blackfeather to defend their claim. She was the type to hand them flowers, wish them well, and go hide in a cave.

She was exaggerating... But she's upset, alright.

"Raven is not an alpha," Fin answered with a shake of her head, "Can you even imagine her defending the borders against trespassers? Or hell, defending her own rank? She's not a warrior - she's a healer, and I love that about her. I hate to think of her in a position where she has to change her own sweet-hearted nature just to fit the bill." She shook her head and dug her nails into the dirt, glancing back at Tywyll and wondering if he might grow up faster and solve all of these problems for them. No?

"I'm with you on Quixote too, for the record," she added, "I think he's capable, but I have no idea how loyal he actually is to the Caldera or what kind of alpha he'll actually be." Plateau. Caldera. Whatever.

Messages In This Thread
Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Elwood - May 10, 2018, 12:05 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Tye - May 14, 2018, 07:20 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Finley - May 22, 2018, 05:12 PM
RE: Sometimes we're only flying for a while - by Tye - June 03, 2018, 08:04 PM