Dragoncrest Cliffs no man, i'm serious
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
Joining 
AW but tag for @Thuringwethil

He had gone as far as he could from the spot of the attack. It was obvious he had been in better conditions. The male hadn't bothered to groom himself which left a rather grossly matted (with dried blood) patch of fur on his shoulder and neck. There was a fair chance he had an infection too — only because he didn't know how to care for a wound. Outlander knew he was likely running out of time and options if he wanted to keep living.

His bulky form had stumbled upon the borders of someplace. Per usual, he didn't know where he was. This was his only choice though. In all of his rugged and tired glory, he titled his head back and called out to whoever claimed this land.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
The pups were at an age where they could be left alone at the den—and, soon, a proper rendezvous site—although someone was usually somewhere nearby. In any case, Wildfire didn't worry about them just now as she threaded through the territory, simply taking some time to stretch her legs and get some fresh air. She loved her bunch, of course, but sometimes it was good to steal away for a little while.

Her meandering came to a pause when someone howled from the direction of the borders, not too far off from the Feisripa's current position. Wildfire hesitated a beat, then began walking slowly in that direction. She stopped short when she spotted the caller, a burly stranger with obvious wounds. She studied him from afar but made no move to greet him or otherwise approach, not until Heda or someone else arrived.
i'm still here, but all is lost
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away
being vague re: bear thread for now

she's definitely, probably, still not in any condition to be attending to her usual duties. but sitting around and healing is making her stircrazy, so the shilkru drags herself to her feet, nearly jumping with joy (metaphorically) when she hears the tell-tale call of a joiner. bear injuries be damned, blix is gonna blix.

hobbling to the border, she hesitates only briefly when she spots mother before straightening up as much as she can, projecting confidence and authority despite being very obviously in no condition to attend to the borders. blix sucks in a deep breath and says, "what brings you to our borders?" the slight tremble in her voice outweighed by the force of her personality and strength.
and there's nobody there to catch us when we fall
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Just a post to get in her, she's not near them yet. Will do that next post!

When she hears the call, she debates whether or not to address it right away. A little sore and worse for wear, the last place she wants to be are the borders. @Rose has had her hands full with the lot of them after the bear but mending enough in their own time is all they can hope for. Eventually, she picks herself from near the shore and makes her way outward.

It takes a while, but the scent of her wife and daughter on the trail causes a little alarm. Blixen is in no condition to be putting herself out there and Wildfire, well, she’s simply not allowed out of range! She attempts to pick up her speed, but she’s only as fast as her own injuries will allow.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
He grew restless fast. A temper began to build underneath his surface. It was only stopped by the appearance for a young creature, quick to question him. Could she not see his current condition? The temper was back again but he tried to shove it down. It would do him no good to go spitting on the doorsteps of his only hope.

I'm hurt and need help. I'll do whatever in return. Repay my debts and all that. Because he didn't really have an option did he? Outlander had to throw his life to these strangers and if it didn't pan out, well, he was trying not to think about that.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Under normal circumstances, Wildfire might have left Blixen to it; she fully trusted the young woman's judgment in these matters. But not only was she hurt, so was the stranger, and that didn't bode particularly well. The Feisripa moved forward to stand behind the Shilkru, feeling ill at ease. There was a tension emanating from the male that she didn't like.

Her ears folded uncertainly when he pointed out that he needed help, then promised to repay them for their assistance. Wildfire wasn't certain how the commander would feel about this, though fortunately she wouldn't be left wondering long.

Y'all are welcome to skip me. :)
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

her short temper is made shorter by the residual ache in her limbs and the pent up energy of weeks without being able to do anything. blix narrows her eyes at him -- okay, yeah, he is hurt. she bites back the urge to snap at him but. still. 

duh, she doesn't say. "how'd you get hurt?" she asks, putting off calling for rose and/or nomi. besides in her opinion it's a fair question: was he off picking fights with other wolves? 'cause she doesn't want that energy near her little siblings, thank you. she shoots at glance at mother, realising she's stepped closer finally, and admittedly, a little grateful for the show of support.
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
permission granted to skip Thuringwethil. also recall of encounter is purely how Outlander sees it.

Outlander didn't spare the second body that arrived much attention. They weren't talking to him so they didn't matter. Not for now at least. I was traveling and this pair of ladies got all snappy when I was passing through somewhere. Wasn't even their land. Like hell I was gonna let them shove me off neutral land without some kind of scuffle. Granted he left out the part that he had obviously been rid of the lands because wasn't that kind of obvious? He was here now and not there.

He was still pretty convinced that duo had been batshit crazy.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Posting to keep moving! <3

As Thuringwethil approaches the lot, looking first to Wildfire and Blixen to make sure they’re okay, and then out over them to the stranger. She stiffens her posture as best she can to hide any grimace threatening to show. The tail end of the explanation is all she heard and she looks to his wounded shoulder, and then eyes trailing over the rest of him. In his current state, he’s less than impressive, but he’s shadowed in a former glory.

“We don’t offer handouts,” she says, coming around the other two women to stare at the brute that might one day match her in size, with a few meals and getting into the swing of things.
Trigedasleng · Common
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
The dark woman's words were met with a small raise of his brow. I ain't looking for some hand out. I need help and I'll pay it back. Fill whatever role you need. He was often a man of his word but this time he sure was. His life was on the line after all.

What man wouldn't sign away his freedom to keep living? Probably a stronger man than Outlander.
718 Posts
Ooc — remus
Master Guardian
Away

pair of ladies got all snappy earns him a raised eyebrow from blix, who is more inclined to side with girls any time than some brutish boy. still it's not dramatic or anything and nomi has chosen this moment to step forward so she defers, giving him an unimpressed look in agreement with nomi's words. "we have healers," she says, glancing to nomi and mother. her injuries ache but she ignores it for now, not wanting to give any sign of weakness (and thus a reason to be chastised by her parents for sneaking out to the border in the first place). whatever skills he has to offer better be good in order to access those healers, but ultimately it's not her final decision so she stays quiet.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
He speaks the same thing she’s heard of the years. I can do whatever you need. She stifles a scoff but it exits in a snort. She looks to Blixen a beat later as she offers their healers for knowledge, then looks to her mate who is less than impressed. Looking back toward the brute, her make a good warrior (maybe) but something doesn’t settle well with her.

“Empty gestures mean nothing. What can you do for us?” she asks, lifting a brow curiously and stepping up to her daughters side and looking at his wound from this distance.
Trigedasleng · Common
105 Posts
Ooc — hund
I can fight off any threats, guard the borders. I know it may not look like it now but I just need a little bit to recover and I'll be back in action. He didn't really care if they believed him but he was trying his best to show some redeemable qualities. Outlander was quickly realizing he didn't really have a lot of them but who didn't like some muscle for hire?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Last post, please archive or continue without me!

He offers his skills of defense. The wound isn’t taking up too much that’ll hinder him for long and soon she’ll have an answer. Silence lingers between them for a moment, even breaths; nothing ticks away for her decision as she remains stoic in her consideration.

“You are limited to the border’s side of the forest. When you are healed, we will see your skills, and you will be given more freedoms,” she informs him. Heda turns to Blixen and, in their native tongue, @Rose will tend to his wounds but I want you with them.” After, she beckons her mate and nods to her daughter, leaving them to tend to his wounds.
Trigedasleng · Common