Silvertip Mountain the serpent's words i remember well
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
All Welcome 
The stonework of the mountain was impressive, if one were really keen on taking study of it. A monolithic structure every bit as tall as it was stout, it had long tempted him to visit for more than his stay in the weald. Dirge had avoided it at length for a time, often too reminded of how much the span of forest and foothills resembled his birthplace. And for the longest time recently, he had thought another seeking to cordon off the peak from others—it had a prime location after all, views that rivaled the stony tachycardic span to its south and east—but he found on that day that the scents there were stale. A claim perhaps null, a beneficial point to the weak claim he made of the weald in the west.

He lingered along the low rises, skirting gently over weathered paths either left by his ilk or others of similar design, his snout low to the ground. He wondered what became of those that had tucked away here but tried not to think of it; perhaps there were greater dangers here than let on, and rightly so would stay to terrain he could manage without the pitfalls of going rear end off a sheer drop. He was no stranger to higher destinations but even a fool could tell the steepness of the climb and decide to stay with reach of timberline. It went without saying that perhaps there were also no guarantees that he paced the earth alone, as it felt just as foolish to think the whole peak abandoned for what it was worth.

He paused, drawing up on the remains of some hapless creature that met a grisly fate with faint interest. A meal left behind and picked clean by carrion; any trace of what it had been was left in bone and stubborn tufts of fur. He snatched a length of bone that seemed suitable and lightly gnawed, turning to make a hasty retreat the way he had come. A prize however meager, but something he thought he could antagonize his sibling with later. Even better if it had been in the possession of another.
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
A lonely thread! :c, have an Álainn!

Álainn had been in a very adventurous mood. She was exploring lots of Teekon Wilds, but straying away from places she pictured as pack territory. The golden-furred beauty hadn't really been to many mountains, and so she had decided to go to Silvertip. Álainn decided to climb, and then, she had caught a scent. Hoping this place didn't belong to anyone, she decided to take a few paw steps back so she climbed slowly back down, but she wanted to get a good look at the wolf she now saw to see if he owned this place or something else.

"I'm sorry, is this your territory?" Álainn asked, hoping for an answer, one that meant she was not on someone's territory.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
He rounded a bend of the stony slope and found he was not alone once again—it was never a difficult feat to find company. Cloaked in creams and less fiery in coloration thereafter, she stood out against the open drop of timber and blue skies. At least she was easy on the eyes he concluded as he slowed to a stop; the bone was dropped and held possesively, thoughtlessly with a foot as he regarded her further.

"No," he said with a lick of his lips, "I haven't the faintest who it belonged to. They're gone now." Or so he believed, if the muddied variety of markings here and there were as stale as they seemed. Still an opportunity presented itself as he drew in the heady taste of the wilderness, and decided she seemed travelworn enough not to belong anywhere herself.

"My claim is further west. Were you looking for the wolves here? Or just wandering?"
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn had been relieved that this place did not belong to anyone. If it did, she would've left immediately and would decide to travel somewhere else. "Okay, good." She had replied, and when Dirge had asked if she was wandering or looking for the wolves here, she shook her head no at the "if she was looking for the wolves living here" question. "Just exploring." Álainn had replied.

Was exploring here okay? She hoped so. It just seemed the mountain belonged to someone else.

Looking around, Álainn decided to take in the smell of fresh air. "I just tend to check in to make sure no one owns this place." She said. "I dislike the idea of trespassing."
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
There was a certain naivety and grace in the way she chose her words he found, and perhaps that was meant to make her seem more endearing. Yet it did not seem a ploy pushed out to lead him astray, but it was amusing in its own way and a faint smile drew up thinly along his features.

"Safer that way I suppose. Generally none of us dare to take that risk lest we end up with teeth at our hides," and to say he hadn't tempted that fate at least once was a lie. He bore nothing to suggest it had gone well or exceptionally poor and as it were the event was a world away now. "But some hosts are more forgiving than others," he went on to say.
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn was glad that Dirge basically slightly agreed with what she was saying, and she could notice a faint smile plastered onto his face. Maybe I can talk to him? Álainn thought, and she had a feeling doing so wouldn't hurt. Anyone she came across and wanted to socialize with, she wanted to talk to, and maybe did talk to. Friendliness and kindness ran in Álainn's blood, and she knew it wouldn't be a bad idea to talk to another wolf.

"What's your name? I'm Álainn." She had asked. When Álainn had said her own name, it sounded pretty, and nice on the tongue. It had an Irish vibe to it along with an Irish meaning, and it meant "lovely", and Álainn was lovely. A golden treasure that maybe many others would want for themselves. Of course Álainn had no desire to be "claimed", but if she ever was, she'd accept that.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Álainn, now that was an interesting name. Easy enough to say but unique, decidedly foreign in comparison to his own. Indeed lovely to fit with her femininity, though he would not comment on such. Perhaps if she had been forward and wily in her charms it would have been another story.

"I'm Dirge," he rejoined with a more solid smile. "So you're a wanderer then? Out to see the world and the like," and perhaps it would give them more common ground to speak on than mannerisms alone. He rolled the bone beneath his foot then, not quite keen on letting it rest unattended.
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Free, and looking :O

Álainn honestly liked the name Dirge as she silently repeated it to herself. It sounded very interesting, and nice. She nodded once Dirge had asked if she was a wanderer. "Yea." She replied. "During my time when I lived in a pack, I was only able to stay home, but now that I left the pack, I'm free."

And looking.

Well, about that "looking" part, Álainn knew others would be looking for someone like her. As beautiful and a treasure the wolfess basically was, males would be swooning and wanting a chance with her because of how graceful and beautiful she was.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
If only she knew how much the opposite his name was, then perhaps she would have wondered why a mother would bestow such on her only son. He had wondered this, once, and never again. Better to think she too thought it pretty than potentially an action she could have made had he been culled or otherwise led to a demise. But he could relate to the feeling and how absolutely freeing it had been to sever ties and simply go. To escape, for lack of better wording.

It did however lend just a modicum of wonder if she would not be interested in his proposal, for even he had been reluctant to run along with others outside his sisters. It had been winter that made him prioritize freedom and survival, and of course Hydra had been a deciding factor in that as well, a chance meeting that had swayed him for the better.

He wondered if perhaps, he were capable of the same.

"Freedom is a lovely thing none of us should ever be kept from," but perhaps it was all illusionary as well. They were social creatures, inevitably keeping company however and wherever it suited them. He would try, though for all things he were confident and experienced in, garnering followers was not one of them.

A flushed sensation crept to him, but he pressed through it verbose and far more awkward than he intended.

"Have you given thought to your future and what you might do? The summer will fade and winter comes swift and lingers here. My sister and I keep a modest piece of forest for ourselves a bit away, and we would not seek to cage a sparrow such as yourself. We too like to wander." It seemed easier to include Nyx there, though he had been the one making all the calls thus far.

i was trying to figure out how he could extend an offer so i am grateful for the opening here haha
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn could understand what Dirge was talking about. Freedom was wonderful indeed, plus, you didn't have to deal with anything else like being cramped up and having others chase after you and everything and keep you in check and in order, but Álainn had only experienced that in her pack, and doubted any other pack would have what she experienced. Dirge's next question, however, really put Álainn's mind to work. What do I have planned for my future? She wondered, and then started getting ideas.

"Yea, I've been thinking of maybe joining a pack eventually. After all, I see opportunities. Do you have any pack you're a member of, or do you have one you lead?

Álainn would be happy if Dirge was part of a pack or led one, then maybe she would see a future away from being a lone wolf.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
The cogs turned at her end for a moment and he wondered if perhaps she had not quite understood him. Or perhaps this too was a test to see how well his patience were to last, much in the way Bethlehem had tested his resolve, his dominance. This endeavor was certainly shaping up to be a lot of work, but he had never shied away from whatever his ambition sought.

"I lead," he said simply. He did not need to peruse too far to imagine she had her capabilities and if she was taking his bait, he would forego typical questionnaires. Perhaps it would sweeten the offer. "I wouldn't ask much in exchange either, for all wolves know what needs to satisfy. It could be your home for as long as you have need of it, should you decide a better opportunity has come about."
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Sorry for a dumb post! My muse was kind of low at the moment so I was throwing in random stuff.

Álainn nodded as Dirge went on explaining once more, how he led, and then she noticed an opportunity that was quite a good one. Perhaps she could join Dirge's pack, and be free from her family. Although Álainn probably wanted to join the "real" packs of Teekon, it would be nice to join some new and growing ones. Life as a lone wolf was hard, and she was close to a pack leader to be able to maybe join his pack.

"I think maybe I should join your pack, if that's alright." Álainn said. "I have been looking for a new family." If Dirge chose to accept her, Álainn would be heading to a new and official home.
so lay your hands across
my beating heart, love
938 Posts
Ooc — Rhys
Ranger
Álainn seemed to be coming around to the idea, her deliberation brief. He smiled again, this time warmly as her words danced around the decision of his say so. As if there was really any doubts he would turn her away. With a wave of his tail, he found the words to encourage her along.

"It may take some hard work to foster that," but in reality, they were already putting in the hard work—life outside the presumed security of a proper pack was not without its own set of difficulties. "Follow me," he said at the next beat, picking his pilfered bone and setting off back towards the weald.

no worries, this is equally rocky as i'm low on time today. feel free to conclude your post and chuck álainn into the pledged group though!