Blacktail Deer Plateau keep it together
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
All Welcome 
Grezig’s sister, Yizur, had disappeared. So had that strange, tiny mutt, Quail. Within the first few weeks of the pack’s creation, two members had gone MIA and Grezig was not sure how she felt about that—especially when one of them was her sister. Grezig sat despondently in the grass, the grey, overcast day not doing much to lift her spirits. It was strange of her to be so depressed about such things. Perhaps the title of Beta put pressure on her shoulders she had not really anticipated. Will the pack hold together long enough to get through winter? she wondered. She knew this sort of thinking did not help, but Grezig, whose mind was always more logical than emotional, found that her logical thinking was actually negatively affecting her emotions. She shook her head and stood up, deciding that perhaps a walk would help to clear her mind.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The sky was overcast, the clouds a deep grey that brought to mind the angry, arctic sea near her homeland. The wind chilled her bones as it caught in her pelt and caused the trees to bend their limbs against its strength. It would storm again, and soon, but Liri had found the rains to be gentle on most occasions and saw no need to seek shelter. 

The northron was patrolling. The sudden absences of Yizur and Quail were not lost on her and she felt the day would be best spent marking the borders - a territorial urge. She had wondered if Quail would stay after Barracuda's disappearance - without him the pale bird seemed lost. The fae had thought Yizur would stick around for her sister, and having lost her siblings before as well, Liri was disappointed when she left.

When the healer came upon the Beta in the forest, she dipped her pale head and chuffed in greeting, wondering if she wanted to talk.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig turned her head at Liri’s greeting, grunting a return greeting but saying nothing. She did not mind the fae’s company, but unsure what to say in this moment. I’m sorry my sister left us? Her sister leaving had nothing to do with her, so she had nothing to feel sorry for. Yet… it was still her sister who had left, someone she felt at least mildly responsible for. She sighed. “Liri, will we be all right for the winter months?” she finally asked. “Our numbers are… shrinking. My sister… and that small mutt who was always around Barracuda. They are gone. I fear more will leave.” She looked into the eyes of her Alpha for a moment, and then sighed and turned away again.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She settled near Grezig with a small sigh, sadness keeping the shine from her oak eyes for once. She could understand losing siblings, how often had Leto put his needs before her own, their own? 

"We'll be alright," she promised softly, dark gaze studying the tree line. She had survived much worse, the locusts and the blizzards had come in one year and by all means she should have perished. "More will come, they will grow again. It's never a constant as I learned in Rosings. People come and go," she murmured, unwilling to lie. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig listened silently as Liri attempted to reassure her. She tried to allow herself to be reassured. Their pack was young and small, but surely, after so much effort, it had to mean something. Besides, even if they ended up losing too many members to be a real pack, it wouldn’t matter. They would make it through winter—somehow—and try again. Grezig, at least, would not give up on this. 

Then Liri said something—a word—that Grezig found interesting. “Rosings?” she repeated, glancing at the pale woman. She raised her eyebrows in an obvious question, waiting to hear what Liri had to say on the matter.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
In her attempts to reassure her friend, she seemed to have overlooked explaining herself. None of the members knew of her past, there hadn't been much time nor cause to share in their travels. 

"It was the first pack I joined here, a year ago or so. I led it for a time but it disbanded eventually," she explained, glancing away as she thought of Aaron with that same hollow ache. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig took in the information with a grunt. It was interesting enough, but not enough to ask anymore questions about it. “I’ll double my patrols outside of the packlands,” she said, moving on. “Hopefully I’ll meet new wolves, ones who will be wanting a home for the winter.” It was all she could think to do. She just hoped her luck with patrols held out.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"That'll help," she agreed, glad to be off the subject. "Ruenna, our newest recruit, only just arrived and it is nearly autumn. Surely there'll be more who seek a home before the cold hits," Liri reasoned aloud. The winters in Teekon were not known for being particularly gentle. 

"I'll need to start getting the Door ready for winter as well. Padding the dens with some pine needles, storing herbs for the winter. All the preparation will be worth it, it's best to be ready for the winter here," she continued, more or less thinking out loud. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
The mention of Ruenna let Grezig know that there was a wolf she hadn’t met yet within pack territory. She would attempt to rectify that as soon as possible. She listened as Liri listed off the things she would be doing to ready them for winter. “I could help with that,” Grezig said, though she sounded hesitant. “Only, you would need to tell me what to look for, specifically. I am not gifted with plants like you. I fear I would bring in something poisonous without realizing it.” She paused, thinking. “Perhaps you could teach me the basics. There was a wolf, months ago now, who I met in a swamp when we were staying farther east.” She was thinking of Invictus, who had long since left the Teekon Wilds. “She taught me the basics of wound care, but perhaps you could teach me what herbs to look for to bring you?” This was Grezig, always ready to help.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"I could definitely teach you about medicine if you're interested," Liri agreed. It had been so long since she had spoken to anyone about her trade, she just never seemed to come across any other wolves interested in a Caregiver trade anymore. 

"I have some herbs drying near the caches but I need to move them to the Door. And some of the ones I have stored as well. Perhaps when I move them, I could show you some of them," she offered. 

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“I will wait for that day, then,” Grezig said, looking forward to it. It would give her a chance to get to know Liri a little more, and maybe learn something about plants—though she wasn’t sure such abstract knowledge would stick. Grezig was a brick wall, not a sponge. She knew how to hit things and do border patrols. More and more, though, she was learning to speak her mind on things, and if she was going to be an advisor, she needed to keep in close contact with both of the alphas—not just Kavik. She bowed her head in deference and said, “Forgive me, but I must stop wallowing now and get on with patrols.” She stood and, with another dip of her head, turned and wandered away through the trees.

[Exit.]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri dipped her head at Grezig's words in acknowledgement, watching as the Beta stood and departed.

"Farewell," she answered, lingering for only a moment before returning to the heart of the territory - gathering bedding from the forest to line her den with.