Redtail Rise i see the exodus of light
enough is an illusion
53 Posts
Ooc — KJ
the pain spreads, shooting through his muzzle as his lips curl back again, exposing his teeth even as she lowers herself. she is determined, he has to give her that. his threatening displays do not scare her off as he intends for them to do. he is still a cub in age but at six months he's all but full-grown now ( not that he necessarily grasps that, especially not at this moment ). all he knows is he has to protect himself, has to get home. that he can and will never trust someone he doesn't know explicitly again. trusting her would take more time than he has, admittedly. the three risks he suffers from: starvation, dehydration and pending infection if he doesn't get his wounds tended to will all contend with one another to see which kills him first. silkie knows he's in bad shape and knows that it'll be critical soon.

though silkie isn't sure that she understood what he said — unless she spoke tridgedasleng which he thinks might be possible there are many branches and wolves that traverse to and fro often — she offers him a placating 'ok'. distrust still seethes and brews and he holds onto it, clinging to it as if it's a life raft. from now on, it will be. distrust, hostility and aggression towards wolves he doesn't know is the building blocks of the fortress he's built himself behind. he shifts his weight, muscles still pulled taunt, head rising as he studies her.

don't trust her, don't trust her, don't trust her...

she called herself a healer and offered to help him. he knows if he wants to live to see himself back to drageda he needs her help. she could be lying. she could want to kill him ...it's not like he knows anything about plants or medicines to be able to contest her if she did. it's a long moment, a stretch of time where he fidgets, half of his mind made up to run away or attack, while the other half tells him he needs her knowledge. he needs her help. the internal war feels like a long, drawn out battle though it lasted only a few, silent minutes.

he swipes his tongue across his lips, wincing as it draws across and agitates the open wound over his upper lip on the left side of his muzzle. you can heal me, the lost dragon tells her finally, voice solemn ...and then it takes a hard edge. ...if you try to poison me i'll kill you. he warns her, bearing his teeth to signify that he wasn't making an idle and empty threat. he might not be in any condition to do much damage but if she tried anything sneaky he was going to do his best to take her down with him.

he feels a bit better now that he's cleared the air that he's not agreeing to let her help him out of trust but because survival demands it. she seems really nice and it's unfortunate that she has to see the feral and hostile dragon that silkie's become. i wasn't always like this ...but the code's been re-written and there was no going back to how and who he'd been before.

"trigedasleng"
Messages In This Thread
i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 13, 2018, 05:33 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 16, 2018, 05:48 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 17, 2018, 04:30 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - October 21, 2018, 08:51 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - October 22, 2018, 04:51 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 02, 2018, 11:10 PM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Silkie - November 03, 2018, 06:33 AM
RE: i see the exodus of light - by Tahani - November 08, 2018, 11:50 PM