The Heartwood until now we have seldom seen, i will go if you go with me
you're going to keep my soul,
it was yours to have long ago
567 Posts
Ooc — lauren
AW! tag is for reference - anyone is welcome :)

imrathil was never far from @Wardruna, same as winter never seemed far from the horizon. he couldn't remember much of the last time he had endured winter's bitter touch, but he remembered he hadn't liked it much. already the leaves had that burnt brown color - those that hadn't fallen dead to the ground, still clung to the trees in a sort of fitful, restless way.

imrathil felt sorry for the smaller animals, who didn't have thick fur or burrows to dig into. it had been a long time since he had seen a summer bird. for a while, squirrels and chipmunks and hares and muskrats had all furiously worked day and night to stack their wares - he had seen them in the odd hours, fumbling through litter and fern for fallen nuts or acorns. soon, he wouldn't see them, either.

for now the boy was alone in the heartwood, which seemed a fairly melancholy or unwelcoming place to imrathil. perhaps it was more the nature of the eyes which viewed it -- for imrathil was possessed of an unusually somber mood as he weaved through tall rows of bare trees.
i'm gonna hold a pen
while you drag my arm across the page.
Messages In This Thread
until now we have seldom seen, i will go if you go with me - by Ingram Sr - November 10, 2018, 10:50 AM