Sunspire Mountains say hey Goodbye yesterday
42 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

He moved slowly toward the top of the Sunspire, the highest point. He had already discovered that the pack he'd seen before had left and he would meet no problems when trying to enter. His face was expressionless though a glazed look was in his eyes, showing that he wasn't okay. When he finally reached the top he began to explore, covering the ground slowly. The process took him a while, he had no idea how long had really passed but he came up empty. There hadnt even been a grave marked for him, nothing to show he had existed and died here. Slaughtered by his own daughter, body abandoned in a hole by his ex wife. "What did you do Dad?" he whispered into the empty air, feeling like his father was watching, hanging around for a moment. "Why did nobody care? Not even a mark. Your own..daughter killed you. Ex wife says you deserved it. What kind of man were you?" he asked questions he'd never get an answer to, voice rising with every one. "You were just another fucking Svartell Fool!" he screamed eyes flooding with hot tears. He ducked his head and sat down, deflating again "Is this what I'm doomed to be?"
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

despite knowing that the pack had moved on, she wasn't especially keen on returning to the Sunspire. nevertheless, the threat of a looming storm found here on the mountain, for here was where she knew she'd find the best shelter. instinct bade her lie low until the winds blew themselves out. 

a great deal of anguished yelling erupted suddenly, near from where she stood near the entrance of a long-abandoned den. ears slicked back in annoyance, and she wavered a moment before the comfort of the den before making quick work of the distance between herself and the stranger. she found him desolate, deflated and muttering. she stilled, the blistering wind stiffening her pelt and burning against the hawkishness of her gaze. "planning on jumping?" 
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

42 Posts
Ooc —
He was startled by the voice, so deep in his emotions was he while also focusing on not letting the Gusty winds knock him down. His head snapped up and he whirled around, spotting someone who at first he thought was his aunt. She looked just like his Aunt Blythe except for the eyes, which were green instead of blue. "Why? Would you stop me?" he asked his tone accusational before he even realised he was snapping. His gaze darted around her face for a few seconds before he dropped it "I'm sorry, that was unescessary. No I won't jump. Probably couldn't even if I did want to. Am I bothering you? I just...came here to visit" he tried again, aiming for a more polite angle. He lowered his haunches to the ground, blue eyes peering at her curiously. The resemblance to his aunt was lessened as he noticed the grey speckles on her fur, almost like dotted stars. It was beautiful, a unique pattern he couldnt recall ever seeing on anyone before.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

apathy burned in her gaze, increased tenfold by his question. "no." even if she cared, she wouldn't risk being taken down over the edge. she met his gaze, her own still burning into his crown even when he dropped his. she was silent as she spoke, half-regretting coming out of her way in the first place. at least it seemed he'd stopped screaming, at least for now. she was of half a mind to simply leave him there. "self-pity isn't a good look. and if you're going to wail about your daddy issues, at least do it quietly." if she left now and he started up again, she wouldn't bother with words next time.

42 Posts
Ooc —
He snorted and flicked his ears rolling his eyes "Didn't think so" he said under his breath. He was completely not expecting her to be blatantly rude and downright mean. Taken aback he narrowed his gaze and stared at her, body going rigid. "Pity. That's what you think this is?" it was but he thought he deserved to have a little wallowing. "Why don't you have your mother murdered and then spend your whole life hunting down your father to find out he was a shitty dad and his own child murdered him. See how quiet you are about it" he hissed the words and gestured around them before returning his gaze to her face, eyes gleaming with madness "Besides, nobody lives here anymore. The pack who was here left. Otherwise I wouldn't be standing here at all. Who are you to tell me what to do?" now that he had raged a little bit he stood there staring at her, almost hoping she try to do something to make him leave.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

it wasn't long before the last few pieces fell into place, confirmed what she'd already guessed. she watched him slide slowly from tension to madness, the desperation, the pain, evident. it made her want to push. she was silent as he ranted, words picking up fervor and pace. she waited a moment to see if the madness radiating off him would lessen, wondered just how easily she could twist it into fury. "you're on the wrong side of the mountain." her stillness faltered as she motioned to the east. "if you're looking to wail over bones and rot, you'll have better luck there." she saw this as just about as friendly as she was going to get; especially considering the off-kilter gleam in his eye made his gaze oh so similar to Dakarai's when he'd claimed he wanted nothing to do with the family he'd dragged into this world.

42 Posts
Ooc —
Something twisted blossomed inside of him, a flare of insanity that hoped she would retaliate for his raging with violence. Perhaps the physical pain could replace the emotional wounds, which he found more difficult to deal with than the physical. Then it all blanked out as soon as she told him he was in the wrong spot. His jaw dropped and eyes widened into a comical look of shock and disbelief before his ears flattened against his skull and he cursed "Shit! I'm an idiot!" he clamped his jaw shut and looked toward where she had pointed. Suddenly his face fell and he just looked empty as he slowly shook his head "Why waste my time visiting the corpse of a scumbag?" he whispered lifting his head. He began to walk off and then slowly something dawned on him "How did you know?" he asked. Then it clicked. Terrance telling him that he had a half sister in Sunspire when he had introduced himself. Olive saying his sister had murdered their father. 

His eyes iced over and he studied her. She seemed hardened and predatory like someone who had been through hell and had done things nobody should have to. Olive had said his father had been a volatile man, the family was obviously torn apart, Sirius had told him that he was left at a different pack and raised by a woman named Hemlock. His gaze grew warmer in the slightest though he looked blank "I spent my whole life being taught he was a hero to learn he was the villain. So...I guess that makes you the good one here. Slaying the bad guy. So..thanks" he said this after a few moments of staring and then turned intent upon walking away unless stopped.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia

it took him a while to connect the dots, in his defense, she had little idea how much her mother had told him. she'd jumped to that conclusion after the realization that Aries was more likely to sink his teeth into something than he was too talk, and her mother was the only person left capable of evaluating Dakarai's performance as the scumbag father of the decade. his eyes iced over and the maddness blinked out, so sharply that for a moment she did not know whether he wished to try and sink his teeth into her or run. he did nothing of the sort, instead staring after her with some emotion she could not quite decipher. 

when he spoke and turned to leave, she allowed him to go but a few steps before speaking. "there is no such thing as good guys and bad guys. I did what I had to. I will do it again if need be." a veiled threat; she didn't like the idea of a wildcard with her father's blood and eyes, and if it turned out he shared more traits with him than those she would not hesitate to cut down the Svartell line further. and with that she let him go, the winds carrying ice that reminded her of her original purpose here.
42 Posts
Ooc —
He paused once more without turning around, unseen expression one of deep thought as he considered her words. In a way he supposed he agreed, people weren't one or the other but a mix of both and some more good than bad or vice versa. He detected the unspoken threat in her words and scoffed "I am not my father and never will be." oh how that stung. All he ever wanted was to be like his dad, an avenging warrior, a protector of the innocent. Now however he knew that to be false and was left with nothing. Eventually he would realise he could choose who to be without modeling after another but that time wasn't now, for now he would sulk and contemplate the life changing turn of events. He resumed walking away this time picking up the pace and heading down the mountain toward the east.