Coconut Grove Midnight driving til my eyes give up
200 Posts
Ooc —
He pranced toward the water when beckoned, giggling boyishly when the cold surf washed over beige toes. Govinda certainly was smart. This time, the rich brown leader reminded Lucas of Laurel and the time she'd told him where to find smooth rocks by rivers. Laurel viewed them as treasures and, by extension, Lucas did as well. It made him wonder absently if Govinda collected things from the water like his mother did. He saved that question for another time.

He'd never noticed silt moving in the water before Govinda pointed it out, but as Lucas lowered his snout to peer closely at the waves, he could see the glimmer of sand stirred up in its wake. "Yeah," he acknowledged, tapping his paws in the wet ground. He watched as a pebble rolled in the surf and then sunk into the waterlogged sand. That was a pebble, though. The bones stood like bleached spires on the beach, colossal even now, and he frowned thoughtfully back at them.

"That's probably what happened," he agreed, taking his cues entirely from Govinda, then remarked "but it must've taken like a hundred hundred years to get so much sand up there!" He couldn't wrap his head around that amount of time. Even his mere seven months felt like an entire lifetime to him. No way the bones would still be there, he naively thought. "Maybe someone was trying to bury them too so it went faster?" But who would want to?

These subjects were far beyond his comprehension. That the earth alone could reclaim itself without any external force—had reclaimed itself countless times over millenia of existence, raising entire landmasses just by shifting itself—was absolutely unimaginable to him, though he did believe Govinda's conclusions on the sand and the bones. It would be way cooler if they came from outer space though, he thought. Just sayin'.
Messages In This Thread
Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 19, 2018, 04:54 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 20, 2018, 10:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 11:30 AM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 23, 2018, 02:43 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 23, 2018, 05:05 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 24, 2018, 03:10 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - November 25, 2018, 02:12 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - November 25, 2018, 10:34 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 02, 2018, 07:33 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Aditya - December 05, 2018, 09:53 PM
RE: Midnight driving til my eyes give up - by Lucas - December 06, 2018, 08:16 PM