Emberflame Ridge i could lie, say i like it like that, like it like that
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Private 
She departs from the willows alongside the rise of the sun.  It's been a sleepless night; even though she lives in what is essentially paradise, she has found herself awake while the stars still hang over her head.  There is a significant weight upon her shoulders she was never meant to bear.  Seabreeze knows she is not built for leadership, and she worries it will only be a matter of time until the others see through her.  Brilliance and Mali ignore her, and the latter has been a significant source of stress.  He hates her and she cannot pinpoint why; she rarely speaks to him and can hardly stand to look at him for all the displeasure he holds with her for... just existing, it seems.  She exists.  That's the problem.

Though she does not feel as dismal as she felt upon the Sunspire, she needs to get out for a while.  Just a while, she tells herself — she has her babies (who don't love her) and her wife (who is too good and pure for her) and her best friend (who lost his partner because of her).  She has things tying her to the willows... but she would prefer to spend the quiet hallowed hours of this golden morning alone.

She comes from the shadows at the foot of the mountain and emerges on top within the dense forest and stops once she reaches a clearing where the sunlight can filter in.

[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

all creation myths need a devil
445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
at the far edge of this same clearing - favored by the wind and blending well into the dark bosk with its tattered drapes - lie the defamed dragoon, stigmata. he had come to further scout his prospects, see what secrets these mountains had to bury, when he had taken up shelter here for the night. he had come far in his effort to avoid confrontation with a nearby pack ruling the creek, and unwittingly drew near the confines of another.

it seemed he needn't make it that far, however, as the thin film of peace that had covered him throughout the night was at last torn with tender innocence by the featherweight footsteps of another wolf. his ears swiveled forward, spying on the pale-sand sylph at a distance. she seemed to be minding her own business for the most part, so he elected to remain quiet, lest he disturb her own ruminating as she had his.

he remained lounged and observant, appearing coolly apathetic apart from the unrestrained, agitated twitching of his  tail. he debated on calling out to her, then chose not to when he considered that it would probably startle her more than if she happened upon him on her own.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
She had settled down before her eyes sought the landscape around her, and she did indeed startle when she saw him.  The light had not yet hit the ground in which he stood there like some spectre, with his grey eye and grey coat and grey mien.  If he wanted to hurt her, he would have done so while her back was turned and it would be easy (unless he was particularly sadistic and wanted to see the fear in her eye).  Despite all her hurt, her heart came easy — already she had warmed towards this lone stranger.  

Good morning, she says, unperturbed by how close he strays to her home.  What are you doing up so early?

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
for the briefest of moments their eyes unavoidably met before she realized she was trapped in the sights of a larger predator, and her eyes shuddered away like the calm sea ripening for a storm. he thought her flinch would evolve into a hasty exit, but stigmata observed - with a rising sense of approval - as she steeled herself visibly and put on a lovely mask with which to greet him.

he seemed to look through her, as if she were nothing more than glass, and he did not exert himself to rise from his lying position or otherwise act as if he welcomed her presence. at the same time, he made no motion to dismiss her quite yet. "early?" he said airily, parroting the word as if he didn't understand it; trying not to sound like he was mocking her, which he most certainly was. "i suppose it must be, to some."

the break of dawn? "not early enough!" he would say.

stigmata shifted slightly, tucking one forepaw as he lifted his chin towards her, eyes glinting cleverly. "i am contemplating a direction," he offered, enigmatically casual. "might you know of any decent headings? nothing too treacherous, of course." the serpent slithered, flashing his silver tongue.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist
Although Stigmata is able to conceal the derision in his tone from the gentle, empathetic Seabreeze, she still feels as if he is trying to mock her in some way.  As far as she was concerned, they all had the same amount of hours in the day.  It didn't matter if one rose early or late, so long as all the work got done.  With how small Elysium was looking these days, there wasn't much to do inside the territory.

There are few directions north of here that are amenable to safe travels.  My pack resides in the willow trees below.  The mountains on either side are treacherous — this one included, though it appears to be relatively benign.  If you descend east from the mountains, you'll be met with a nasty marsh that I'll assume is half frozen by now.  Anything else is terribly out of the way, if you're just intent on heading north, north-east.

She glances at him, looks him up and down.  He's hale, healthy.  He could kill her, if it came down to it.  She didn't know if everyone in Elysium combined could take him down.  Still.  You're welcome to travel through my territory, if you wish.

445 Posts
Ooc —
Tracker
Master Tactician
she was quite informative, this one. loose with her tongue and trusting with her body. stigmata held her tightly in his gaze and felt himself grow interested - involved, suddenly - in who this wolf truly was and how she could benefit him. he was careful to glance wherever she motioned, making mental note of each generous piece of information she gave him, but his sights always lingered on her; prying and unreadable.

at her last words, stigmata blinked at the sandy sprite, and then furrowed his brow. "i would do no such thing, and i cannot begin to fathom why you would even allow it, let alone invite it," he said a little tartly, beginning to wonder what it was about her that was still so enchanting. she was clearly insane.

she vaguely explained the foundation of her pack and the philosophies behind it, but stigmata was left wary of an alliance with such open wolves. they parted ways cordially, but with little understanding of one another.