Heron Lake Plateau last night i had a dream that i was brushing a horse.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire returned Finley's smile, marveling a little as she got to share in this particular topic with her godmother: motherhood. "I won't be mad if they end up running off into the sunset together," she mused, wondering what her aunt thought of such. "Of course, actual running off isn't necessary," she added, huffing a laugh. "Although I can see Bat uprooting again someday." She tried to hold back the sight that built up in her breast. "We didn't expect to find her here, though I'm glad we did. She was just as taken by surprise when we showed up and I'm pretty sure she doesn't feel the same way..."

But that was complicated, plus she still didn't want to burden Finley with a list of grievances, even though she knew she'd listen and offer advice. Perhaps another time, she would seek counsel from the counselor. It was just that right now, she wanted to enjoy the simple pleasure of the woman's company, focus on the sweet joy and positivity of their reunion, not dwell on the darker side of things.

Since she sought a change of subject anyhow, Wildfire found herself circling back to an earlier, unspoken thought. "You said your hip prevents you from traveling. But if I found a willing steed, what would you think of maybe visiting the caldera again someday? Maybe in the spring? Before you inevitably pop out another batch of Blackthorns," she mused with a twinkle in her eye. Finley had said she was getting old and a bad hip didn't bode well for bearing young... but Wildfire didn't doubt for a second that she could look forward to some fresh black stripes next year.
Messages In This Thread
RE: last night i had a dream that i was brushing a horse. - by Wildfire - December 09, 2018, 12:59 PM