Heron Lake Plateau restore me, restore life the way it should be.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire loved her son unconditionally and she wished she could go to him, wrap him in her arms, yet she checked herself. She couldn't be sure how such a display of affection might even be received at this point. And she couldn't forget that he'd threatened his little sister, her younger child. It made her heart sink as she regarded his face, saw the conflict in her own eyes reflected in his. It broke a little when he determinedly insisted he was here to bring her home. How she wished the "or else..." wasn't implied.

"Artaax..." she said again, voice barely more than a whisper. She chose her next words carefully, aware they may anger him even more than they hurt him. "I've chosen to l—" But her thoughtfully spoken soliloquy cut off abruptly when Kiwi appeared. She wanted to think Artaax wouldn't actually hurt his younger siblings, yet her maternal instincts ratcheted up nonetheless. She motioned the watchful girl closer, then scanned the area behind her, looking for any sign of Bat or Sequoia. There were none.

Wildfire did her best to coax Kiwi to stand between herself and Quixote as she resumed facing Artaax. She took a deep breath to calm her pounding heart and attempted to pick up where she'd left off. "I've chosen to live here now. I know that upsets you. I'm sorry. But I've made my choice. And there's no going back." She paused, biting her lip. "Blixen, Silkie and Tux remain in Drageda." One day, Heda would rejoin them too, a day Wildfire would never see, which was for the best. But she knew how Artaax felt about Thuringwethil. Her blood didn't run in his veins like Wildfire's did but he was Drakru through and through. "You should go to them. But we won't be going with you."

She knew she shouldn't speak on her daughters' and niece's behalf necessarily, especially with Kiwi right next to her, but Wildfire couldn't help herself in the end. They were nearly adults, hence why she'd respected their choices, as well as their brothers', about where they wanted to live. She dearly hoped Kiwi would stay here, yet she knew there was a possibility she would change her mind, especially with the tension the mother sensed between her daughters. The possibility frightened her badly, as despite whatever Artaax thought, Wildfire knew there was danger in showing up at Drageda again. She was sure she'd be killed outright as a natrona... but perhaps they might forgive the younger generation.

Trying her hardest not to cry now, Wildfire's chestnut gaze turned sideways to see if Kiwi would concur and what else she might have to say on the matter.
Messages In This Thread
restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Artaax - December 08, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Wildfire - December 09, 2018, 10:38 AM