Heron Lake Plateau restore me, restore life the way it should be.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
He didn't even seem to entertain Kiwi's suggestion, much less dignify it with a reply. Wildfire shook her head, feeling sorry for her daughter, even if the fiery little girl would shortly prove she didn't need her mother's pity. She sucked in a sharp breath when Kiwi moved toward Artaax, quickly pressing closer and doing her best to insert herself between the two by swinging perpendicularly. It exposed her whole flank to her son's teeth, should he choose to attack, but better her hide than Kiwi's.

Artaax wanted to know why and despite the mounting precariousness of the situation, Wildfire found it a fair and reasonable question, one she wanted to answer. "I didn't choose anything over you. I don't see things the way you do," Wildfire said more shrilly than she would've liked, desperate to make Artaax understand even if she knew it was a futile effort. "My love for you, Artaax, it's unconditional. It isn't dependent on your staying with me or with Drageda. I'd love you no matter what, no matter what you do or where you go. I'd love for you to stay with me here but I know you'd never want that." He'd just proved her point by ignoring Kiwi altogether. "I could never hate you for your choice and I wish you wouldn't hate me for mine, which I made because I wasn't happy in Drageda or with your nomi anymore. I'm sorry."

But following that apology came another flash of her eyes. Although it didn't make her love him any less, Wildfire grew weary (and wary) of Artaax's death threats, especially with Kiwi present. After Quixote spoke his piece—for which she sent him silent gratitude, though his use of the word "stupid" made her flinch—Wildfire added, "Nomi may very well condemn us as natrona but she has no power here." He would probably find that hard to believe, maybe even impossible to accept, but Wildfire needed to say it for his sake and his sister's. "Nobody will be dying." Her blackened tail gave a decided flick and she tried to maintain a stoic expression as she said, "I love you, Artaax. So much." She exhaled, her face crumpling despite her efforts. "Go home."
Messages In This Thread
restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Artaax - December 08, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Wildfire - December 10, 2018, 11:14 AM