Heron Lake Plateau restore me, restore life the way it should be.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Wildfire closed her eyes against Artaax's final jabs, as if it would somehow shield her from the pain. It didn't work, of course. She understood his anger, his hurt and his sense of betrayal. She had expected this to go very poorly. Even still, hearing him denounce her and then imply he would be back to kill her—them—was devastating. She didn't know how she managed not to cry, though when her eyes slowly opened a moment later, she saw him retreating. I hope I never see you again, she thought, dimly registering the angry words Quixote shouted at her son's back. There was no malice in the thought, simply despair.

She didn't quite know what to do with herself now that he had gone. She stood rooted to the spot, staring at the space he'd occupied just moments ago, almost dizzy with grief and also fear. By the time she snapped out of it, Kiwi had gone. Wildfire started, then saw that Quixote was still nearby. She didn't know him well but Wildfire felt immense gratitude toward her sister's mate, who'd gone to bat for them despite hardly knowing them in return.

"Thank you, Quixote. I'd like to speak to you about what just happened. Rave too. But first, I need to find Kiwi and her sister. Sequoia too. I need to..." She threw him one last apologetic and grateful look before darting off after her daughter's scent.

Let me know if you need me to change the PP, Starr! :)
Messages In This Thread
restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Artaax - December 08, 2018, 01:34 PM
RE: restore me, restore life the way it should be. - by Wildfire - December 11, 2018, 09:25 AM