Lost Creek Hollow strawberry alarm clock
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
forward-dated to 13th

Three down. . .one to go? Unless she made the trek up to the glacier, which she was waffling on. It had already been such a slog. . . Perhaps she would send Khali in her stead, or some other aspiring scout, and hope that his word held as much weight as hers. Really, she didn't know why it wouldn't. And maybe he would enjoy a task that didn't involve wrangling the traumatized children of Elysium.

Alas. Lily let out a gusty exhale as she stopped at Lost Creek Hollow, the only pack she was really nervous about seeing. There was something about the dynamic between Terance and Seabreeze that put her off; she'd never seen the two of them together, but both of them had acted as if they didn't want the other to exist. Being from a stable family and loving parents, Lily couldn't quite grasp the concept of (wolf) divorce.

Well, maybe someone else would answer. She howled, her voice a little hoarse from all the calls before, and rolled her shoulders, shifting her weight on the cool ground. Yes, she'd send someone else to Elysium. She was ready for a lengthy sleep in her own den.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
There was no saying that Lily's trip ever had half a chance of being totally normal and amiable.  There were two primary choices of wolves that were going to show up, and one of them had issues and the other was Treason.  Great odds, huh?

Treason had been off doing boring patrol things, so when the howl came up, she wasn't too far away and thus headed in that direction.  She didn't know anything really about the Elysium wolves other than that Olive, Seabreeze and their useless spawn had ended up in some other random pack and taken it over (lolwut), so it wasn't like she had any opinion on the comparatively smaller wolf that had called.  She prowled over with her normal predatory stride and critical stare, Yes?
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Actually, maybe it would have been better if Terance had answered. This woman didn't look friendly at all, though Lily supposed there was an unfamiliar wolf on her doorstep. Still, it wasn't as if she'd came in teeth bared. . .

Hallo, she said cheerfully, refusing to be brought down by any bad vibes. She grinned. I don't believe we've met. I'm Lily, from Elysium, the pack in the willow forest. Feeling as if this guardian didn't like wasting time, she cut to the chase. We're, er, having a party over there for the winter solstice. Yule.

She wagged her tail, beaming. I wanted to extend an invitation to your wolves. It'll be fun--dancing, games, food, stargazing. . . Could you pass along the message, in case anyone is interested? I think it would be a fun way to get the packs in the valley acquainted, and perhaps allied.

Well, that was her best sales pitch. She would just have to sit tight and see how the woman took it.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
That was the pack Seabreeze and Olive were now in, wasn't it?  She still didn't know how it was those two that given up so quickly on one pack had managed to convince another to let them lead.  Their previous show of just surrendering instead of facing a bit of a tough time hadn't reflected well in Treason's eyes.  Just the same, she would be her normal cool self.  I'm Treason.  And I will.  That was really all that needed to be said on that, wasn't it?  Lily went through all the basic information, so unless there was some less-obvious thing that was worth noting...

Either way there was another matter that Treason could use her for -- though she hadn't exactly gone on any grand voyages herself, she did remember what Laurel had said.  I assume you've gone to several packs?  Have you run across two youths, Lucas and Piper?  They apparently went missing some weeks back before their mother got here.  Both somewhere between white and red in color.  Because Treason totally got all the details because she thought ahead.  Not.  She was guesstimating, huzzah.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Well, all right. That was easy enough. Lily gave a polite nod, then her ears perked up as the woman began to speak again. After pondering the details given, she shook her head, face remorseful as she opened her mouth to respond.

I'm afraid not, the blackbird said, frowning. I'm sorry to hear that they're missing. I'll keep an eye out for them, though, and I'll ask my pack to do the same. Elysium was no stranger to missing youngsters, after all. Or missing wolves in general, really.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Oh if only it was an issue solved by this one meeting.  That would be too easy. Just the same, at least there were more eyes out there looking, Thank you.  Their mother may end up showing up at your pack to check in if you've seen them at some point later on.  I know she plans on searching for them some time soon. Treason wasn't entirely sure of the full plan. Or even when it was happening at this point.  Probably just whenever made sense, not that any of it did -- she still thought Laurel was far too chill about the whole thing.

Is there anything else I could help you with? Easy message to deliver, so that wouldn't take too much of her time...
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Okay, Lily agreed, making a note to herself. Lost Creek Hollow, woman looking for children. Easy enough to remember. She shook her head at the query, smiling. Nope, that's all from me. I'll send up a howl the day of the solstice; the party will begin that evening.

The conversation had reached its natural conclusion, and she dipped her head politely, beaming at the guardian. Lovely to meet you, Treason, she said. Hope to see you soon! Once pleasantries had been exchanged, she shuffled off, a little slower this time. Her mission was complete, and now it was time for the slog back to Elysium.

At least there was a cozy place to sleep waiting for her at the end of the road.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Okay, I will let the pack know.  Treason bobbed her head. Farewell.  She'd watch Lily head off a bit before returning to her work.

Kind of a weird meeting really.  She found it pretty bizarre that a pack would go out of its way to invite other random wolves to visit for any reason.  It seemed like a lapse in security to her.  That kind of thing just made her wish things would go wrong so she could be proven right.  Whatever. It wasn't like things ever went her way, and sometimes things in these lands just didn't make sense. Another day in the Teekon Wilds.